Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Multimedia
Anime/manga <-WTF. Not emo! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:26 pm
Yes, I know some of you are going, anime is so not emo. It's for nerds. You're a loser Matt. Go cut yourself. (My name's Matt, not to be confused with any other Matts in the guild. Xp . Yes, I do like to talk in third person.)

But that's not going ot shut me up, 'cause I don't give a s**t about people like you. : D

Well, if you aren't blind, you can tell from my picture in my signature that I'm ******** Asian. An asian "emo", weird.

But anyway, since I've been seeing talk of Naruto going 'round and Relik-san and I had a converstion on Osamu Tezuka a while ago, why don't we bring it in here.

What are your favorite anime or mangas? (No they don't have to be dark or death filled.)

Why?

Your most hated and why?

And who would you recommend what to?

[b]Favorite anime or mangas:[/b]
[b]Why:[/b]
[b]Most Hated:[/b]
[b]Why:[/b]
[b]Recommend to:[/b]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:36 pm
Favorite anime or mangas: Tenchi Muyo!, Moldiver, Read or Die, King of Bandit: Jing, Macross (robotech), 3x3 eyes
Why: Tenchi is funny, I like super hero stories like Moldiver, Read or Die is perhaps a pinnicle of anime yet to be reached, King of Bandit because Yuichi Kurakara's art work pisses over the imaginings of Vasquez, Burton and Dirge combined, Macross because I like giant robots and classy lines (Plus i remember the Robotech series from when I was a kid.), 3x3 eyes was the first foray into Anime and manga for me, it was fantastic who could forget a fake memory world where everyone was a marionette or a flying teddy bear that had an evil laugh.
Most Hated: Loveless, Dragonball, Fate Staynight, Full Metal Alchemist.
Why:Loveles is poorly written and poorly drawn, Dragonball is just unoriginal and doesn't make Toriyama shine (Sandland is much superior), Fate Stay Night and Full Metal Alchemist because of the fans to be honest, they are some of the most pretentious know it all kids that think because they watch those two they know everything about manga and anime.
Recommend to: Guyver (original), Devilman, Hellsing (TV and OVA), Cyberpunk Trilogy (Cyber City oedo 808, Genocyber and A.D. Police), 3x3 eyes and Angel Cop

As you can tell, I know alot on the subject and am passionate about it. :3  

Rellik San
Captain

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:53 pm
Favorite anime or mangas:

Manga
Godchild: This is one of the most beautiful and fan-boy squealing angsty series you'll ever read. I heart it.
Deathnote: I lost interest after volume 7 though. Still I finished it and am still in love with it.
Get Backers: Fun and has its moments of big-breasted cleavage which is fine with me.
Hellsing: Vampires, big a** guns, religion = sweet!

Anime

Full Metal Alchemist: Hands down is one of my favorite animes of all time. It has a great setting, cool characters, awesome plot + character developement. It rocks.
BECK: Cool story about a band. Had fits about a lot of the loose ends but because it was supposed to be the struggles of a real life in a band, I let it slide as being realistic. Lovely music in the shows.
Samurai X: Samurai + swords +undefeatable red head = forever legacy.
Read or Die: It's just awesome. You need to watch to understand.
Initial D: Racing cars, drifting what more can I say, I'm a guy.
Ghost in the Shell: Confusing but awesome
Wolf's Rain: Touching story to me

Most Hated: All that Sailor Moon crap, cute -big eyed animes
Why: CLICHE!
Recommend: For all that is good in the world watch 3x3 eyes, Hellsing, can't think right now... will finish later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:56 pm
June_Tears
Favorite anime or mangas:

Manga
Godchild: This is one of the most beautiful and fan-boy squealing angsty series you'll ever read. I heart it.
Deathnote: I lost interest after volume 7 though. Still I finished it and am still in love with it.
Get Backers: Fun and has its moments of big-breasted cleavage which is fine with me.
Hellsing: Vampires, big a** guns, religion = sweet!

Anime

Full Metal Alchemist: Hands down is one of my favorite animes of all time. It has a great setting, cool characters, awesome plot + character developement. It rocks.
BECK: Cool story about a band. Had fits about a lot of the loose ends but because it was supposed to be the struggles of a real life in a band, I let it slide as being realistic. Lovely music in the shows.
Samurai X: Samurai + swords +undefeatable red head = forever legacy.
Read or Die: It's just awesome. You need to watch to understand.
Initial D: Racing cars, drifting what more can I say, I'm a guy.
Ghost in the Shell: Confusing but awesome

Most Hated: All that Sailor Moon crap, cute -big eyed animes
Why: CLICHE!
Recommend: For all that is good in the world watch 3x3 eyes, Hellsing, can't think right now... will finish later.

You've seen 3x3 eyes *swoon* eek  

Rellik San
Captain

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:05 pm
Of course. I went through a whole fantasy adventure anime phase a few years back. Then that one series killed it for me. What was it called? Where these teens had the powers of astrnomical signs? Damnit, I can't remember.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:09 pm
June_Tears
Of course. I went through a whole fantasy adventure anime phase a few years back. Then that one series killed it for me. What was it called? Where these teens had the powers of astrnomical signs? Damnit, I can't remember.
SAINT SEIYA! lol, crap anime I love the original opening though.  

Rellik San
Captain

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:13 pm
RIGHT! The Knights of the Zodiac. Wow, they were like wrestlers in plastic animal masks. Ridiculous. I don't remember how the opening goes. I should go look it up.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:16 pm
June_Tears
RIGHT! The Knights of the Zodiac. Wow, they were like wrestlers in plastic animal masks. Ridiculous. I don't remember how the opening goes. I should go look it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px2zX-M2alQ

Lol, I've watched it for about 7 years. I kinda like it as crap as it is, it was produced in co-operation with france I believe.  

Rellik San
Captain

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:18 pm
Anime:Ah, My Goddess, Bleach, Decendents Of Darkness, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Naruto[Japanese], FLCL, Dragon Ball, MAR, and Monster Rancher/Farmer

Manga:DNAngel.[Duh], Chobits, Naruto, A Midnight Opera, FLCL, .//Hack, and Furuba[Fruits Baskett]
Why: There all different. And they've got me hooked.
Mosted HatedYu-Gi-Oh, DBGT, DBZ, OnePeice, and, Tokyo Mew Mew.
Recomended:FLCL, A Midnight Opera, Monster Rancher, and DNAngel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:21 pm
Rellik San
June_Tears

Lol, I've watched it for about 7 years. I kinda like it as crap as it is, it was produced in co-operation with france I believe.

Oh my gosh, I forgot the main character was the Pegasus. Geez... *cough* The opening is actually not as bad as I would expect. It's actually quite good for older school. France? Lol.  

Placeo

tamachan414

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm
Favorite anime or mangas: I like Confidential confessions, Inuyasha, Angel's sanctuary, Bobobo, Fushigi Yugi, XXX Holic, Tsubasa, Trigun, Keroro Gunso, Saiyuki
Why: idk, i like them because i dooooo....I like Confidential Confessions, because when i'm in a bad mood i read it and then i cry. I like Inuyasha sometimes......I like Angel's Sanctuary because it's a good plot, and a good love story also makes me cry. I like Bobobo because it's on crack. I like Fushigi Yugi because it's a good story....I like Keroro Gunso because it is so adorable. I like Saiyuki because it's a good story and i love Goku and the blood
Most Hated: i don't really hate any...
Why: don't
Recommend to: Saiyuki. it's my best manga, and the anime's good. and Goku is so god damn adorable.. and the blood is kool, and it looks yummy!!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:22 pm
DaisukeOrDark
Anime:Ah, My Goddess, Bleach, Decendents Of Darkness, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Naruto[Japanese], FLCL, Dragon Ball, MAR, and Monster Rancher/Farmer

Manga:DNAngel.[Duh], Chobits, Naruto, A Midnight Opera, FLCL, .//Hack, and Furuba[Fruits Baskett]
Why: There all different. And they've got me hooked.
Mosted HatedYu-Gi-Oh, DBGT, DBZ, OnePeice, and, Tokyo Mew Mew.
Recomended:FLCL, A Midnight Opera, Monster Rancher, and DNAngel.

Holy, when I saw Tokyo Mew Mew on your list, I was about to throw up, but luckily I realized it was on the hated before my comp got messy.  

Placeo

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:24 pm
June_Tears
Rellik San
June_Tears

Oh my gosh, I forgot the main character was the Pegasus. Geez... *cough* The opening is actually not as bad as I would expect. It's actually quite good for older school. France? Lol.
Yeah in the 70's and 80's france and japan worked on shows alot, inclueding Saint Seiya, Battle Cruiser yamato (albator 76 and 84 in france) and a few others. Its happening more and more too, like with Oban Star Racers.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:27 pm
And just what do I have to do with this?  

xdownwithxtheshipx

Placeo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:29 pm
Rellik San
June_Tears
Rellik San
June_Tears

Yeah in the 70's and 80's france and japan worked on shows alot, inclueding Saint Seiya, Battle Cruiser yamato (albator 76 and 84 in france) and a few others. Its happening more and more too, like with Oban Star Racers.

Really? France? What do they know? Wow, I really didn't know any of this. Weird. I mean I know Japan has an addiction to incorporating European culture into manga, anime, and styles but I never knew that.  
Multimedia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff