Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Puddum's Weight Loss Adventures Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:03 am
All right, I already introduced myself but for those of you who didn't read the New Members thread, here are my stats:

Height: 5'2"
CW: 118
LW: 113
HW: 142 over a year ago
GW: 105
Clothing size: 6
Desired clothing size: 4 or 2

I used to be bulimic but I haven't done it since the summer and hopefully I never will again. (By the way, I didn't lose the weight from the disorder. I only lost weight by walking a lot and eating in moderation.)

Nowadays my main problem is the weather and the lack of exercise. I play DDR most nights but I really miss walking around outside. I also binge... a lot. I've signed up for fitday.com so it's helping me so far to control how much I eat because I have to be responsible for my actions.

Anyway, today's problem is the Valentine's Day chocolates I got... I don't know what to do with them. I don't want to stuff myself with them which is what I worry I would do if I open them. I would give them to my friends to eat but I'm worried I would join in.

Another problem for today is this college thing I have to go to. It's gonna be far away in Manhattan (I live in Brooklyn) and it's gonna be cold and there's gonna be food. Initially I'm gonna eat a little for dinner but I can see myself stuffing up on cookies and whatever junk they provide.

Basically I'm worried about how today's gonna end up. I really want to do good today after the last three days.

Feel free to post, gals (and guys?).  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:17 pm
Wow, I did surprisingly well today. I had some macaroni salad and potato salad with some cookies at the college thing and that was it for the rest of the night. I've tabulated the calories I've had all day and the number comes down to 844, which I must say is pretty crazy compared to my usual number.

I hope I do well tomorrow, too!  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 am
Yesterday I was annoyed because after eating so little the previous day I woke up weighing 118- there had been no change. But last night I weighed myself before bed and I was 117.5! And I had eaten a lot more, too. But I had exercised more: I walked 2 miles home from school and played DDR later. I hope I do good today, too.

So far I've Special K cereal with strawberries and soy milk, two metamucil fiber cookies, and an apple. I'm gonna try to ease off the snacking for a while. I'm gonna go for a walk later today with my boyfriend to the nature trail to work on my observation project for english.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:09 am
Bah, I had too many cookies today. But then I played DDR and sweated a lot. My stomach feels a little smaller after I went to the bathroom, but I still feel bad especially since I had been doing so well. I wish it would just be spring already so I could go running and walking outside.

>_<  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:14 am
Argh, shoot me. I overate yesterday and now I'm two pounds heavier.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:08 am
Awww...Just keep going! You can do it!  

spiitze

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:57 am
Thanks. I'm hoping I'll do better today and get back on track. I'm gonna try drinking a lot.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:03 pm
Today probably wasn't the healthiest day because I had a lot of sweet foods (frosted mini wheats twice and a whole bar of dark chocolate) but I also walked about 3 miles and now I'm feeling hyper. I have the feeling I'm gonna get back on track. The warm weather is really helping out.

EDIT: Good news everyone! [/Futurama reference] I weighed myself just now before bed and I'm down to 118.5! So tomorrow I should be 117.5 or so if I get a lot of sleep and do all my crunches before bed. It's the back on track attack! [/lame rhyming skills]

Anyway, I'm noticing a major factor in my binging apart from the poopy weather is the weekend, in general. I get lazy and just watch movies all day long for nigh three days (I get out of school Fridays at 12). On weekdays I walk home summatimes and usually don't get to eat so much all day because of my tight schedule and lack of moneys. So basically, as my boyfriend has told me, I need to focus on the times when temptation is greatest and my will is weakest; so in this case, the weekend. I have to find something to do!

This Saturday I'll be having a major audition that'll determine my life. Well, maybe not. But if I get in I'll get trained in the college's acting program and I'll be part of a bunch of plays. And that naturally leads to an acting career. So, yeah. It's important.

Sunday I'll probably be working on a paper for english but I don't know how long that'll take and how dedicated I will be to it. Which means there may be a chance of pig-outery, so I need to be very careful when the day comes.

