Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
New question, about love Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:15 pm
I had a vision last night. It was a girl, at first, I could only make out her eyes. They were full of love, and such things that seem impossible in this world and suddenly I felt something I have never felt before and it was toward this person. We had a connection that left me breathless and when I could see her mouth she smiled and I felt joy like never before. I think I am in love, the problem is I never saw her whole face. So, my question is can someone fall in love with someone they have never met?
(Please ignore the posts untill the one hat says starts here)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:55 pm
little tiny white things? Very bright?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Wings Akimbo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:25 am
Maybe yoy're just a late bloomer in the terms of seeing spirits?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:06 am
What exactly were you practicing? Were the dots moving randomly or in some sort of a pattern, or did they follow your line of sight? The light or dust conditions wherever you were might effect what you see, or it could be a reaction from your eyes if they were tired or something like that. I'd try to rule out any mundane environmental or physiological phenomena before wondering if you're seeing spirits.

Like in ghost photography, orbs of energy are a common sign of spirit activity but they can also be the result of something as simple as dust in front of a camera lens.

ETA: Entoptic phenomena might be a good place to start, and here's the page on orbs with some photos of what dust and water droplets can look like in various situations. I'm not saying that you haven't seen anything paranormal, but there are numerous possible explanations for optical phenomena and might otherwise explain what you saw.

I hope this helps, I've seen dots of light lots of times but never really attributed them to anything.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:06 am
Thanks AA, I was looking for the name of "Entoptic Phenomena".  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:47 pm
Please start here  

Aki Norikaeru

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:07 pm
For a start- you are allowed to make new topics.

Now for the onslaught of questions:

How do you know this vision wasn't generated by your imagination and your emotional attachment a function of you being very lonely and having a desperate need to belong?

If she is a real person, what does having the vision matter until you find her?

How do you know (if she is a real person) that your feelings will lead to a healthy relationship?

If she is a non-corporeal being- how do you know her intentions are good?

In short- there are five obvious possibilities with the situation:

Either she is corporeal, non-corporeal or a figment of your imagination: and baring her being a figment: her intentions are good or they are bad.

However, none of this actually matters until you create a relationship with this girl if she does exist.

Think of it this way: Playboy Bunnies are meant to project a sense of allure in their pictures- if this girl from your vision was a Playboy Bunny, would you be so concerned with falling in love with her before you met her?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:16 pm
Awosme! Some questions! I don’t know if it wasn't my imagination or my 'need to belong.' Though, I have to say if it was it was the most vivid my imagination has been in my life. It created a new sensation,(seriously this is totally new to me) one that seems so contridictory it is amazing, it feels like it is its own opposite. To add to that when I said it left me breathless I was serious, even when I 'awoke' I was still breathless, though I wasn't gasping for air or anything. Also, it matters because I was on the verge of declaring I was not to have love, I was only to help a people without getting to know them, I would have shut myself off from even the possibility. Now, at least I feel like I KNOW she is out there. Also, her eyes showed me to be the center of her joy, which could lean either way. The weird thing is a can admit that this being, giving that she is not a figment, might only want to do me harm but I can't believe it. Finally, are there really beings that would try and luring someone in using such emotions? If the intentions are bad it must be worse than any devil I know of because those eyes were so pure and full of love it hurts in an indescribable way.
(I know but you already have 19 pages of dead topics)  

Aki Norikaeru

Annalixa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:27 am
But editing the OP destroys the context and continuity of a previous discussion. You could at least have just posted a new post with this experience, if you didn't want to make a new thread....eh.

Anyway, I refer you to The King--

Elvis Presley

You look like an angel
Walk like an angel
Talk like an angel
But I got wise
You're the devil in disguise

Not to immediately insist that what you saw was necessarily ill-intentioned, but you've had such little experience with her so far that you can't write it off yet.

Given that you said you saw her just as you were going to declare that you're not to have love in your life...think on this. Is that actually what you want? How old are you, and what's happened that you were going to decide that about yourself? Because that's a pretty grand statement to make. I do think it's a strong possibility that she might have been a manifestation of your desire for love/strong rejection of the premise that you're not to have love in your life.

But I am not an expert in A) psychology or B) non-corporeal entities. Just my initial thoughts on reading your post.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:37 am
Do you think that it could have been a spirit that was drawn to you in some way?  

jaden kendam

Aki Norikaeru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:51 pm
Quote:
I do think it's a strong possibility that she might have been a manifestation of your desire for love/strong rejection of the premise that you're not to have love in your life.

I thought that might be a possibility but it must be my unconscious decision that I should look for love for it to create an emotion I have never felt before to convince me. Also, my practice made me look at events as what happened what will happen, and why; its made me very indiferent. So, I, at one point, started thinking that if I continued to become so detached that I should not know love for the pain it might cause the person I fell in love with. Also, I doubt it was a spirit.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm
Aki Norikaeru
Quote:
I do think it's a strong possibility that she might have been a manifestation of your desire for love/strong rejection of the premise that you're not to have love in your life.

I thought that might be a possibility but it must be my unconscious decision that I should look for love for it to create an emotion I have never felt before to convince me. Also, my practice made me look at events as what happened what will happen, and why; its made me very indiferent. So, I, at one point, started thinking that if I continued to become so detached that I should not know love for the pain it might cause the person I fell in love with. Also, I doubt it was a spirit.

The way you speak of this aloofness indicates that you think of it as a negative thing. It sounds very possible that your brain, consciously or subconsciously, said, "******** this detachment thing - I want connection, damnit." It doesn't seem as if you needed to be convinced that you didn't really want to be detached. It seems more that you needed to be reassured that it was possible for you to find that connection.

I think that's the important thing about this whole experience. If she's a real person and you end up meeting her in real life and fall in love and have thirteen lovely children, that's cool. If you meet her in real life and only talk to her once, that's fine. Even if she is some sort of spirit and isn't something 'good' - well, deal with it when it comes. The important thing is that you understand that if you want connection, you can have it. No matter what happens with this, don't lose that.

...Wow, that sounded sappy. I'm gonna go say '********' a few times. Clean out my system.  

Kalyani Srijoi

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces