Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asian eyes...and contacts. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cho-rohk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 pm
my glasses that are slowly deteriorating my vision...

i don't even know what my vision is, but when i take them off, its HORRIBLE.

they strain my eyes really really badly, so i wanna get some contacts, but i heard its no good for asian eyes.

so tell me, is it really that hard to have them with almond eyes????  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:37 pm
Uh, I think its okay.

I mean, I've never heard of problems with having almond eyes and wearing contacts.

A lot of my friends have contacts and they're fine...

Rabid Bagel Cow Thing

Dapper Hoarder

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

MidnightHaven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:14 pm
I'm almost positive that there is absolutely no problem. I'm Viet and I have contacts, and they wofk perfectly for me. They fit and everything! I don't think you'll have a problem. And they are much better than glasses. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:32 pm
It is ok, I have them and it does not matter. It is only the shape of the eyelid that is almond, not the eyeball itself ^^  

KeikoKazuyama

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

I wear contacts for over 3 years, now and my eyesight is doing just fine. There isn't any abnormalies.

If you don't seem to be convinced, you can ask an optometrist, he'll asnwer your questions corretly. 3nodding

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:03 am
Everyone on this thread is right: why can't Asians wear contacts? I wear them, and I'm better than ever. Your ethnicity alone doesn't determine whether or not contacts would suit your eyes. I'm sure you can get them without any problems. biggrin  

Ceyon

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:15 pm
I want to get contacts but my mom say I'm to young to get them...
Though thats not what the people say.
I think I'll have to get them one day if my vision get really bad.
But don't think what people would say I mean theres no problem with us where contacts we'll just look like what we did 1o minutes ago. xD
As long as you comfortable in the contacts then relax and just shun out the mean things that people say. =D
Have fun with your contacts then.!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:17 pm
I have night correction contacts...i wear em at night and then i wake up and have 20/20 vision....but if i dont put em in i have 100 degrees on my left /150 degrees on my right (nearsighted).....  

xXShinzoXx

t i n y. riceball_

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:20 pm
o_____O;
Don't they like roll up to your brain. o.O;
And gt stuck there.!? =O

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:31 pm
Quote:
o_____O;
Don't they like roll up to your brain. o.O;
And gt stuck there.!? =O

No, they don't normally do that. It is possible to take naps and even sleep with contacts in, but depending on which kind of contact lenses we're talking about, it's not recommended. I have two friends who would fall asleep with their contacts in on a regular basis (these contacts were not for nighttime wear), and after a while of that, there was actually a contact-lens-shaped imprint on the surface of their eyeballs, and whenever they'd try to put contact lenses in, they'd fall out. I am telling the 100% truth. They recovered eventually after switching back to glasses for maybe... a year.

However, it is possible for the contact lens to get moved around on the eyeball surface. It's happened to me several times after cheating by rubbing the corners of my eyes (you're not supposed to rub your eyes when you're wearing contacts): my vision went blurry in one eye, and that eye started watering a lot. It was very uncomfortable, but if you roll your eyes around and around in circles despite the irritation, your corneas will eventually catch hold of the contact lens again. Either the contact lens will fall back into place, or it'll fall out because it folded in half on your eyeball surface or something. When that happens, always keep a hand cupped under your eye to catch it.
blaugh  

Ceyon

incognitotea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:38 pm
i dont wear conacts or glasses, but my sister knows(she wears both her contacts and glasses. not at the same time of course!), she explains it to me and what not. so i kinda know a bit about them even though i dont wear any. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:36 am
when my contacts slide around ingoes halfway under my bottom eyelid. hurts like hell, but you can usually mve your cornea there and itll go back on...
and no it wont get stuck to your brain as long as your eyes are closed...  

xXShinzoXx

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:18 am
well I'm chinese but I think its just something wrong with my eyes. I never wear contacts for concerts or anything big that requires concentration. Because then I squint and sometimes my contacts roll around and my eyes get blurry. Also my eyes get dry REALLY easily so my contacts always get blury.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:10 pm
Wow, I have never had any problems with my contacts. I think it is okay; most of my Asian friends have contacts.

- lanRENse -

BlackFireEX

Timid Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:36 am
I might get lenses when my eyes get worser.. Right now I use glasses for reading and computer use..etc
Only reason why I want contact lenses is the colour change ^^"

But not that long ago, wearing think-rimmed/framed glasses was the new style.. and still is..
Wearing those glasses is classified as "cool"..  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff