Reply Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics
Vampire Books (12th grade reading level and under Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inuyashalover365

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:28 pm
I have only read three vampire based books, Twilight and New Moon, both by Stephenie Meyer, and Vampire High I think by douglass Rees. I want more. I read at about a 12th grade level, but I'm in eighth grade. I don't want anything overly complicated or grusome if you know what I mean, but I'm dying for a good vampire read. Suggestions?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 pm
I have also read Twilight and New Moon, and am also at the same grade and reading level as you. I do have a few suggestions; Bloodline by Kate Cary, Bloodline Book Two: Reckoning by Kate Cary, Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber, Vampire Kisses two: Kissing Coffins by Ellen Schreiber, and (though it may be a bit complicated for your taste), Dracula by Bram Stoker. G' Luck!  

dormant lime

Astounding Loiterer

12,200 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Tycoon 200

inuyashalover365

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:25 pm
Oh cool! Thanks! I'll go take a look at those.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:40 pm
I'll look for those as well...  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 5:42 pm
erm... the silver kiss by annette kurtis klause  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:19 am
I think you'd like Anne Rice's work then.

The Vampire Lestat
The Vampire Armand
Interview With A Vampire

All three are excellent books.

Bloodline by Kate Cary is also an excellent book.

And the classic, Stoker's Dracula  

Deadside Dreams

Haeros

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:09 pm
A couple of good vampire books are In the Forests of the Night and Demon in my View by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:07 pm
I know a book series, Its really not for children but I love it. The Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Theres like 14 books and I've read and own 13 of them. Dont let the title fool you, she ends up falling in love with a vampire.  

The 69th Unknown

sgfdgdhfghouppp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:19 pm
i love laurell k hamilton all of her books but i would recomend nightseer by said author because the anita blake and merry gentry series are a bit advanced for under age readers. also christine feehan and sherelyn kenyon books are really good. heart i love all of these books. i will think of more but these are good for now  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:51 pm
Um, the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Shreiber is pretty good. And I loved Twilight and New Moon, and don't forget that Eclipse is coming out in less then a month!

Bloody_Handcuffs

5,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:31 pm
If you want some mature reading, try Whitley Streiber's The Last Vampire - or while you're at it, read his original vampire novel, The Hunger.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:42 pm
well, I have some manga I might recommend... (*cough*hellsing*/cough*), but bookwise, I've been reading some very interesting ones by a japanese author...

They're known as Vampire Hunter D, by Hideyuki Kikuchi and I think there are 6+ volumes out now.

And don't forget dracula, by bram stoker....

I can't wait for eclipse though... ^.^ Soo happy!  

Bloody Loon

broken_hearts_beat17

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 pm
like some have said twilight and new moon are good novels, but i also liked vampire kisses. i haven't read the 2nd and 3rd books yet. but i also recommend vamp books by anne rice. oh, and this book called tantalize, but i forgot the name of the author... srry  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:21 pm
christine feehan novels are romance novels for adults. my mom is obsessed with her vamp novels, so i guess those are pretty good.  

broken_hearts_beat17

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:29 pm
Pretty much all of Anne Rice's stuff.

((Sorry if this is a repost.))  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items