Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
\(^▽^*)いらっしゃ~いっ(*^▽^)/ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:32 pm
User Image

gallery: http://gorachi.deviantart.com
mentor: haliya-senseiii ♥

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:41 pm
older works/wip dump
older > newer

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

BigglyWiggly

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:47 pm
recent speed sketches

8 minutes
User Image

11 minutes
User Image

~30 minutes
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:06 pm
omg you japanese freak

how many wips do you have? LOL
sdkhaklhga;; damn you, D8 how do you colour so well?!?

I love the 1st WIP, I think you should do a little bit of light on the muscle next to her thumbpalm thing *DOESNTKNOWWHATITSCALLED*

and the sakura one, maybe move her mouth a bit more to the left? cos t kinda looks like her mouth is starts at the center of the nose XDD

god you prodigy  

lenapii

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:16 pm
lenapii
omg you japanese freak

how many wips do you have? LOL
sdkhaklhga;; damn you, D8 how do you colour so well?!?

I love the 1st WIP, I think you should do a little bit of light on the muscle next to her thumbpalm thing *DOESNTKNOWWHATITSCALLED*

and the sakura one, maybe move her mouth a bit more to the left? cos t kinda looks like her mouth is starts at the center of the nose XDD

god you prodigy

kukukuku ♥

lmao i don't color well crying it's all painter's amazing watercolor bleed *Q* hahaha

lol yeah, the sakura one is really bad. everything is retarded =3= but i was doing a lineless excercise hahaha ;3;

thanks for the input~ and haha wtf you shouldn't be saying that >__> you're the prodigy aughhhhuu *molest*  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:12 pm
* A*!!!
I want painter T AT all the pwnsome artists are using it D8

oh and dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama dramallama

llama spam!  

lenapii

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:05 pm
"garden of everything" piece, need help

User Image

a mood piece set to the mood of "garden of everything" by maaya sakamoto ft. steve conte (such a pretty song)

sasuke's supposed to be standing in a snow field ^^;; but obviously, i don't have enough skill to show that >_<;; lmao i don't... even know.. how to do the perspective properly. i want it to be like the viewer is looking down on sasuke...

please help! drawovers are welcome ;_;

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:50 pm
Its awesome so far!
I love his face/head for some reason, the way you cant see his face really sets the mood for the scene.
User Image

(just ignore the hippo thing 8'DD)
I think sasukes shoulder should be a bit lower (more relaxed?), and the rope should curve upwards more towards his side, like a side of a cylinder since you're looking down on him.
The sleeve could be a bit lower, (you dont really have to change it though XD)

Im really bad at perspective too T AT;;;;  

lenapii

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:14 pm
"garden of everything" mood piece

User Image

thank you so much to emi and lena for the drawovers! they helped a lot!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:25 pm
It really looks awesome! Can't wait to you see you finish it, your lines are amazing O __O;;; heart  

lenapii

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:25 pm

User Image

i cheated... sighhhh scribbled over a photo for the bg ^^;; it's so hard to do perspective... how do ppl do it?? and i don't understand how people can make up architectural things without using a ref?? ><;;; it's totally beyond me!! but if i use a ref i feel like i'm cheating >: sighhh

i also need help... i have no clue how to do bookshelves.. with books. how do you draw them so they look detailed but not spend forever on them?! ;_;''''

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:46 am
dunno of this will help... but I too don't like to take time on backgrounds so.. sweatdrop this is sort of winging it...

User Image

User Image

My only other issue would be his head might be a little too big... then again I don't really know how old he's supposed to be... sweatdrop  

beddyteddy2

BigglyWiggly

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:08 pm
ohhh i see *QQQ* hmmm... i fixed his head size! i hope it's better. lol you were right, it was too big T^T and the books... i decided to try and paint them instead...

......... but photoshop, being the evil #%@! that it is, crashed on me when i was zooming out sighhhh ;_; and i didn't save my coloring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/gorachii/NOOOOOOMYPIC.jpg

lol i printscreened it right before it closed on itself T_____T ;_; although.. it wasn't looking very good anyway.

how do i color backgrounds??? while keeping a consistent lightsource and colors and stuff? ;_; it's really hard to pick colors that look natural and show the light illuminating them... ><;;; sighh  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:14 pm
User Image

i'm not sure how to draw her two shirts on ( ref )

drawovers welcome ;_;

BigglyWiggly

beddyteddy2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:50 pm
ok... rushed.. XD but this is how I would do it... I would want her shoulder to show so... eheh...

User Image  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces