Reply The Music Artists Guild
Musical History that inspired you Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dojigomiru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:23 pm
ok, the title says it all but i would love to know because there a millions of awsome players back in history that have some how contributed to music. Mine would have to be Louis Armstrong because of his wicked trumpet skills. i listen to his stuff and i want to wipe out my horn and blast tune. Another has got to be the blues brothers band. They made me want to start a big band and travel the country(that is really hard when your still in high school and have no lisence) so how bout you folks.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:03 pm
I love the Blues Brothers Band, my 4 year old knows alot of their songs and loves "Rubber Biscuit" which is one of their very obsure songs. I myself have always been inspired by the classical artists; Beethoven, Mozart, Hayden, Handel, Vivaldi, Wagner ect. For the times what was written was incredibly complex and is still to this day some of the hardest music to re-create and it just inspires me to try harder. If I have to look at more modern inspirations I would say bands like the Mama's and the Papa's and the Beatles are also very inspiring to me.  

Kalerina

Voxtom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:50 pm
Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze"...one of the gretest guitarists  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:16 am
beethoven is my hero. he was so non-commital looking but the things he composed ( i mean like look at moonlight sonata. it makes me cry) or his symphonies. he gives you that feeling of what he felt while writing this song.in 5th symphony . stresses you out with those sharps ups and downs and puts you in the french revolution and at 9th you feel all peaceful. he was a great composer...  

wizygal

Dojigomiru

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 am
alot of people bash that old stuff but really, it gets you in the mood to play. I'm not a great jazz player but when i hear a awsome blues or swing...i instantly wanna play along! i was even trying to get my teach to let us play "everybody needs somebody" or jailhouse rock  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:12 pm
My main inspiration is Jimmy Page. Beethoven was definitly amazing for his time.  

eguitar1990

kyogoku-san

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:01 pm
SoulRoots
Jimi Hendrix "Purple Haze"...one of the gretest guitarists

I totally agree exclaim  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:53 am
Hendrix... heart  

beddyteddy2

Tungska Butterfly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 am
Many people have influenced me over the years.

When I was growing up I played in various bands but was never the main guitarist. So I always ended up playing some interesting accompaniment to what the main (usually rhythm) guitarist was playing. So a lot of my guitar playing has been influenced by post rock bands, little floaty echoey bits and pieces.

Also, I was listening to a lot of new wave and goth when I was starting off, so I rarely play with proper scales or chords. Which is slightly annoying now, as if I'm at a party or something I can never just pick up a guitar and play something that everyone will know and love. Alas.

My keyboard playing came around in much the same way, I was always there to add an interesting bit of depth, so it's mostly bit synth sweeps or little simple melody lines under the singers voice. Bands like Kraftwerk, Joy Division, Radiohead and Bruce Springsteen are mostly what I based my style on. Also, traditional pop string pieces were a big influence on me, if you listen to he way the Beatles used strings in their music, it always adds something, but never overpowers whats going on. Thats what I try to do.

And my electronic stuff is actually based far more on being exposed to hip-hop by my friend. I use a lot of samples and simple melodies to build up a track. And you can really hear the influence in my drum beats, it's a very simple pattern to programme, but it's always so, so effective. A lot of the techniques for glitching the beat, and recycling the loop to "evolve" it come from hip-hop aswell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:37 pm
Haliya
Hendrix... heart

I don't know of anyone who hates Hendrix  

kyogoku-san

Drum_Master_D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 pm
Buddy Rich, Ginger Baker, Charlie Parker, John Bonham, Steve Gadd, Stevie Ray Vaughn and many more legends!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:05 pm
Hm. Actually, I fell in love with music when I first heard Evanescence. Especially Amy Lee. That girl can SING! I just adored her from the begining. She's just like me. Gothic, but with a happy touch. Sure, I sing like crap, but I can definatly strum most of her songs on my acoustic.  

Sugarmuffincrumblecakes

Dapper Consumer

Name-Last

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:10 pm
Um mine is blink-182 haha. They understood what every public school teenage kid was going through lol. blink-182 was just hilarious at shows and I started playing the guitar cause of them. I'm not into that old school stuff so hate me  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:48 pm
I personally have an odd selection of inspirations, including Jerry Garcia, Eddie Van Halen, Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page, Angus Young to an extent, classic blues greats like Muddy Waters and B.B. King, and just a little bit of Buckethead when I feel like shredding biggrin .  

YoungestRockGod

moosiklady

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:34 am
Beethoven is amazing - he was totally deaf when he wrote his 9th symphony! He was so musical that he would hear all that parts of that HUGE work in his head and write them down, without his ears being able to hear a single note of it!  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff