sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:08 pm
Today when I logged on to Gaia, it asked for my birthday. Gaia wanted to confirm that I was over 13, as this is a PG-13 site. When I joined, Gaia didn't require me to enter a birthday, so I did not. I consider that information personal and i do not want it all over the internet.

And... for those accounts that are found to be under thirteen, Gaia has locked their accounts until their thirteenth birthday. Their account, along with their items, will be avaiable to them at that time...
I think this is good... it'll catch those honest under thriteen-year-olds. ^^;; There are some things on this site that they just shouldn't see... or read.
(Remember when Gaia killed Santa?)

Anyway... I now have my birthday logged into Gaia. I do not want it to show. The only option I see is to take out that section of the profile that holds that data... I don't see a way to just take out the birthday info. ...I liked that I had no birthday. XD;

Why has no major announcement been made? If you already had your birthday on your profile, were you asked to enter one when you logged on today? Is your account locked for being under thirteen? ...Wait, don't answer that one. XD;; Do you know anyone who got their account locked? Do you mind having your birthday out in open sight on Gaia? And~ um, related stuff.
Man... I bet a lot of people have accounts that are stuck in limbo...

As for what I've done~ I've had to take that little info section out of my profile that I like. u.u But~ my browser closes everytime I try to edit it any more... And~ I don't have the time to deal with it any further, at the moment as I have to sign off. ^^;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:27 pm
I got that message about a year ago :/  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:17 pm
I got that messege also cabbi, its weird how gaia is doing this  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:33 pm
JeeszyCreezy
The signing up for the new ToS, or having to enter your birthdate twice into the screen before they let you do anything? ^^;;
You already input a birthday when you sign up, right? So maybe they didn't ask you today? ...I've seen a bunch of threads in the QnA asking about this. ^^;

@Tokyo: I know, right? O: I understand why they're doing it... I just don't like it. XD; I don't want my brithday displayed for all to see.
I'm trying to make sense of this to see why some are getting the message, and why others aren't. Did you have your birthday section blank too?

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

original karbear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:48 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

I'm trying to make sense of this to see why some are getting the message, and why others aren't.

I think it's because for those of us who have already put something in for our b-day on our profile [mine, last i checked lied because like you, I wished to leave my b-day somewhat secret.] we haven't gotten the message. Heh that sounds a little mean to myself. "we haven't gotten the message" but anywho you know what I'm talking about. I only was forced to put my b-day in because as I recall I went to change something with my settings and take a peek at what the name/b-day changing page looks like and I had some sort of issue backing out of that page without changing my b-day... or something along those lines. my memory's a bit fuzzy today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:57 pm
original karbear
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

I'm trying to make sense of this to see why some are getting the message, and why others aren't.

I think it's because for those of us who have already put something in for our b-day on our profile [mine, last i checked lied because like you, I wished to leave my b-day somewhat secret.] we haven't gotten the message. Heh that sounds a little mean to myself. "we haven't gotten the message" but anywho you know what I'm talking about. I only was forced to put my b-day in because as I recall I went to change something with my settings and take a peek at what the name/b-day changing page looks like and I had some sort of issue backing out of that page without changing my b-day... or something along those lines. my memory's a bit fuzzy today.
Okay~ that's what I was assuming, but~ I didn't just want to assume. Thanks for telling me. :3
Oh yeah! I remember something like that. ^^ Changing a letter in your name from capital to lowercase doesn't count as a name change, so you can do that all you want~ I used to do that here and there until one day when I couldn't because they were forcing me to input a birthday and I didn't want to. So~~ I should just lie about this whole birthday thing and get over it. B]

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

original karbear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:28 pm
sdrawkcab
original karbear
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

Okay~ that's what I was assuming, but~ I didn't just want to assume. Thanks for telling me. :3
Oh yeah! I remember something like that. ^^ Changing a letter in your name from capital to lowercase doesn't count as a name change, so you can do that all you want~ I used to do that here and there until one day when I couldn't because they were forcing me to input a birthday and I didn't want to. So~~ I should just lie about this whole birthday thing and get over it. B]

Yes, assuming can get a person into trouble sometimes. Glad I could be some help! ^_^
    That explains why I never see you with random letters capitalized anymore..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:22 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
The signing up for the new ToS, or having to enter your birthdate twice into the screen before they let you do anything? ^^;;
You already input a birthday when you sign up, right? So maybe they didn't ask you today? ...I've seen a bunch of threads in the QnA asking about this. ^^;

@Tokyo: I know, right? O: I understand why they're doing it... I just don't like it. XD; I don't want my brithday displayed for all to see.
I'm trying to make sense of this to see why some are getting the message, and why others aren't. Did you have your birthday section blank too?
the age-o- meter thing.
I havn't gotten any such message since then. And that wasn't even on this account. I already knew about the rules on the age thing.

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:34 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

the age-o- meter thing.
I havn't gotten any such message since then. And that wasn't even on this account. I already knew about the rules on the age thing.
Yeah, i think what OK and I have come up with, if you already have a birthdate listed, then they don't need to bother you with this message. Buut~ people who listed a birthdate under thirteen have been deactivated until they hit thriteen. x.x
Oh yes, I should hope that everyone knows about the rules. Gaia's just.. cracking down on them. I don't like how I have no option to turn off the birthday on my profile unless I get rid of the whole little box with my account info on it... Eheh, the QnA is overloaded with questions on it right now. ...Like~ someone joked around and said that he was born in 2007. ...He's currently locked out of his account for a long time. x.x
And~ there was once an option to say that you were under thirteen, but had parental consent. ...That had since been taken away.. and those accounts have been deactivated. ..Rightly so, since they are underage... it just sucks for them. ^^;;

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:59 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

the age-o- meter thing.
Yeah, i think what OK and I have come up with, if you already have a birthdate listed, then they don't need to bother you with this message. Buut~ people who listed a birthdate under thirteen have been deactivated until they hit thriteen. x.x
Oh yes, I should hope that everyone knows about the rules. Gaia's just.. cracking down on them. I don't like how I have no option to turn off the birthday on my profile unless I get rid of the whole little box with my account info on it... Eheh, the QnA is overloaded with questions on it right now. ...Like~ someone joked around and said that he was born in 2007. ...He's currently locked out of his account for a long time. x.x
And~ there was once an option to say that you were under thirteen, but had parental consent. ...That had since been taken away.. and those accounts have been deactivated. ..Rightly so, since they are underage... it just sucks for them. ^^;;

That's really sad to hear, I know that they don't want young users on gaia but that kind of action isn't smart. The person can just make another account anyways.
It's differnt if you have old school profiles.
Well the kid shouldn't of jokes around like that but think about the new way to do saving. Just put a small fortune on an account and then claim it's 12 years old a year later you have some nice gold coming out for you.
Yest another reason not to be honest on gaia.

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
the age-o- meter thing.

That's really sad to hear, I know that they don't want young users on gaia but that kind of action isn't smart. The person can just make another account anyways.
Well the kid shouldn't of jokes around like that but think about the new way to do saving. Just put a small fortune on an account and then claim it's 12 years old a year later you have some nice gold coming out for you.
^^ Yeah~ but till then they're locked out of all their items. @.@;
^^ Yeah~ I'm wondering if it can be tweaked for new school too though. PX
XDD That would be a savings account~~ For the person who's really serious about it. x.x I don't think I could ever do something like that. Maybe i'd be questing and need one of the things I locked away to finish that quest~ and you wouldn't have it~~
XD; I guess ya gotta do what'cha gotta do...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:11 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
the age-o- meter thing.

XDD That would be a savings account~~ For the person who's really serious about it. x.x I don't think I could ever do something like that. Maybe i'd be questing and need one of the things I locked away to finish that quest~ and you wouldn't have it~~
It's better then loosing it al together.
Well there are two different sections on the profile part. if you take out the b-day you alsoe loose location and things like that.
I wouldn't use it. A year is a long time.
Yeah but that's so american of them XD;;

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

BlackRoseDahlia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:51 pm
I think, I was what? 14 when I joined Gaia...so why the heck should ppl know my b-day too. I don't want ppl telling me Happy Birthday if they aren't going to give me something off of my wishlist...I have 200 gold items...even a uber noob can give me one of those.

Supre off topic...
(*I buy all my items off of ppl in the market places with reasonable prices...so I kinda "save" my gold for others. I think of it this way...I buy something for me and donate something to them. Not really "donate-donate" but I know that they are getting more than they would if they sold it back to the store. I'd rather give my gold to an actual user instead of an [NPC]...who isn't going to use it for anything stare *)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:08 am
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy

It's better then loosing it al together.
Well there are two different sections on the profile part. if you take out the b-day you alsoe loose location and things like that.
I wouldn't use it. A year is a long time.
Yeah but that's so american of them XD;;
Mhmm. ^^
Darn~~ ...but what do you mean by two sections?
Yes... x.x Buut~ you could say that you're twelve and nine months old... and then you'd only have to wait three months~
...It sounds fitting~ XD

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:12 am
BlackRoseDahlia
I think, I was what? 14 when I joined Gaia...so why the heck should ppl know my b-day too. I don't want ppl telling me Happy Birthday if they aren't going to give me something off of my wishlist...I have 200 gold items...even a uber noob can give me one of those.

Supre off topic...
(*I buy all my items off of ppl in the market places with reasonable prices...so I kinda "save" my gold for others. I think of it this way...I buy something for me and donate something to them. Not really "donate-donate" but I know that they are getting more than they would if they sold it back to the store. I'd rather give my gold to an actual user instead of an [NPC]...who isn't going to use it for anything stare *)
Really?~ I'm sort of the opposite. I wouldn't mind random happy birthdays, it's the presents that I don't really.. want.. I do like cheap items though. I can never have enough of them. XD

^___^ That's just like how I used to think of it. I only buy items at discount prices, so I always by in the market and not the store anyway. XDD
It's actually better for the economy to get rid of excess gold... so sometimes it's better to buy from the store if it's the same price. ^^;; Although~ I do hate to see that gold be 'wasted.'

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff