Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Top & Bottoms Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Top or;;
  BOTTOM.
View Results

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:48 pm
What are reasons for you to decide who is top and bottom? >_< This should be fun.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:58 pm
The cute one is on the bottom, the sexy one is tops.
But it depends a lot on the character. Height, age and personality play an important part as well.

User_2629207

Saiya-jinKISS

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:12 pm
Hmm..I don't know. I mostly go by personality (I don't care really about height) if they 'act' tall they're on top. If they play off as dominant and cold for an example... like Yuki then he would surely top over the hyperactive and bubbly Shuichi. But what I don't like is if they are both like really buff physically, then I think it's kinda gross.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:48 pm
I have a bit of a fetish... sweatdrop

I like to put the cold, distant one ( usually the taller one too...) on the bottom. It just doesn't make sense to me why the bubbly, hyperactive one would be content to just sit there. Seems like they'd want to be in on the action, to me. xd  

Ootori Kyouya-sama

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:05 pm
If I really have to pick it'd be whichever one has the more dominant personality. The one who's more willing to take action outside of the relationship, who's more assertive and self-confident, is more likely to have to get things going in sexual aspects of a relationship.
Not to say that that.. necessarily means they'd be the "pitcher", does it? You could have a situation where the bottom is in the dominant position emotionally, and the top is following along.

Buuut.. I like switches. I find a mutual give-and-take relationship to be much more realistic and attractive.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:07 pm
I agree. Switchables are much more interesting.^^  

Ootori Kyouya-sama

Artistic Repertoire

Distinct Explorer

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 3:14 pm
Sushii-Princess
But it depends a lot on the character. Height, age and personality play an important part as well.

I agree with the princess  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 4:14 pm
Skizzors

Buuut.. I like switches. I find a mutual give-and-take relationship to be much more realistic and attractive.

I agree. 3nodding  

retice

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:35 am
iyzea
Sushii-Princess

I agree with the princess

So would Naruto be considered cute or sexy?! IT ALL DEPENDS. *stressed out* HAHA. >_< Sorry bout' that.

Buttt, with height - does the taller one alway top? WHY?
And age! Why would the elder one mostly top?!!!  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:33 am
psychotic LEE
So would Naruto be considered cute or sexy?! IT ALL DEPENDS. *stressed out* HAHA. >_< Sorry bout' that.

Taller: The majority of people just think a taller top is more visually appealing. It's the same reason why you rarely see a taller woman and a shorter man together in manga.

Age: I think it's probably 'cause the older one is suppose to be more mature. At least that how I rationalize it.

Have you read any manga by Bohra Naono? She loves to create manga about short/younger seme. I really think that top/bottom has a lot to do with personality and relationship dynamics. Who's top or bottom (in and out of bed) is way more complex than how tall he is.

Also, I think Naruto's pretty cute. But I think he can totally top Sasuke if he wanted too. But he doesn't want to 'cause he wants Gaara to bend him over. >3 Naruto, by nature, is pretty forward and aggressive. I file those characteristics under seme or aggressive uke, a characteristic fandom seems forget exists. Honestly, what seme is going to want a uke that just lies there and takes it? Talk about boring sex. >.>  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 1:41 am
LadyNox
psychotic LEE

Taller: The majority of people just think a taller top is more visually appealing. It's the same reason why you rarely see a taller woman and a shorter man together in manga.

Age: I think it's probably 'cause the older one is suppose to be more mature. At least that how I rationalize it.

Have you read any manga by Bohra Naono? She loves to create manga about short/younger seme. I really think that top/bottom has a lot to do with personality and relationship dynamics. Who's top or bottom (in and out of bed) is way more complex than how tall he is.

Also, I think Naruto's pretty cute. But I think he can totally top Sasuke if he wanted too. But he doesn't want to 'cause he wants Gaara to bend him over. >3 Naruto, by nature, is pretty forward and aggressive. I file those characteristics under seme or aggressive uke, a characteristic fandom seems forget exists. Honestly, what seme is going to want a uke that just lies there and takes it? Talk about boring sex. >.>

Ohhhh, That sounds really great! I shall check out Bohra... Haha, what are her titles?

I mean, Naruto's cute too. And Sasuke is so top [in my opinion anyway], because I think Sasuke would be the harsh, no-emotion uke type. <33 Haha. *sniffles* You know? "Sasuke, I love you." "Hn, go to sleep dobe." HAHAHAHA. *cracks herself up*  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 7:31 am
I like guy with one or more of there qualities to be bottom..

arrogant (easily jealous type of way)
bubbly (obviously...)
shorter (..not talking..sometimes the tall one can be the uke too..I know..)
submisive (but really.. I like the agressive ones more... the seme's life'll be more interesting...and at least it's amusing... when the uke is proposed, he'll obviously try not to cry but fails.. but once he knew he have to wear a dress or something, hell breaks loose..)
in sexual way.. flexible ( xp I admit.. I'm pervy.. a self proclaimed IMP)

but really.. I really like the either way.. both can be top and bottom... it's easy and there'll be less argument (I think...) Plus, the'll be different reactions if they swich... (oooohhh.. heart heart )  

sukuiddo

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:10 am
psychotic LEE

Ohhhh, That sounds really great! I shall check out Bohra... Haha, what are her titles?

I mean, Naruto's cute too. And Sasuke is so top [in my opinion anyway], because I think Sasuke would be the harsh, no-emotion uke type. <33 Haha. *sniffles* You know? "Sasuke, I love you." "Hn, go to sleep dobe." HAHAHAHA. *cracks herself up*

She's written Moment, the A Desire Boy series, Covetus You, Insensible Me, Denki and tons others. She writes lots of one shots, or three issues stories. Nothing on-going yet. Three Wolves has a very uke-like boy trying very hard to be seme and his seme going "OMG, NO!" >3 It's pretty awesome. Best bet is to google her name. The internet will give you a complete list of her works. :3  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:32 pm
uhm id have to say O_O personality plays a big role
in rreal life especially =]
hehe
but mostly a give-and-take is a more realistic relationship O.O
thats how it mostly works in real life though O.< yeah
but mostly its the personality that counts, whose more submissive and whose more dominant lol =]  

mr.clarinet_dude

Sorgey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:36 pm
I have a very standard generic top / bottom guy thing going on -Cough-

I always picture the bigger, taller, darker, older, more muscly, more cool and quiet guy to be the top, and the smaller, shorter, younger, thin, more bubbly and outgoing guy to be the bottom.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff