Name my chapter
  Odo's checkerd witchhunters
  the checkerd
  the black and white guys
  something else
View Results

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:33 pm

This is one of three major projects i am working on now. The wordbearers have been noted as being overly religious in everything they do, so it makes sence that they should have a confessor. I got the idea from soem one on librarium online.
The confessor is a wordbearer who is so well versed in the doctrine of the gods that he can convert normal spacemarines to his cause. Once per chaos turn he may convert up two five space marines who are equipped with bolters. No heavy weapons (not sure why, the rules for the confession part of this are not mine). He may be acompanied by a retinu of upto ten sisters repentia who bear the ark of chaos undivided and up to four servoskulls. He can be given an icon of chaos divided, but can not have an icon or mark of any specific deity. He is equipped with only a sword (which is one of the 'great weapons') and can not be given any grenades.

The model for this, i am waiting for the darkangels company master, the one with the sword and the plume sided helmet (release on the 15th). I have a chaos undivided icon and a icon bearer of nurgle, im going to take the top part of the icon pole and replace the company banner of the confessors pack with it. I have an open book (not sure from what) which will be attached to the pole just below the icon.
i will add pictures as i get them

what think you of this question
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:41 pm

I think you need to balance out that "confession" (sounds mor elike conversion) power. It has unlimited range, no LoS needed, can target any bolter equipped character (in theory, this includes the HQ), converted units apparently get free roam (become a pair of independant characters), and the list goes on and on. I'm hoping that there is more to his special rule than that, so I'll be quiet.

Considering that hes overly religous, it seems like something more dynamic than the Dark angel CM might be a better choice. The company master pointing his sword may be a better choice. Top him off with Black templar bits, and lots of candles, and I think (this is my opinion, sorry for being so detaile don it) that it would work.

EsgarBlackpoxs

King Kento

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:30 pm

The rules sound over powered (really over powered). As for a model though I can understand wanting to use one of the new DA ones. Just make sure you scrollwork the hell out of the b*****d.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:15 pm

Just to add clarifacation to the confession ability (maybe for mine, i will re name it to like,,, corruptor so the ability will be corruption) it can only use that skill on space marine troop choice whithin 12 inches and only on a 5+ roll of a d6. I will post the full write up for it in a few days, i will be open to suggestions to change it.

Ahriman the Deceiver

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:04 pm

Still, a 33% chance to effective "kill" up to 5 Marines per turn, and then also add them to your own army is pretty unbelievably ridiculous. wink

Sounds like an interesting conversion more than anything. I'd rather just see it as a character with Demogogue, honestly.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:39 am

FlashbackJon
Still, a 33% chance to effective "kill" up to 5 Marines per turn, and then also add them to your own army is pretty unbelievably ridiculous. wink

Sounds like an interesting conversion more than anything. I'd rather just see it as a character with Demogogue, honestly.
And to the people at GW, thats all it will probably ever be.

Woot7 i get to order it today 3nodding

Ahriman the Deceiver

Censure

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:40 pm

Holy cow. gonk
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:35 pm

i still havent gotten it...

Ahriman the Deceiver

Reddemon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:06 am

Use it as a normal CSM Auditator guy lol
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Just an update to my other projects:

Purifiers(sp)
These are ten jump troops all with the "blinded" mutant head and with the chaos championtorso (the one with the chainmaille taibard) and all have flamers. Retinue of my chaos lord

Hoplites of Nurgle
These are tenGreyknight terminators with glaives turned that have chainblades. They all have Storm shields. They all have the typhus plate on their backs (this is the plate that has all the pipes and corruption coming out of it. This is the retinue of my chaplain.

Pics of these coming soon

Ahriman the Deceiver

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:34 pm

i bought a a black templars revrant dreadnought off of the forgeworld website, and i am going to have fun corrupting this one, pics coming upon the day of arrival.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:25 pm

Your Nurgley guys don't actually have the Mark of Nurgle, right? neutral

...being Word Bearers and all.

FlashbackJon

Ahriman the Deceiver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 pm

FlashbackJon

no they dont, word bearers cant have any marks but chaos undivided, but they have blight grenades and a few other gifts. And, they look nurgley like.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:28 pm

i have almost collected all the parts for my purifiers

Ahriman the Deceiver

FlashbackJon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:31 am

Odo_The_Witchhunter
FlashbackJon

no they dont, word bearers cant have any marks but chaos undivided, but they have blight grenades and a few other gifts. And, they look nurgley like.

You know they can't have Godly Gifts without the appropriate Mark, right?

(Note that I'm perfectly okay with them LOOKING Nurgley.)
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff