View Results

Remotely Mellow

Dapper Elocutionist

4,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Well, I probably got your attention from the title, and well, No it's not a model. I actually plan on painting mine like the Gundams. Everything will be done like Wing Zero for the normal things, Vehicles, Fire Warriors, and Crisis Suits. Although, the Stealth suits will be painted Like Acguy's. What do you think? My friend gave me the Idea, because he said the Tau are basically the Anime Army, and he said they look like Gundams. I kinda agree. I would also like any Suggestions on any other models to be painted like a certain model. All criticism will be accepted.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:15 pm

This sounds totally stupid.... I LOVE IT! You should totally do it! whee Why paint the firewarriors and scuh like wing zero? Why not like the UC style space suits? Actually, with a bit of work you could proably mod some Leo or taurus heads onto the crisis suits. If you use sticky-tac then splatter a few layers of watered-down white glue it forms a sort of rubber. Paint over that thing and it looks quite nice. Go for it man.

Kozo

[Arcon]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:15 am

Kozo
This sounds totally stupid.... I LOVE IT! You should totally do it! whee Why paint the firewarriors and scuh like wing zero? Why not like the UC style space suits? Actually, with a bit of work you could proably mod some Leo or taurus heads onto the crisis suits. If you use sticky-tac then splatter a few layers of watered-down white glue it forms a sort of rubber. Paint over that thing and it looks quite nice. Go for it man.

ever heard of green stuff?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:16 am

I'm actually half way into converting a Crisis Suit into Heavyarms fromt he Wing series for my friend. Laaattteee Christmas present. I just haven't had the time. I'll get a picture up when I can so you can cheak it out, might give you some ideas. 3nodding

Big Boss OBrien

[Arcon]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:11 am

Big Boss OBrien
I'm actually half way into converting a Crisis Suit into Heavyarms fromt he Wing series for my friend. Laaattteee Christmas present. I just haven't had the time. I'll get a picture up when I can so you can cheak it out, might give you some ideas. 3nodding
kool, heavyarms is one of my favourite ones...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:13 am

Criticism ahoy!

This is not an original idea. This army was practically made for the Anime fanboy, in a bid to drag them in. Mobile battle suits, advanced technology, flags mounted on the back of men like Samurai, and Japanese accents in videogame portrayals?

Honestly, I'd say go off and either paint them Eavy Metal really well (because that's a rarity nowadays) or go and do something...different. Gundam Tau...
gonk rolleyes

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

tablecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am

Gundam Tau are lame and unoriginal. Convert some squats into auxiliary troops instead.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:54 am

[Arcon]
Kozo

ever heard of green stuff?

What's that then?
OHLOL 4laugh

Marcus McFlufferson

Karnokoto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:36 pm

/agree with Mykal, completely. They already look like Gundams, dont paint them like Gundams. Lame, very lame.
I've already seen two Gundam Tau armies in the Metrotown store ALONE, nevermind on the internet.
Please dont do them.
Tau look awesome with understated paintjobs, not ******** paintjobs. I'm painting my boyfriend's tau with army fatigue green/dark angels and khaki/beige for the undersuits, and they look pretty cool. Also I havent seen the paintjob anywhere else.

Its really not as good an idea as you think it is.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:17 pm

Please don't make our anime style suits like gundams. They look good enough as is... plus it ends up really tacky like. If you wanna do gundamsk make a titan gundam but even then...

Aznhothead5

Spawn More Overlords

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:12 pm

*winces...* Alright, I'm going to avoid saying anything mean about this... um.. grr... blech... well um... good... luck on that...
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:38 pm

Seig Zeon!

How 'bout this: Show us two test models: one with the scheme from the OP, and then go for a darker, green-based scheme.

Rhyos

Battle_Brother_Edward

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:26 am

SEIG ZEON!

this actually gives me an idea to to a Zeon themed tau army normal battle suits as zaku 2 hq suit as a gouf broadsides as maybe zaku with magella cannon lol could do up some gundrones as fighters ... anyhow, do to the lame tau in gwing colors thats just pure out *insert colorful metaphor of choice here*
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:46 pm

the idea is way to over used just have fun with the stuff you have and make a totally new idea that no one has used yet.

gama chan

King Kento

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:35 pm

gama chan
the idea is way to over used just have fun with the stuff you have and make a totally new idea that no one has used yet.

Though I agree with the sentiment, this topic is from march. I havent seen that member post since, so I doubt theyll get the message.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff