Reply Extended Discussion
Iconic Status

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik Chan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:12 am
Does anyone else, ever feel, their image, is so iconic among friends and family, that to change it, would be to change yourself, for example, I have a very strong image, people, friends, family all remember me and could never imagine a change to my image, its quite funny when I say to people 'I'm gonna go get me a hair cut' and watching the mass hysteria ensue. Its even to the point, where is I did change my image, then I doubt people would recognise me, or would completely stop talking to me, as they feel my image is ingrained as a part of me.

Does anyone else find this? Is it a problem? Is it a blessing? Would you change your image? and what do you think the reaction would be if you did?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:06 pm
What one may find
in dominance love
the world shall change
and so so shall I.
Shock value.
Determinism.
Self proof,
and proof of self,
that the life we lead is separate entire from what we seen believe.

ArynChris

Katanas Blade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:52 pm
I change my image alot. And evey time I change, its something radically different. I think its fun to do so, And when I've stayed with one look for a while people think its weird. so, in a way, I would not be me if i didnt change.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:29 pm
Hm.....my image is one of eccentricity and so those I know are only confounded when I dress in a simple shirt and pants. I tried doing that for a single week and everyone basically fell apart around me. eek I daresay I couldn't redefine myself in such a way even were I so inclined to.  

ceilisidhe

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 pm
Here's my theory. They way you dress/act is an outward extension of yourself, who you are. If you change it then it's seen as changing yourself. If Darian dresses all conservative for a few years then oneday starts dressing in a punk rocker fashion, people will assume that Darian's personality/tastes have changed, because he never used to dress like that. They will assume that some mental change must have occured for him to start dressing like that, because he never would have done so otherwise. People you don't know will see you in a different light (possibly stereotype you, make snap judgments...) and so will the people you do know. They will still know that Darian is still Darian but they will have to get over the "new look" to completely recognize that.  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:45 am
Were I to change my style, I highly doubt my friends or family would care. My friends may have a little trouble recognizing me for the first few weeks of it, but they would just accept the change as me "just being Katie."

However, the people at my school wouled probably be a bit weirded out. In all honesty, I think I would probably be mistaken for a new student. xd

I am well-known around my school, as I think most people know what I look like (since my style is so distinct as compared to most of the other students). For my style I am loved, hated, and feared by many.

One day I do plan on getting some jeans and a pastel colored t-shirt, and wearing it to school. I want to see how many people will actually recognize me.  

DreamerSpirit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 pm
DreamerSpirit
Were I to change my style, I highly doubt my friends or family would care. My friends may have a little trouble recognizing me for the first few weeks of it, but they would just accept the change as me "just being Katie."

However, the people at my school wouled probably be a bit weirded out. In all honesty, I think I would probably be mistaken for a new student. xd

I am well-known around my school, as I think most people know what I look like (since my style is so distinct as compared to most of the other students). For my style I am loved, hated, and feared by many.

One day I do plan on getting some jeans and a pastel colored t-shirt, and wearing it to school. I want to see how many people will actually recognize me

If you do that you'll probably get a bunch of jerks yelling "poser!" at you and other rude comments. Your friends would eventually recognize you, but then they would ask is you were "feeling okay" when you woke up in the morning. xd

Or if you were hit over the head with a large, blunt object.  
Extended Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games