Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Rude Discussion
I need to go to a ska showwww!!!!!!!! Someone heeeelllppp!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eUAjwe4K

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:11 pm
Hey you guys. I seriously need to find a ska show around my area. I have not been to a gig since the summer. Yes I don't know how I'm alive today. Can someone give me any idea what bands to search for? Or if anyone knows about a show near by me please tell?
I live near Pontiac, Michigan.
THANKS!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:20 pm
Sorry I cant help you, Connecticut is having a lil wave of sick shows and I'm kicking it off this weekend by going to 3 floors of ska in New York! The skatalites are playing and I'm so excited I could throw a midget!  

Kingshortpants

King Of The Ska
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:21 pm
Kingshortpants
Sorry I cant help you, Connecticut is having a lil wave of sick shows and I'm kicking it off this weekend by going to 3 floors of ska in New York! The skatalites are playing and I'm so excited I could throw a midget!

You are going to have some fun there. I have a friend in New York who is going. She is the coolest girl ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:10 pm
Very cool, its been a while since I've been to a show in New York I wonder how many kids I'll know there doesnt matter cuz I'm gunna skank with all of them!  

Kingshortpants

eUAjwe4K

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:48 pm
DAMn you people! I cant go all the way to NY I'm only 17 and my rents would never let me go...even though you guys never suggested it. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 pm
Well, if you can get to Saginaw, you could always go to a stamp'd show.  

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:31 am
My mom is forcing me to drive to boston in 2 weeks to see Anti-flag and Big-D dont get me wrong I'd go to the show probly if it was closer but I really dont feel like driving hours to see 1 band I like and a bunch of others.... Stupid lil sister.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm
I wouldn't mind driving 2 hours to see Big D, almost any good show is at least that far from my college  

Iggy Celtic

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:25 pm
I've seen Big D 20 minutes from my house before though and ever since there last CD there shows have been awful. Oh well they better play Jeremy.

That sucks that you live so far away from a good venue, Now that I'm in college I'm 15 minutes away from a decent venue its not great but I do get a lot of ska every once in a while.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:25 am
I went to a show at Clutch Cargoes and that is in Pontiac. And I went to one in Flint. Thats it. I seriously need to get myself out more.  

eUAjwe4K

C L A Ms

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:54 am
SKA is dieing man ....

We need to revive that ******** dude

Ska on baby ~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:43 am
damn straight  

Iggy Celtic

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:24 pm
The death of ska is mainly on people who dont know how to dance and the kids who mosh and ska-core. Ska-core had potential but all the bands who did it well are either gone or just sold out and now its awful. (Just my opinion and what I've seen you might have some good stuff near you.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:45 pm
Kingshortpants
The death of ska is mainly on people who dont know how to dance and the kids who mosh and ska-core. Ska-core had potential but all the bands who did it well are either gone or just sold out and now its awful. (Just my opinion and what I've seen you might have some good stuff near you.)
agreed but the best local ska band i have heard around me is stamp'd and all of there shows are an hour and a half away from me. My god I HAVE to get that driving lisence.  

eUAjwe4K

eUAjwe4K

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:49 pm
I like how I tend to be usually the only girl around thats devoted to ska. I mean, at Clutch Cargoes I was at a RBF, and streetlight concert and we had a HUGE circle of people with arms around eachothers shoulders just skanking. And I was the only girl. I think thats to my biggest high-light of being at ska shows.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff