Guild Management - Announcing New Captain! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:20 am
The problem we had with our former guild was that there was no communication between owner and members. This guild will be different. This is your guild. You make it what it is.

So make suggestions, and we'll listen. We'll take what you say into account. And hopefully, we'll come to some kind of agreement. wink

Moderators, we can also discuss Guild matters here, instead of through PM. I'd like to not have a packed mailbox. razz

UPDATE: A new Captain has been appointed! See p. 6.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:46 am
How about making a Crew Log Thread & Lounge, where we can discuss Guild stuff, and keep the topic locked, so that guild members can't post in it?  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:49 am
Matiko-san
How about making a Crew Log Thread & Lounge, where we can discuss Guild stuff, and keep the topic locked, so that guild members can't post in it?
Sounds good, but I don't see reason to keep Guild Members from posting in it. We all have voice in here, everyones Suggestions should carry equal voice, wether they be Crew or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:51 am
Takai_desu_yo
Matiko-san
Sounds good, but I don't see reason to keep Guild Members from posting in it. We all have voice in here, everyones Suggestions should carry equal voice, wether they be Crew or not.

That's what I intended this place to be. For us to talk about guild stuff, but regular members can participate and make suggestions. 3nodding Only, not lounge-y. xp  

Lindira
Crew

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 11:51 am
Takai_desu_yo
Matiko-san

That's why we have a suggestion thread ^_^. If we have a Crew Thread separate from the suggestion Thread, we can have meetings in the guild, without guild members periodically posting, and throwing the topic off. See my point?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 1:17 pm
Just to let you know, at 4:16pm Eastern, I accepted Neko-san's and choco's requests to join the guild.  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:15 pm
That's fine. They were members before. And you don't have to clear request approvals with anybody. If there's a request, approve them if they sound genuinely interested in Star Trek. 3nodding

To Update, I added a picture to the opening page. What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:22 pm
Lindira
That's fine. They were members before. And you don't have to clear request approvals with anybody. If there's a request, approve them if they sound genuinely interested in Star Trek. 3nodding

To Update, I added a picture to the opening page. What do you guys think?

r0x0r meh b0x0rs 0_0 - something I picked up form antoher guild. Looks awesome *drools over the 1/4 of it dedictaed to Voyager*

How does the Crew Lounge Thread idea sound, properly clarified? We could turn this thread into a Suggestion Thread for members.  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:36 pm
Matiko-san
r0x0r meh b0x0rs 0_0 - something I picked up form antoher guild. Looks awesome *drools over the 1/4 of it dedictaed to Voyager*

How does the Crew Lounge Thread idea sound, properly clarified? We could turn this thread into a Suggestion Thread for members.

Eh... I don't really see a need for it at the moment. If the need arises, then we'll change things around a little bit, but while the guild is still in its infancy, best to keep things simple. It'll be better for members to interact with us and give their feedback on our ideas. I also don't want to bog down the Forum with Stickies. We have a lot already as it is. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:41 pm
Lindira
Matiko-san

Eh... I don't really see a need for it at the moment. If the need arises, then we'll change things around a little bit, but while the guild is still in its infancy, best to keep things simple. It'll be better for members to interact with us and give their feedback on our ideas. I also don't want to bog down the Forum with Stickies. We have a lot already as it is. sweatdrop

Yes'um. *goes and babysits his threads*  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Lindira
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:38 pm
Matiko-san, I'm gonna delete your post in the Cafe. I hope you don't mind. It's just for continuity's sake. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:50 pm
Lindira
Matiko-san, I'm gonna delete your post in the Cafe. I hope you don't mind. It's just for continuity's sake. sweatdrop

No problem ^_^  

Matiko-san
Crew

3,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200

Steel Sterling
Captain

Brilliant Saint

18,265 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:55 am
Say-
what type of mentality and approach do you want to use
in approaching new membership?

I see 2 possible approaches.

A) Screen them first.
This means we get only the best candidates.
However, it also makes us snobs.

B) Actively recruit.
This means more people join.
However, it also means we get retards.

Of the two, for now, I think B) is better.
People can always drift away, and this way,
we give all possible newbies a fair chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:08 am
Steel Sterling
Say-
what type of mentality and approach do you want to use
in approaching new membership?

I see 2 possible approaches.

A) Screen them first.
This means we get only the best candidates.
However, it also makes us snobs.

B) Actively recruit.
This means more people join.
However, it also means we get retards.

Of the two, for now, I think B) is better.
People can always drift away, and this way,
we give all possible newbies a fair chance.

I think B is better too, especially since we actually need members. It's hard to tell what a person will be like just by the little blurb they give in their requests. Someone who'd be really active and cool might, sadly, sound not so great in their request. If we get to a point where there's just a swarm of members, we could definitely afford to be picky, then.

Besides, if they cause serious problems, that's what the ban button's for. wink  

Lindira
Crew

Seiaeka

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:42 am
do we have a banner that i can pu in my quest thread?... something smaller than on the homepage?  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff