Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pull Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SonarP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:50 pm
Just recently, while I was in school and sitting in class, I felt something pulling my head and a foot back. It wasn't physical, though, like an arm movement..but it was like...something was pulling at my soul in the opposite direction I was sitting in. Could it have been a hallucination or something? Has anyone felt this, too?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:11 pm
I feel something similar on occasion but I wouldn't describe it as something pulling. To me it feels like I want to go in a direction, without my body. Also, almost anything could be a 'hallucination' but where are you when you write such things off as such. I learnt how to numb my body(slowing my blood flow slightly) by trying to hold a feeling and then trying to get the feeling at random times. Though I learnt what I was really doing when I noticed my heart beat was slower and my skin lost some of it's color, I wouldn't suggest trying to feel numb but maybe you could try a similar pattern the next time you feel this.  

Aki Norikaeru

Boadicia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:33 am
I get that feeling sometimes, but it almost always happens while I'm in bed. It feels like I'm about to have an out-of-body experience, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't know what I would do if it did.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:15 pm
Sometimes I'll get a feeling like that when I'm lying in bed at night and dozing off. I'll feel like I'm rising up and my body will start to tingle and I feel like I'm shaking. For me it's the start of atral projection, i'm pretty sure, but you'd have to be extremely bored to start astrally projecting in the middle of class without conciously doing it, where you dozing off/ uber zoned out?  

Poisen_Lotus

Kal Eldritch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:11 pm
Boadicia
I get that feeling sometimes, but it almost always happens while I'm in bed. It feels like I'm about to have an out-of-body experience, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't know what I would do if it did.
As my father says, "How would you know unless you've had one?" blaugh

On a less idiotic note, most descriptions of OBE (or at least, astral projection) that I've heard is the sensation of being pulled out of the top of your head.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:37 pm
Some people do not experience astral projection moving through the third eye, which sounds like what you are describing.  

Aki Norikaeru

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:47 am
SonarP
Just recently, while I was in school and sitting in class, I felt something pulling my head and a foot back. It wasn't physical, though, like an arm movement..but it was like...something was pulling at my soul in the opposite direction I was sitting in. Could it have been a hallucination or something? Has anyone felt this, too?

Ask who it was that was doing it. It sounds like someone was trying to ger your attention.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:28 pm
Sovereign of Darkness
On a less idiotic note, most descriptions of OBE (or at least, astral projection) that I've heard is the sensation of being pulled out of the top of your head.
Gah? I've never heard of that before. I suppose it's possible, but I see no reason why you would leave through the crown chakra. That doesn't really... make sense. confused

Though I could just be babbling.

OP: There could be many things that could have caused such a thing, not least because you may have been falling asleep in class... But it could have been anything. You have to decide for yourself because no matter what none of us are going to have enough information to decide what it was for you.  

Pelta

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:22 pm
Some people feel like they get pulled out through their third eye, though that is not the top of the head it makes the most sense to me for that statement.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 am
I have never had anything like that, but there are many times when I will just be sitting there, and I will all of a sudden like get get tingly or numb, or sometimes I just get really dizzy and feel as though I am going to pass out for no reason. Does anyone know what that might be?  

wikkedpixie

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:07 am
wikkedpixie
I have never had anything like that, but there are many times when I will just be sitting there, and I will all of a sudden like get get tingly or numb, or sometimes I just get really dizzy and feel as though I am going to pass out for no reason. Does anyone know what that might be?

Not eating properly, and by this I mean not eating enough or not having a balanced diet.
An iron deficiency.
Not sleeping enough.
Not getting enough excersize.
Being ill.

Seriously, if you want me to continue with the list of mundane reasons for a mundane problem, I can go on. The list gets pretty ugly.

There are enough scary mundane reasons for things. Please, stop looking for magical ones.

Is it just me or is this a trend in paganism? Rather than saying "oh, this keeps happening to my body and my body is a manifest thing so it could be a manifest reason, I'd better go to a doctor" they say "what magical things could be causing this".

I'm all for embracing the newly found belief in magic but when you look to it for the solutions to all your problems, you're missing the main one.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:41 pm
Cuchullain

I'm all for embracing the newly found belief in magic but when you look to it for the solutions to all your problems, you're missing the main one.

Seriously. The first thing I check on when I experience something strange (that I'm not expecting) is "Did I eat well today? Did I get enough water? How about sleep?" After that, I'll consider other mundane problems. After that -- the not-mundane.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:25 pm
I am one of those people. sweatdrop An example is my first post on the page. Though I do see the doctor for so many little things I would rather not ask about everything. You don't want the guy in charge of your health mad at you, or at least I don't.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:03 pm
Cuchullain
I'd be much more likely to embrace mundane problems. With the amount of ill-health I have, I bloody well hope there isn't a magical reason for all the crap wrong with me. confused  

Pelta

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:04 am
Cuchullain
wikkedpixie

Not eating properly, and by this I mean not eating enough or not having a balanced diet.
An iron deficiency.
Not sleeping enough.
Not getting enough excersize.
Being ill.

Seriously, if you want me to continue with the list of mundane reasons for a mundane problem, I can go on. The list gets pretty ugly.

There are enough scary mundane reasons for things. Please, stop looking for magical ones.

Is it just me or is this a trend in paganism? Rather than saying "oh, this keeps happening to my body and my body is a manifest thing so it could be a manifest reason, I'd better go to a doctor" they say "what magical things could be causing this".

I see this problem a lot in my own religion. People will trust to spirit to get them better, although the religion sometimes teaches that spirit works through doctors to get them better.

Heck, with my health problems, I almost never think that it might be spirit trying to get my attention. There are better ways for that than to make my collapsed eardrums, which are in constant pain, to hurt more.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff