Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Extended Discussion
..Please? An opinion? But if you're racist, please keep out. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:13 am
...I wanna ask your opinion....I don't care what you say about what I'm about to say but I just want your opinion...The truth....The war in Palestine has been going on for 90 years Israelis against Palestinians....Yet for what? I feel like the war is for nothing.....In America, there are so many buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Deists, Jews, Atheists, Wiccans, and other religons...But the cope together as though they were all one religon....They don't care what you are..They just wanna hang out with whoever, despite the religon they are....But Israel and Palestine, they don't think the same way....They think there should always be a war....They should fight for what they live for....But if they keep fighting, they're only going to kill....If they continue to kill, then there would be no more Palestinians or Israelis.....I think everyone should have independence...They shouldn;t fight for no reason....Like the Israelis and Palestinians.....This inspired me because lately on the news, there are always reports about that war.... "Israelis kill # Palestinians" .... "Palestine fights for justice once again, making protests against Israel" ....I know I'm on the Palestinian side....But the more they fight, the more they're only going to kill each other.... I just want your opinion....Whatever it may be....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:25 pm
Thats rich, you live in one of the most war mongering countries on earth... saying that, so do I (100 year war anyone?).

And the conflict is of religious nature, religion is part of life and idea's conflict, why is it not a big issue in America? Because if it was, Christianity would stamp out all other religions, but in most countries its an issue, it just so happens in Palestine, the Israelis are being persecuted by the Palestinians, and therefore want equal treatment. (also has something to do with the Gaza strip being holy land for both parties). To be honest, to fight is human nature, after all you won't always agree with someone, both of you won't back down, you argue, and what is war, but an argument on an international scale, a way to force ones ideals and beliefs on another?

(also this an extended discussion on politics and the reasoning behind war... so moved)  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:35 pm
remember america and palestine are on 2 different continents and 2 different countries
US was founded for freedom of religion, and we don't really care....except some people do since there was an extermination order against mormons a hundred years ago
you can't compare 1 country with another like that  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:31 am
Chaos A.D.
remember america and palestine are on 2 different continents and 2 different countries
US was founded for freedom of religion, and we don't really care....except some people do since there was an extermination order against mormons a hundred years ago

Thats pretty funny given America is the first to get up in arms if you make a holocaust joke, I knew there had to some reason for it... pure and utter. guilt. haha  

Rellik San
Captain

The Dadalorian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 pm
Rellik San
Chaos A.D.

Thats pretty funny given America is the first to get up in arms if you make a holocaust joke, I knew there had to some reason for it... pure and utter. guilt. haha
yeah, after far west and hans mill, slaughtering women and children, of EVERY age.  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 5:53 pm
hmm....
personally i think it's just because they're a totally different country. i mean... think about it, if they had a law like we did about freedom of religion, they would definately not have this problem. we don't have this problem in america because we've learned to find ways to leave in peace with eachother. i wish we could share this with the rest of the world... but sadly we can't.

religion has always been a huge argument. you hear stuff on the news all the time how they want to take away "under God" from the pledge of allegiance. people ask that kinda stuff all the time about what the true religion is or if there really is one. this kinda stuff has gone back from ages ago. they use to have battles centuries ago because a group of people had a different religion.  

little drummer girl2011

Xyloid

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:13 pm
It's not America's job to run to the world's aid when they start fighting with each other.

If that is what you are getting at. I didn't really read it, your grammar is horrible.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:42 pm
america actually does have this problem except its more to do with looks and instead of war we got fights with kids and verbal abuse(hey i guess i just defined war :O)  

Pyre Dancer

retro_angel15

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:23 pm
i think you are exactly right, it is for nothing. war is nothing to be brought up. we should all just get along. hell what is america mad at iraq for? no one knows, cuz its all just a joke. there is no reason but for reputation.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:46 am
retro_angel15
i think you are exactly right, it is for nothing. war is nothing to be brought up. we should all just get along. hell what is america mad at iraq for? no one knows, cuz its all just a joke. there is no reason but for reputation.
Actually America is mad at Iraq for 9/11 links, the way was over months ago and now its peace keeping operation. Also the most likely reason for war with Irag is Bush wanting to finish what his Daddy started.  

Rellik San
Captain

lisaemochick

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:28 am
I hear about the war all the time, so much fighting, I think its nature, people fighting for what the believe in, but I mean come on wars are not good for any one, in the end no matter who wins or loses, people are going to die, if only people could see all the innocent lives being lost due to wars, they would probably be less than what there is now. People are always going to fight, but I think it's time for a change, maby try a peacful protest instead of killing to get what they want, I know this probably wont happen very soon, but seeing all this war really bothers me, why can't we just all respect each others beliefs and rights, no matter what contry you are in you chould be able to live in a safe environment and not worry about bombs going off when your children are going to school, the U.S. has never have to worry about that, but with all these wars i am wondering when its going to come here. If only people would make love and not war...
~Lisa~
An eye for an eye only makes the whole world blind.
-Mahatma Gandhi  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:14 pm
Xyloid
It's not America's job to run to the world's aid when they start fighting with each other.

If that is what you are getting at. I didn't really read it, your grammar is horrible.

I tried to read it. I really did. I don't have so much a problem with grammar as I do attempting to read several run-on paragraphs with so many "..." in between each phrase, sentence, paragraph, or in the middle of sentences.  

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

Bless The Unforsaken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:34 pm
I believe this is the story. There was a man named Abraham who was at an old age. He prayed to God for a child. God told him that he will have a son and he will own the land after Abraham dies. After a waiting a long time, Abraham and his wife lost hope. So then Abraham had sex with one of his Palestinian maids. The maid had a boy who they named Ishmael. Abraham taught Ishmael things he needed to learn for when he got older like hunting and praying. Since Ishmael was Palestinian, he had doubts about God and Abraham disliked that. The next day, Abraham's real wife was pregnant (no she didn't cheat). They named him Israel (ring a bell?). Ishmael became jealous because he was left alone for Israel and tried whatever he could to kill him. Theres more to the story but that will only add extra detail

The Israelites are offsprings of Israel and the Palestineans are offsprings of Ishmael. And since God said that the son of Abraham will own the land, and both Israel and Ishmael are considered his sons, They have been in a quarrel for thousands of years for who gets the land.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:48 am
ed-the-rockin-Emo-madman
I believe this is the story. There was a man named Abraham who was at an old age. He prayed to God for a child. God told him that he will have a son and he will own the land after Abraham dies. After a waiting a long time, Abraham and his wife lost hope. So then Abraham had sex with one of his Palestinian maids. The maid had a boy who they named Ishmael. Abraham taught Ishmael things he needed to learn for when he got older like hunting and praying. Since Ishmael was Palestinian, he had doubts about God and Abraham disliked that. The next day, Abraham's real wife was pregnant (no she didn't cheat). They named him Israel (ring a bell?). Ishmael became jealous because he was left alone for Israel and tried whatever he could to kill him. Theres more to the story but that will only add extra detail

The Israelites are offsprings of Israel and the Palestineans are offsprings of Ishmael. And since God said that the son of Abraham will own the land, and both Israel and Ishmael are considered his sons, They have been in a quarrel for thousands of years for who gets the land.
Kind of. "Israel" was Isacc's son, not Abraham's. Isacc was Abraham's son. Also, Keep in mind that sleeping with a barren wife's maid was a legitimate practice in those times, so Ismael was a ligit heir, but the promised son, who would imherit, was suposed to be Sarah's son, the promised. The Koran disputes this, saying that the son promised was in fact Ishmael, not Isacc, but I believe the Torah over the Koran any day, the Koran wasn't even intended to be a book.  

Silver Wingling

Silver Wingling

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:23 pm
Rellik San
That's because IBM sold punchcard data to the Natzis, as well as other technology, and the government doesn't want us to know. Not many people know this, but many American governmental figures before WWII wanted to apply eugenics in the US, but felt that America was "not ready". be informed.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff