Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
lena's //WIP-LOG// NEW PICTURE (need anatomy help!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lenapii

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:52 am
cos yeah, cant exactly say my sketchbook cos.. I would prolly post linearts/half-way-through-colouring WIPs and stuff as well as sketches

I'll spiffy up this page later *too lazy right now*

next post would be the latest artwork that I need CC on :3 please read the post instead of going ahead and CCing it~

heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:56 am
Okay, I need help with this~
its a bit late for anatomy critiques X'D cos it'll be hard for me to change it now
but I need help on my colours.

User Image

I dont know what colours to colour where, basically I don't really want one single colour theme, cos that's usually boring XD but when I put different colours together, they either clash, or make the picture really dark :/

help? heart heart  

lenapii

tirbutt
Crew

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:40 am
WHEN IN DOUBT... RAINBOWWW 8DDDD..... well at least that's what anjii says >3>...

Hrm I really don't know 8D;; do these characters already have a set color scheme? o3o;

Honestly I really don't know ;o;.... A lot of times I just blob random colors everywhere and it sorta works ;_; /no help at all/

Hopefully somoene else can help >o<;;

p.s. your boxers are sexy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:43 am
T i r a e l
WHEN IN DOUBT... RAINBOWWW 8DDDD..... well at least that's what anjii says >3>...

Hrm I really don't know 8D;; do these characters already have a set color scheme? o3o;

Honestly I really don't know ;o;.... A lot of times I just blob random colors everywhere and it sorta works ;_; /no help at all/

Hopefully somoene else can help >o<;;

p.s. your boxers are sexy

LOL THATS SO ANJII
no theres no colour scheme, this is just a concept cg so the characters hair,skin,eye colour can be altered and whatever XDD

I suck at colours TAT *fails*

p.s.s ofcourse they are, >:U it was a gift and gifts = sexy heart  

lenapii

Sriae

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:11 pm
Try saturating the area right before the darkest area with a coolor color and desaturating it where it recedes into shadow.

Did that make sense? D:  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:19 pm
Sriae
Try saturating the area right before the darkest area with a coolor color and desaturating it where it recedes into shadow.

Did that make sense? D:

... not.. really? x'DDDD;; sorry Im a bit confused > A<;;;  

lenapii

Apriorism

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.( User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show..::[ - K |N| O [C] K- ]::.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ) User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♪Gotta knock A litt.l|e| harder brea k through th[e] [D]oor ♪

If I catch you with my properton, such as my BUMP, info, graphics, and art; I'll report you. D<
I like your art. Ima commission you when I get
154248575457442K goldies. Kay? Kay. <3
[ - Sadness Inserted Here - ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:43 pm
lenapii
Sriae

Did that make sense? D:

... not.. really? x'DDDD;; sorry Im a bit confused > A<;;;

As in, use a more saturated color right before the crest shadow (I think that's what it's called in english. >.o), and the crest shadow being some cool color, and desaturate it gradually as it recedes.

Does that work? >>;  

Sriae

lenapii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:13 pm
*still confused*... I think I know what you mean, XDD I'll try it though thanks!!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:09 am
you are... so young... so talented... *molest*

looks like ippus art... aaahhh so incredible ( ̄▽ ̄)

i think that if you want to use a ton of diff colors, you should make the shadows all a similar hue/shade/whatever to tie the picture together. and maybe use white/black in areas where there is already a lot of saturation, to ease it into color again in other areas? @_@ if that makes sense  

BigglyWiggly

soupey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:52 am
Bright colors. Use a really bright pink, green, maybe a pale purple like you have. Teal usually works well too.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:37 pm
chai: I know what you mean, I think thats what sriae was talking about too XDDD
I'll give that a go too! *kinda put off by the picture now thought*

*has no patience* D8;;;

fernshouldburn: XDD I tried using alot of bright colours, :'D but they clashed alot, and whenever I choose oclours they're usually next to each other on the colour wheel. Making it look sorta like a 'one coloured' theme picture D:  

lenapii

lenapii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:43 pm
NEW PIC:
User Image

Its an action posed this time, I wanted to challenge myself with anatomy/dynamic pose stuff guh. so hard ><

I *know* the leg is long, but when I shorten it, it looks incredibly short :'DD

HELP PLX. heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:17 pm
i... dunno... well the first thing i tried was getting into that pose in front of a mirror... XD;;; IT WASN'T A VERY SMART IDEA especialy with hard tile floors

but i dunno, what i noticed was that it's not very practical to kick from that angle T___T;;??? although i'm probably not anime-skinny-athletic-perfect enough for it XD;;;

maybe you could try bending the leg instead? so it's a knee kick instead of a full-length? it might make the foot look less awkward... although i don't know

i think the other leg should be placed closer to the floor though... more horizontal XO

but of course, i don't know anything about anatomy and this is all just guesses ^^;;

you're so incredible though... you have a lot of talent  

BigglyWiggly

lenapii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:42 pm
I think the leg looks awkward too.. I was originally going to draw it bent, but then the kick wouldn;t look as strong? XD

8D haha i tried the bent-knee pose in my bedroom, I don't have a mirror in it but I got an idea of the pose and where stuff should go.

I doodled on top of the WIP~
User Image

Its better for other people to spot mistakes cos I can never see them *retarded anatomy skills* > <;;;

>:0 you're damn incredible too!  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces