Jesus Camp Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

moonbeam5003

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:01 pm
Sorry if there was another topic about this sweatdrop

I just watched a few videos on youtube and I don't really know what to think about it.
I know it's good for kids to have interest and want to be with the Lord, but do you think it's right for them to have that much involvement with it.

The way they are talking, it seems to me that they think anyone who is not a Christian or religious is a bad person.
Children should have normal lives and I saw some that looked 5 & 6 years old already speaking in tongues!

It seems as though they are being brainwashed or something.

What do you think about this?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:36 pm
I'm moving this to Christianity in the Media, since that seems to be more appropriate for this topic.
Yay! I'm modding! XD  

Shien no Ryuu

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:04 pm
I'll just quote my post from the other thread.

Quote:
Eh, nothing you don't see in your standard pentecostal service. Heck, if anything, it's probably better. We need to remember that some people choose to worship G-d with different styles, some more active and with more, what some might consider, outlandish practices (such as speaking in tongues, or heavily played out alter calls), while others are more reserved. For alot of these children, they are already Christian (or are growing up in a Christian household) and are used to these things.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:37 am
I haven't seen it but I really really want to. My friend said she saw clips and it scared her silly because the kids were practically brainwashed, which I definetly don't condone. Kids need to be exposed to other things since we can't all just live in our lives in a tiny secluded Jesus camp. We have to live in the real world as well.  

freelance lover
Crew

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:27 pm
Scary and then some.

And then some more!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:20 am
I saw it a few weeks ago. It is scary. Probably scarier for me, being an athiest. All I can really is watch it. Although, it's scarier than most horror movies you'll see. Stuf like that could be in science fiction.  

A Different Light

Peace Love And Skate

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 4:29 pm
My friend came over one night and he said:
"Man, you're never gonna believe what I rented!" He said to me
"What?" I asked him
"THIS!" And with that, he pulled a DVD of Jesus Camp from his bag. I laughed my a** off, got some coffee, and we went upstairs to my room and watched the whole damn thing. Honestly, it was VERY emotional. I almost cried, and at other times, I was laughing .. alot. It's SICK how they teach kids to be in "God's Army" just like the Muslims, and they condemn the Muslims for the same stuff. AH, It's DISGUSTING  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:54 pm
Never heard of that movie. Along those lines, there was a book recently published called, "Harry Potter and the Bible". It's against the Harry Potter books, but I didn't get a chance to read it.  

GuardianAngel44

dragongirl42391

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:09 pm
Yeah, I watched clips of it on youtube too, and it looked way scary. I think these children are innocent, and really do have a passion for God in their hearts, aeven if the way they worship God is different and there didn't seem to be anything particulary wrong with it, just different. The only thing that I think is wrong is that these children are looking up to this lady like she IS God, which she isn't. But these children are too innocent to know that her opinions on poilitics etc are just her opinions and not God's opinions, nessecarily. If I were to give these children any advice, it would be to pray to God to give them wisdom to know when this lady is WAY off base or right. And, above all, be LOVING. Just because you're a Christian doesn't mean you have the right to act better than everyone else.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:35 pm
Hm...I went to youtube and watched a little clip...and...most of it I actually LIKED (how the little girl understood that a good church is joyful), though some of it...o.o; was pretty frightening.

And OH MY GRACIOUS. After watching, another video popped up entitled "anti gay marriage TOP 12 REASONS" or something to that effect, so I watch it, and it's just...funny! In a really offensive, scary, upsetting way. And as far as all the comments (at least on the front page)...not a Christian (nor a literate human being) in sight. I mean...it's really insane! It just made me go "...WOW."...and retreat back here. Well, that's not true. Some of the people were literate. They were just...making really funnily outlandish accusations. Like calling Christians "the Christian Mob" and "nazis" and bringing up Freedom of Religion and from religious persecution, though all they did was bash Christians. But it really bothered me, after lurking here all night, that there were no well-versed Christians debating, and nobody sticking up for God... cry ...o.o...(goes and creates an account JUST to comment) YES. I corrected them, but LOVINGLY, which took me FOREVER. It would've been SO easy just to grind all their faces in the dirt, but that wouldn't be cool with God. And it would make me the hypocrite they assume me to be!! HAHA!!

o.o ^^ Thank you for bringing this to our attention, moonbeam-san! I had no idea!

Viviane_neechan

Blessed Codger

Blood Stained Love Sory

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:49 pm
Wow.
I saw it and wow.
I thought..it was kinda weird.
I thought they were doing something wrong.
But then this guy corrected me.
I'm still confused you know.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:07 pm
Nice Rhyme try a long
one like This: God is watching over Me,
and Mistook Me for a Tree,
I was really sad and Cried,
Because I Accidently Lied,
Now I run and Hide,
Because of The Time..............
That I lied.  

Enkou Jihn

Ursine Shapeshifter

7,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Trix Starlight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:15 am
That was really creppy! Really really creepy!

Also, why on Earth is America supposed to be God's nation?!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:47 pm
I'm watching it as we speak (type?) and well, I have mixed feelings on it.

Some of the stuff made me laugh, like the praying over the powerpoint and microphones- we all know how those things mess up.

And in some ways it's like camps I've been too only not nearly a scary. I dunno, the whole speaking in toungues things kind of just... isn't my thing. At all. I'll have to watch a little more (I'm pretty early into the movie).

Ugh, they started talking about the devil. I hate it when people blame everything on the devil. TAKE RESPONSIBILITIES FOR YOUR OWN ACTION PEOPLE.

I dunno, maybe you only need like... on twentieth of the Jesus Camp they're giving them in the film.

Either way, fascinating.

OMG, THEY JUST OPENED THE HARRY POTTER CAN OF WORMS.

freelance lover
Crew

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 pm
I haven't seen it, but it sounds scary. Maybe we should pray about it. cry  
Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]