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers for a healthy, successful week and a healthier weekend.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:56 pm
Puddum's Foodums:

Breakfast: Small portion of Special K with soy milk (the only kind we have)
Snack: 11 carrots
Lunch: Smallish salad with ranch dressing that I ate very slowly because there was a speaker in the class and I didn't want to make a lot of noise. (I didn't get to eat lunch before class and I was hungry so I ate it there... I don't usually do that, though. I don't like eating in front of my classmates; it makes me feel like a pig. Plus it's kinda disrespectful, in a sense.)
Dinner: A hearty portion (meaning, medium to large) of frosted mini-wheats with soy milk
Snack: A bar of dark chocolate... I'm so bad.

Exercise FTW!
  • Walked two miles from the college to my house.
  • I did like 50 jumping jacks before my shower.

Meuh, I could've done more, but I've busy editing my profile on my class's wiki-page.

FORTUNATELY I weighed myself before the shower and it's 117. ¡Muy excelente! Tomorrow I'm gonna go to the nature trail again after school and then I'm gonna go to my boyfriend's grandmother's house to eat with their family. I hope I don't overeat, but hopefully I'll be able to control myself. Most likely after eating, we kids are gonna head to the basement and play ping pong and wrassle, so that should be some good exercise. Wish me luck, girls!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:04 pm
ARGH. I went over 1000 calories today and I didn't walk around enough. I didn't even eat such healthy things. I had so many sweets. I'm so annoyed.

I just played DDR for like 40 minutes on workout mode and I burned off 226 kCal. I wish I had been better today, though. I'm so annoyed. I just want to get down to 115. I have the feeling once I get to it, everything will get easier. Weekends just really ******** me up.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:47 pm
Today was a repeat of yesterday eatingwise. Basically, I had too much. Bah.

But I played a lot of DDR. I burned off 267 kCal, which is good stuff. I'm actually glad the weekend it over cuz now I'm gonna go back down to a good weight. I should do some jumping jacks and other extra exercises.

Man, I envy all you girls who manage to eat such healthy meals all day long. I feel like all I do is snack. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:50 am
I've been exercising more and more in the evenings, trying to work up a good sweat. Last night I weighed 117 after playing DDR and I was pissed off cuz I had been 116 in the morning and had expected to weigh about the same or less because I had done so well with eating and exercise. This morning however I weighed 115.5! Finally! I just need to keep up the good work and keep going down. It might be hard this weekend because it's Purim, a Jewish holiday on which we eat yummy fruit-filled cookies (haman taschen). I hope I don't overdo it cuz that would suck a lot.  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:31 pm
I binged today and I'm trying to make up for it by jumping on my trampoline. It's really hard not to throw up right now but I'm trying not to because I've made it so far without doing it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:15 pm
Oh, Goddammit!

I had been doing GREAT last week- I got all the way down to 115. Then on the weekend, there was a birthday party and a holiday and since then I've skyrocketed up to 118.5, and I can't seem to lose weight over night like I normally do. Usually I go to sleep and wake up a pound lighter, but now every morning it's the same thing and it's pissing me off. I think we need a new scale, but more importantly, I need to stop eating sweets and exercising more. I've been slacking off because the weather is shitty and my morale is low.

Fortunately, I stayed the same today and didn't go up. I NEED to get back down. I've set my goal to get to 110 by March 25th, and I need it to happen. At least 113... I need to get below 115 and STAY below. Each time I get there I just ******** up and binge and lose all my progress. But this time I can't let myself mess up like that.

Thank goodness the weather is going to improve this week, so now I'll be able to go jogging in the mornings or whenever. Finally!  

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Puddum

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Ugh, I'm at 120. But I'm trying to stay positive. The weather is getting better and now I'm able to go to the college gym. I have to get back on track. I KNOW I can. I did it before and I'll do it again. I just need the will power not to binge.

Tomorrow I'm going on a field trip with my class to Ellis Island where there will be crappy, crappy food and after that I'm going to the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art with my boyfriend. Hopefully, somewhere between Ellis Island and the museum we'll be able to find a healthy place to eat.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff