Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Wiccans Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reset-Addict

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:28 pm
I was wondering how many people are wiccans that are on gaia. I mean in real life, accual wiccans! I am a wiccan myself and I wanted to know a few things from others like myself. Dose any of you ever do spells? If so what kind? If its personal, I am really sorry... you dont have to answer I was just curious... See I want to do spells but I am stuck on prayers. I find it hard to make up anything. I cant find any spells let alone make them work. I tried doing a protection spell for my friends and family, but I dont really know how well that worked out. Yeah, so if anyone could possibly help me... That would be excelent. I am kinda hoping someone will respond to this and give me a little background on there experiance with being a wiccan and help me with being a wiccan aswell... I would also like someone to mabye help me understand the history of wiccans and the present of wiccans. Mabye also help me in understanding how to put together spells and prayers of my own... Again I thank you for taking your time to read this and I hope you can give me advice! Thanks!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:30 pm
Just when ever you have time to reply to this that would be greatful. Thanks alot! I guess I will get this message when I get back on thank you again!  

Reset-Addict

Hunter of the Dammed

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:08 pm
well i am in regards to spells they usually involve a pentacle with me, i cant do the altar thing because i must practice in secret  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:16 pm
The Dancing Ninja
well i am in regards to spells they usually involve a pentacle with me, i cant do the altar thing because i must practice in secret
Why's that?  

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

ketchakik

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:26 pm
i used to be wiccan before i was called to serve aphrodite....  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:34 am
The Goth Apple
The Dancing Ninja
Why's that?
mum a christian  

Hunter of the Dammed

Scott Ritter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:33 am
The Dancing Ninja
...i must practice in secret

Same here

i suppose i would not call myself a REAL Wiccan but i follow the ideas laid forth by Konstantinos in the book Nocturnicon
it has some very interesting takes on traditional views
gotta say though that i get the best results with his methods  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 pm
Scott Ritter
The Dancing Ninja
...i must practice in secret

Same here

i suppose i would not call myself a REAL Wiccan but i follow the ideas laid forth by Konstantinos in the book Nocturnicon
it has some very interesting takes on traditional views
gotta say though that i get the best results with his methods

yeah practicing in secret is a pain but better than being busted though  

Hunter of the Dammed

Shadow Nightshade

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:47 pm
i think most people have to practice in secret, especially if your a kid...usually because some part of thier family is another religion...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:43 pm
Ive been pagan for six years. In my opinion the difference between pagans and wiccans is pagan is a broader term for any polytheist.That and I practice all magik (including vengeance and dark). I was raised baptist being from the south and all. Ive always had to hide my ways. Being both Bisexual and Pagan was a double whammy for me, and i was disowned my family,and reduced to watching my special things torn,burnt,and thrown away. After a while I stopped caring and I stopped hiding things. Im not implying it was for the best considering i was kicked out seven times before i got put on disability and moved to utah (yes utah lol).
If anyone has questions for me feel free to ask. PM me or something.

later,
Lillitt  

Nashoba Kaga

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:37 pm
I'm a wiccan. I've used spells to see my own aura ( It was not a pretty sight burning_eyes ) other than that I read tarot cards and can sense when something is about to happen  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:30 pm
I prefer runes to tarot. Probably because Im more asatru based than anything. I'm studying to become a Seidhkona.  

Nashoba Kaga

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:47 pm
Regarding why other people practice in secret...
Whoa. I guess on one level that's kinda of a "duh"... but on another level I feel like "Well, do it in public once and then she'll see you aren't summoning demons or anything."
This side is promptly struck down by the side that knows that there are people out there who would consider just being around a pentagram on the same level as killing childern.
There actually are people who teach the police to recognise pentagrams and wiccan paraphenilia as dangerous cult items, accosiated with killing babies and other such nonsense. I haven't encounted any of that myself, but I've spoken with someone who got a gun pulled on them by a terrifed policeman who called for backup because he saw a pentacle on a box in the back seat of their car.
Really, the worst flack I got I probably would have gotten anyway. I'm just kinda different. So, in school, there was a certain amount of people shouting "witch!" at me, and a great deal of people wanting their palms read or love spells. (two spells that people requested that really stuck in my head... a girl spent a week convinced that I could put a love spell on a rock star and make him love her. Another time a boy convinced a girl I'd put a spell on her to make her grow a p***s. Come to think of it, that was the same girl. Maybe she was just stupid.)
I don't do spells much since middle school, because the way I see it, the world requires the same amount of energy to get something done, no matter how you go about it. If you do so physically, it's just as easy, and simplier to keep track of. I still do tarot readings occasionally, but I'm not very good...

I guess I'm spoiled because I was raised pagan. People always go on about how horrible it is to be different in small towns, but I think the small town, coupled with how very different my family is, really helped everyone invovled. I understand that pagans and witches who moved to my area always seem so suprised about how accepting the community is, and I can't help but feel that maybe we softened them a little, and after stopping for drinks on our way to medevilist shows, having fight practice and rites in our front yard, there is very little left to shock people.
That's right, I'm a pagan goth medevilist. There is nothing you can do to suprise me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:54 pm
I was Wiccan a couple of years ago, but I'm not anymore.  

Balroggie

2,950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

shoe_trophy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:27 pm
I was Wiccan, but I'm not religious anymore. Maybe one day I'll get the passion back, maybe not.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff