Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Books][Good Omens]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:14 pm
Mm, Good Omens is a novel by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman about the end of the world. Well, more about a rather incompetant angel and demon trying to stop the apocalypse coming about. It's hilarious. And very quotable.
"Many people meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on Nitrous Oxide."

So, anybody here read it? Anyone else think Crowley x Aziraphale is so canon it's not funny? And has anyone heard about the "South Downs" thing?  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:34 pm
biggrin DDDDD

I love Good Omens so much it isn't even funny. And of course, CxA is awesome and fantastic and hilarious. The part where they get drunk together is just too great.  

palindrome88

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:59 pm
I'm a complete and utter Good Omens fangirl. XDD

As for the South Downs thing I was talking about, well... I'm sure it's okay to post a link! So, someone went to a booksigning by Neil Gaiman. And so, we have their livejournal. And I'm sure you'll understand why C x A seems so canon.

I have so many icons and Good Omens fanart things on my computer... Would anyone like to see a Good Omens thread in the place for posting pictures?  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:04 pm
C/A is such an awesome pairing. I am blinded by it's awesome actually. XD

A sequel to GO would be very awesome too. But it there never was one, I'd be okay with that too. I'd just read GO a million more times and hope for a movie. :3 If they ever do a movie, I hope Robin Williams plays Az and Johnny Depp plays Crowley. That would be awesome x infinity... and probably a little scary for the slash fans. rofl  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 2:19 pm
Apparantly a movie was planned, but it's not being done. Ever.

The suggested casting is just so hilarious. rofl But somehow I can't see Robin Willaims as Aziraphale. O.o

Bright shiny awesomeness, indeed.  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games