Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
News of a new Album. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I can't Wait.

View Results

LukeLeo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:54 pm
User Image
MTV News
If you're Panic! at the Disco, how do you end a year in which you went from relative unknowns to one of the hottest bands on the planet?

"I might get a tattoo that just says '2006,' 'cause it was such a big year," bassist Jon Walker said. "Really, just the whole year in general has been amazing to us."

So a tattoo (maybe?) and "a little time off for the holidays," added drummer Spencer Smith. "Then we're going to start writing a new record over the winter and hopefully we have something out next fall."

Panic are also releasing one more single from A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, "Build God, Then We'll Talk," which is as much a treat to themselves as it is to their fans.

"It's the last song we wrote for this record. It's all of our favorite song and we've wanted it to be a single pretty much ever since," guitarist Ryan Ross explained. "That's probably the most exciting one for us, but it's kind of like we're doing it for us. I don't know if it's going to be a huge hit or whatever."

Ross described the song as a story he wrote about prostitution and living in Las Vegas, and he said the already-completed video is somewhat literal. "We're not sure it's ever going to get on MTV," he said. "There's dry humping, excessive drug use, pretty much anything vulgar."

As for that next album, Panic have formulated some ideas, but have yet to write any complete songs.

"We've been talking about it for the past couple of months and we started writing lyrics a little bit, so I've got a little bit to go off of," Ross said. "We're gonna be home in January kind of doing our homework before we all get together."

"Our last record, we felt somewhat rushed," Smith added. "Luckily we're actually going to have a little more time, so we're more excited than anything to start writing. And, like, the last song on the record is our favorite song, so kind of going from there is where we'll be. I guess that's the best way to describe it."

While in Los Angeles recently for KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas festival, the band took some meetings with potential producers.

"We've had some different ideas, but a lot of our favorite kind of people we'd like to work with aren't the regular producers you may think of," Smith said. "We want to work with some people who don't even produce records, like Danny Elfman and [people] like that, who just do a lot of film scores. But we haven't made a 100 percent decision yet."

In the meantime, Smith is excited to share that he's taking piano and drum lessons. "I haven't taken lessons in three years, so watch out for that," he warned.

"I'm finishing up a semester at community college," Walker interrupted, mocking his band mate.

"I think I'm going to get a job," Ross added.

Look out 2007.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:23 pm
I've never been so excited for a release of an album in my entire life.

BTW, where did you find that Brendon and Ryan picture? I haven't seen that one before.

PrimeRibby
Captain

LukeLeo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:06 pm
`PrimeRib

BTW, where did you find that Brendon and Ryan picture? I haven't seen that one before.
Well i got the report and the picture from a music news site on myspace called Spin6. At the end it said it was originally found on MTV news so i just put that.
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:55 pm
` E m o h
`PrimeRib

Well i got the report and the picture from a music news site on myspace called Spin6. At the end it said it was originally found on MTV news so i just put that.
User Image

Oh, I see. I'll go check that site out. I've actually read that article before. That was from about...December or so. Ryan's latest journal entry says that they are currently living in a cabin writing music together right now. =D

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:50 pm
`PrimeRib
` E m o h
`PrimeRib

User Image

Oh, I see. I'll go check that site out. I've actually read that article before. That was from about...December or so. Ryan's latest journal entry says that they are currently living in a cabin writing music together right now. =D

... A cabin?
o_______o.
^_______^;
time2stalkplx.

I'll borrow one of those.. dogs.. that are good at sniffing.. and it will lead me to the precise location of the bandd, and then they'll HAVE to take me in and house me before I spill the location of their secret cabin.

OYES. blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:28 pm
jenny without sound
... A cabin?
o_______o.
^_______^;
time2stalkplx.

I'll borrow one of those.. dogs.. that are good at sniffing.. and it will lead me to the precise location of the bandd, and then they'll HAVE to take me in and house me before I spill the location of their secret cabin.

OYES. blaugh

Yep. Jon said you can visit them. 4laugh

Jon Journal Entry
Oh yeah, withen the next couple weeks we will be living in a house together writing music, come by. See you..

And then Ryan wrote in the journal...

Ryan Journal Entry
I'll be meeting up with everyone at the cabin in a few days to begin working on songs again. This record is going to be something very special to me, and I hope it is to all of you as well, I've got a few handfullsl of lyrics and a pinch of music started so far, should be interesting to see what happens.This is a love story.I've got a good feeling about this record, and we're all very excited to be doing this again,plus it's been a while since i've had some good s'mores.

PrimeRibby
Captain

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:38 pm
I'LL MAKE THEM burnt SMORES!
-screams in teenie girly delight-
o_o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:44 am
jenny without sound
I'LL MAKE THEM burnt SMORES!
-screams in teenie girly delight-
o_o

smores! panic in a cabin??
oh the greatness
wow for somereason that makes me think of cabin fever...  

dinosawrz

vanilla bear 4 am

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:10 pm
crying i cant wait!!!! for there new album o man!  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:50 pm
I was on this Ryan Ross fansite,
and I think I found some of the lyrics to the songs on the new cd.

Here they are:

A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection.
I'm a half-completed crossword
Find your school: city state search
Oh look! Oh look! She's become a model now
Crash her wedding, she's wearing red shoes
but she hasn't a thing to wear
I'm a fighting man, but I've no hands
But if you like, I guess, I mean, I guess I could tie the boxing gloves on anyway
One boxing match in the church baby, a shotgun wedding
With boxing gloves instead of a shotgun, baby

Matrimony is Paving the Way for Preplanned Alchemy
As the rain falls, my umbrella doesn't always work
drip drop drip drop splish splashing in my brain
It's a flood honey, a real mach five
Oh dear, I fear a dreadful drizzle my dear
It's time to fly south with the mice
Dripping dripping dripping in my Sunday morning tea
One lump or two? How do you do? It's the monopoly guy
These mice aren't blind, baby, but I guess they don't see the light
But you know, maybe it's just dark or something baby, I don't know
It could be the wool pulled over their eyes
by father time or a gardening bird
I like to write but my hands aren't working for me
I've just created the unabated understatement of the century
It could be the wool pulled over my eyes
but that's just a refrain

They are kinda weird.
But I bet they will sound great when Brendon actually SINGS them.
He has an AMAZING voice.

mellygirl562

jenny without sound

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 3:47 pm
I've read those a while back ago, and I wonder if he's trying to do another Palahniuk synopsis.
Not that I have a problem with those, but I want to see what Ryan can really come up with on his own.

Although the lines "One boxing match in the church baby, a shotgun wedding. With boxing gloves intstead of a shotgun, baby." makes me laugh for some reason.

And the second song about rain makes me think of rats.
In Paris.
Or like Mary Poppins or Madelline (the French orphan!) or something.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 4:56 pm
If those are actually the lyrics, I'd be totally pumped that he referred back to "shotgun wedding."

I'm having a hard time believing that those are the lyrics, though. They released those way back, and about only a couple weeks ago they said that they only had four songs complete. Plus, Ryan said that it was going to be a "love story," and I can't find any love in that. Compared to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, those lyrics don't even make sense to me - theres no plot. Ryan would definitely have to do some explaining. xD

PrimeRibby
Captain

tasteLORRAINEbow

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:19 pm
Okay woah. I am discussing this with my friend.

Certain lyrics from that one song Matrimony is Paving the Way for Preplanned Alchemy.

Oh my gosh.

Well a little while ago, my friend IMed me and was all oh look I found new lyrics. So we looked at them and..some lyrics in that song. I used previously in an old song I have wrote.

I started freaking out...it was a song I wrote back in Febuary. We're like..wtf?!?! that's weird..but it makes me feel kinda special...

The song I wrote is in my journal called No Problem, Just Rush Hour. I found it really really really weird how he used some of the same stuff I did.

If these lyrics are real and is on the new album...I swear... I'll freak.  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:45 am
Simple Sophistication

Certain lyrics from that one song Matrimony is Paving the Way for Preplanned Alchemy.

Oh my gosh.

Well a little while ago, my friend IMed me and was all oh look I found new lyrics. So we looked at them and..some lyrics in that song. I used previously in an old song I have wrote.

I started freaking out...it was a song I wrote back in Febuary. We're like..wtf?!?! that's weird..but it makes me feel kinda special...

The song I wrote is in my journal called No Problem, Just Rush Hour. I found it really really really weird how he used some of the same stuff I did.

Ehh...creepy! That'd freak me out too...it'd be like the friggin twilight zone.
If it is the same, you should totally sue. lol. I kid.
But then you'd get to meet him, so...
xp
I kid again.

Los Miserables

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:21 pm
Simple Sophistication

Oh my gosh.

So like, this was an online journal? O.o

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces