Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Film]A Home at the End of the World

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

counter
  +1
View Results

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:40 pm
Quote:
A tale that chronicles the lives of Bobby and Jonathan, two childhood friends who meet as students in a suburban Ohio school. From the moment they meet, Bobby and Jonathan are inseparable. For Jonathan, the unconventional Bobby is a connection to a larger world; while for Bobby, Jonathan’s family and in particular Jonathan’s mother Alice--represents a kind of stability that he hasn’t known. As they grow up, the boys grow apart only to reunite in New York where, together with the freespirited Clare, they invent a new kind of family.

LOGO has a better description but it's way more spoilery, which is why I didn't use it to begin with. Anyway....

I really liked the movie. It was really sad but very interesting. I loved the dynamic between the characters and it was great to see a movie about a new kind of family. I fell in love with Colin Farrell in this movie. He had this perpetual kicked puppy look that was just so sweet. That and seeing the boys dancing and kissing all the time made me squeal. *_*

Has anyone else seen this movie?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:15 pm
Ooh, I did! surprised I was a little disappointed by it, had higher expectations I guess, but I'm still glad to have seen it.

..why does the site say Bobby's heterosexual, though? o_O My impression of the movie was that he liked EVERYBODY, and that's why Jonathan got so annoyed -- because Bobby wasn't completely gay like he was.  

Skizzors
Crew

sjggfjshgjfsjsj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 am
It was on yesterday! I liked this movie, it was very interesting, but I think I like movies like Latter Days (have you seen it?) better.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:44 pm
I haven't seen Latter Days. And I actually really liked Home. The ending really didn't do it for me though. It gave you the impression of just being cut off, instead of an ending. >.> But Farrell was so cute in this movie. *_*  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:26 pm
LadyNox
I haven't seen Latter Days. And I actually really liked Home. The ending really didn't do it for me though. It gave you the impression of just being cut off, instead of an ending. >.> But Farrell was so cute in this movie. *_*
Oh, I hated the ending. gonk I was like.. wtf.. no. Resolution, nao.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:06 pm
Skizzors
LadyNox
Oh, I hated the ending. gonk I was like.. wtf.. no. Resolution, nao.

Yup! It's like the director went "oh man, this movie's too long! stop right there! yeah! let's pretend it's an... an... OPEN ENDING! YEAH!"

Laaaame.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:32 pm
Aww, it sounds sweet. =3  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games