Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
London 2012 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:02 am
biggrin

Good news I thought. It's going to be a long 7 year wait, but it's something to look forward to.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:47 am
not that they're kicking france in the teeth but ITV and BBC1 have repeated the announcement at least 7 times each and BBC1 has a special programme on about it.  

DragonRich

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:23 am
DragonRich
not that they're kicking france in the teeth but ITV and BBC1 have repeated the announcement at least 7 times each and BBC1 has a special programme on about it.
its because we rock. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:36 am
Jesus. I think I'll evacuate the country for when 2012 Olympics come around...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:02 am
This is possibly the worst thing that could happen to our socio-economic structure short of a hydrogen bomb going off in the Bank of England  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:06 am
and_solo_said
This is possibly the worst thing that could happen to our socio-economic structure short of a hydrogen bomb going off in the Bank of England

How exactly?  

Fourcolour

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:27 pm
2 hour train journey to London, the Japanese are very good at gymnastics, Im a pervy fangirl- Im going to the Olympics! heart
I know 7 years is a long time to wait, but this might actually get me interested in sport, as Im actually pretty excited.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:35 pm
and_solo_said

Say again?

As a Londoner, I think it's great news.

With childhood obseity such a massive problem looming on the horizon, what better way to get children involved in sport than the carrot of the Olympics in your own country?  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Fourcolour

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:16 pm
A Lost Iguana
and_solo_said

Say again?

As a Londoner, I think it's great news.

With childhood obseity such a massive problem looming on the horizon, what better way to get children involved in sport than the carrot of the Olympics in your own country?

Amen. Kids need to get involved in sport, now more than ever.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:05 am
I notice Owen's staying clear of this thread now...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Zoutout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:19 am
I think he's focussing more on how much it will cost, rather than how much we will gain from it (which will be more than the cost, unless we're crap. Which we're not. British engineering is fantastic)  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:20 am
I really couldn't care less what country the olympics is held in. It's still going to take up as much time on TV and be no less boring for being in London.  

Ph_ish

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:21 am
Ph_ish
I really couldn't care less what country the olympics is held in. It's still going to take up as much time on TV and be no less boring for being in London.

Except, of course, you'll be able to escape it even less. And public transport etcetera will probably be overloaded.
Of course, in the longer term I suppose it's good news.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:28 am
Ph_ish

Agreed.
But the government's money will all be wasted on new stuff, the city will be congested, and there'll be building works everywhere.
Whats more, people won't care about us London residents anymore....not that they ever did....

The most hilarious thing is that they're making a *nice* beach on the Thames, with its -ahem- crystal clear waters.....  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Zoutout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:32 am
if they want a good beach they should come up here. We've actually got sand, unlike what I've been told about southern beaches.  
The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games