Humans don't want to be treated like dogs Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Racookie

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 3:30 am
So DON'T treat a dog as human.

It makes me so mad to see poeple use them as fashion objects.
I love dogs , have one my self i learned it to sit, give a hand , and he sued to lie down , but he can't do that anymore xd

Anyways, then i watched a dog program on television, and two girls who looked like Paris Hillton bought a dog just to put it in her purse and put it on clothes.It was very aggresice , it attacked poeple and it peed everywhere.

Then i watched a show here in belgium , "the superdog" and dog owners from all over belgium participated.You wouldn't believe how many poeple had a chihauhau , and putted it on clothes.Poor dogs , many clothes poeple put on there dogs are uncomfortable and they can't move quite well.Then there was a guy , and he putted his dog on his back in a baby basket ! Dogs aren't made to lie on their backs in a chair.And he feeded it yoghurt everyday.

then my friend Marie_ke , saw a program where japanese poeple married their dogs, and forced them to jump in a bubblebath. The dogs tried to get out, but the poeple prevented them.

I am so sick and tired of this , those dumb poeple can't understand a dog doesn't want to be treated like that, We should burn down evrey store that sells clothes for dogs! there also was a dog wearing jewels ((i think it had his ear piereced ?))

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:23 am
WHUTT. D<
marrying their dogs!

absurd, bebeh!
i've heard of cats being put in glass bottles. so they'd end up bonsai!

stokedRedRaspberry

Taencat

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:28 pm
Yeah, those doggie fashions are pretty absurd. Some dog clothes make sense, like sweaters for tiny short-haired dogs (like chihuahuas) so they don't get cold, or doggie raincoats so you can still take your dog on walks when its raining and they don't get all wet and cold. I agree with your that dogs should never be used as fashion accessories though. Its just cruel to the dog. That dog you saw on TV was probably so aggressive because the girl never trained him, gave him exercise, or socialized him...when dogs get bored they can get mean. I'd get pissed too if somebody dressed me up and shoved me in a purse all day!

And Raspberry, the Bonsai Kittens in bottles was a website hoax. Some guy just put some photos of kitten who crawled into jars (kittens are very flexible and squishy...you wouldn't believe some of the things they can squeeze into and out of!) and said he made Bonsai kitten by growing them in bottles.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:13 pm
Lunarn
Yeah, those doggie fashions are pretty absurd. Some dog clothes make sense, like sweaters for tiny short-haired dogs (like chihuahuas) so they don't get cold, or doggie raincoats so you can still take your dog on walks when its raining and they don't get all wet and cold. I agree with your that dogs should never be used as fashion accessories though. Its just cruel to the dog. That dog you saw on TV was probably so aggressive because the girl never trained him, gave him exercise, or socialized him...when dogs get bored they can get mean. I'd get pissed too if somebody dressed me up and shoved me in a purse all day!

And Raspberry, the Bonsai Kittens in bottles was a website hoax. Some guy just put some photos of kitten who crawled into jars (kittens are very flexible and squishy...you wouldn't believe some of the things they can squeeze into and out of!) and said he made Bonsai kitten by growing them in bottles.

OH.
they were just a hoax? LOL.
my sis made me believe em ahaha.

stokedRedRaspberry

Ariiara

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:56 pm
I saw a pink poodle the other day...it was very unhappy...some person decided to dye a toy poodle pink. One of my dogs likes hats for dogs.  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:18 am
When All Hell Breaks Loose, I'm Probably the One to Blame...

Well, I almost have to apologize here.
Your first sentence, "so don't treat dogs like humans" kind of set me off, since our dogs have always been considered part of the family.
No, we don't dress them up in stupid little outfits, that IS cruel.

But, it IS more than acceptable to love them and treat them like humans, since dogs are intelligent creatures, and they have feelings too. I know alot of people don't seem to think so, but you can tell by the expressions when an animal is sad, or angry, or happy, just as you can with people.

Koda, our malamute/shepard pound puppy, used to live in out appartment with me and mom, before mom moved into a house with her boyfriend. Well, yes, the appartment is small, but mom would walk her a veeery long distance each day, or take her out on the backroads and let her run beside the car (she loved to run! As her breed suggests... FYI, malamutes are used as sled-dogs)

She also would sleep on one chair that was hers. It was so cute ^^ Now, since mom's living with her boyfriend and not here, Koda isn't allowed in the house, but she lives in a heated carport (very spacious carport) with her own bed, an old blanket made of sheeps wool, all the food and water she can drink, and a nice sized fenced yard to play in, plus mom still takes her for runs, and now that the snow's finally gone, walks.

Ehh, I don't think you really needed to know alllll that. rolleyes

Captain: Roxy8008
Vice-Captain: FlamingAngel666
Crew: Hula Hoop Baby, inu828, MelanHoliC, EmilySakuraba, Black` Winged` A n g e l`
Guild Donation Mule: Roxy808

Angel Bella Lovely

Beloved Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Hana Maehata

OG Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:48 pm
There's a difference from treating a dog like a human and treating it like a fashion accessory. My dog gets treated like the baby in the family, and even gets his own share of dinner. But would we ever dress him up in clothes? Heck no! Dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes, ever. (Weeeeell...It's not in human nature to wear clothes either but we'll set that aside for another time.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:35 am
stokedRedRaspberry
WHUTT. D<
marrying their dogs!

absurd, bebeh!
i've heard of cats being put in glass bottles. so they'd end up bonsai!
OMG i saw the website where theyn sell them, and i signed the petition to stop it.it's so cruel, they get fed with a straw  

Racookie

Racookie

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:39 am
FlamingAngel666
When All Hell Breaks Loose, I'm Probably the One to Blame...

Well, I almost have to apologize here.
Your first sentence, "so don't treat dogs like humans" kind of set me off, since our dogs have always been considered part of the family.
No, we don't dress them up in stupid little outfits, that IS cruel.

But, it IS more than acceptable to love them and treat them like humans, since dogs are intelligent creatures, and they have feelings too. I know alot of people don't seem to think so, but you can tell by the expressions when an animal is sad, or angry, or happy, just as you can with people.

Koda, our malamute/shepard pound puppy, used to live in out appartment with me and mom, before mom moved into a house with her boyfriend. Well, yes, the appartment is small, but mom would walk her a veeery long distance each day, or take her out on the backroads and let her run beside the car (she loved to run! As her breed suggests... FYI, malamutes are used as sled-dogs)

She also would sleep on one chair that was hers. It was so cute ^^ Now, since mom's living with her boyfriend and not here, Koda isn't allowed in the house, but she lives in a heated carport (very spacious carport) with her own bed, an old blanket made of sheeps wool, all the food and water she can drink, and a nice sized fenced yard to play in, plus mom still takes her for runs, and now that the snow's finally gone, walks.

Ehh, I don't think you really needed to know alllll that. rolleyes

Captain: Roxy8008
Vice-Captain: FlamingAngel666
Crew: Hula Hoop Baby, inu828, MelanHoliC, EmilySakuraba, Black` Winged` A n g e l`
Guild Donation Mule: Roxy808
Hey, hey,it's not if you thread a creature like a intelligent being, it means you treat them like humans! and you know what i meant with "don't treat them as humans"  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:42 am
Hana Maehata
There's a difference from treating a dog like a human and treating it like a fashion accessory. My dog gets treated like the baby in the family, and even gets his own share of dinner. But would we ever dress him up in clothes? Heck no! Dogs aren't supposed to wear clothes, ever. (Weeeeell...It's not in human nature to wear clothes either but we'll set that aside for another time.)
Well, actually it is in the nature of humans too wear clothes,since they don't have fur like dogs, they made one to put one.Evolution new humans we're smart enough too figure out that animal fur is warm , at least that's what i think.  

Racookie

Hana Maehata

OG Gaian

8,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:15 am
Racookie
Hana Maehata
Well, actually it is in the nature of humans too wear clothes,since they don't have fur like dogs, they made one to put one.Evolution new humans we're smart enough too figure out that animal fur is warm , at least that's what i think.
I mean, like, far back enough. True. Cause we ain't gots no fur.

But in summer it could be perfectly acceptable to run about in the newd. (xDD I kid, I kid.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:36 pm
Hana Maehata
Racookie
Hana Maehata
I mean, like, far back enough. True. Cause we ain't gots no fur.

But in summer it could be perfectly acceptable to run about in the newd. (xDD I kid, I kid.)
Hmm sounds interesting ...Wanna go to my place this summer and go nude Rollerskating xd

PS:you mean by far , when we still hard fur , when we we're monkeys?oh no, you probably meant after that.Well i think we didn't ran around nude in the winter, i once read a book about a girl who lives in the prehistoric age.In all seasons axcept for winter, they ran around naked, and protected themselves from wind, by covering themselves with mud dirt, and clay.

Racookie

AznLychee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:39 am
My mom thinks its cute to dress up our dog.. but i hate it. Our dog is a boy, and i think my mom thinks its a girl... O.o  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:44 am
dogs arent fashion accessories. My dog has a fishing outfit and a ac/dc hoddie but that was only to take pictures of him in so I dont think that is so bad cause everytime i get his vest out he runs up to me.

yeah you shouldnt have a dog just to think you like a "celebraty" cause they dont take care of there dogs they dog has to run and play not to be forced get treated like babys when they are grown  

ieatpeoplewithsporks

Ophrysia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:49 pm
I hate it, too. They're living creatures, not fashion accessories. D:<

It's not a problem if the clothing serves a purpose. Like sweaters for little dogs to keep them warm, bulletproof vests for police dogs, etc. Even a simple dog shirt or a Halloween costume of some kind is fine, as long as they aren't too outrageous and the dog doesn't have a problem with it. Some dogs don't mind it at all, and some dogs even like it.

But if they don't want to wear it, then don't make them. End of story.

It's when they get into the crazy outfits, dyed fur, and shoes (seriously, what the hell?)... that it really starts to irritate me.  
13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff