If they made a new trek... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:25 am
When do you think they should set it in?

My boyfriend were arguning this one last night. If you had to make a new series, what time period would you choose?

I love DS9 so I would love to see a series after the destruction of Cardassia (and so much of the Alpha quadrant) after the dominion wars with everyone trying to rebuild. He likes the Romulans and argues that a series after Enterprise and just before TOS during the Federation-Romulan wars would be really fun. We also though that a series about one of the few remaining ships guarding the federation borders after wolf 359 would be interesting.

So... if you had to choose a new series, when would you set it?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:27 am
Personally, I would set it in the future, after the events of TMG, Voyager and DS9. So that there wouldn't be so many continuity issues. Possible a warship, or another exploratory mission, don't know. But I think that if it was set before TOS there would be too many angry fans yelling "THATS NOT RIGHT!!!!1111one eleven"  

Mitra

Enju Aaman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:07 am
i would love to see a serise that takes place like 2-5 years after voyager, so there can be character refrence overlap from ds9, voyager and TNG (so that they can move forward with set up plots like cardassia and the breen mystery as well as pushing forward a bit from previous series') ... we need a non human commander of captain character already (its been all human all the time) but i dont know where i woudl want it to be placed... star ships are pretty common---a continuation of the war ships maybe... or a planet based series might be interesting but it could wear if it was all on a plant... hmmm science ship (more like voyager style than galaxy class style) hmm...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:23 am
A Science ship is viable, but not interesting.

I say either Klingons, or the Mirror Universe. How did the rebellion turn out? How many more uprisings happened after the rest of teh Quadrant got wind of it?  

Contralto in a Corset

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:45 am
Militant Christian

I say either Klingons, or the Mirror Universe. How did the rebellion turn out? How many more uprisings happened after the rest of teh Quadrant got wind of it?

Mirror universe would be awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:12 am
Lunarflowermaiden
Militant Christian

Mirror universe would be awesome.
yes, it totally would be. I'd like to see them set up a new Government. See all teh struggles and turmoil, as well as the Alliances attempts at breaking it up and throwing everything into dissaray. They've been running with the Federation for too long and it's getting stale. They need to move on to other plotlines, the fans would like to see teh development and background of other Governments, and entirely different rules. Clean Cut and good morals make most of the decisions too easy, let's get a grungy ship with an officer that lives by his wits, and fights dirty!

Why do you think Firefly was such a hit? Hell, even a Pirate ship would work, with it's 'captain' fighting a personal moral war, as well as other long term developments. Too bad the Marquis are gone, they had SO MUCH promise for a series of their own...

Contralto in a Corset

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:46 am
It should be a few years after voyager with mayb a few new races on board.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:40 pm
Vulcans. A show with Vulcans on Vulcan. A soap opera .  

Naphatarie

sensei_ken

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:50 pm
I know that in the past one proposal for a series was based on starfleet acadamy. I'm not sure if this would have worked. Another rumor a long time a ago was a series based on the Star Fleet Diplomatic Corps. Hmmm. We are probably lucky that some of these ideas were left untouched.

My personal favorite would be about a Sectiion 31 series. Something on the lines of:

StarFleet security or someone trying to infiltrate Section 31 to find out what they are up to. Something really big and really bad. Maybe a rogue element in Section 31 trying to do something that threatens the entire Galaxy for personal gain. The series then takes twists and turns that is sort of Alias-ish. Blah, Blah, Blah.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:50 pm
Naphatarie
First Vulcan Nerve Pinch transmitted through Cable. You immediately pass unconscious at any attempt to sit through an episode.  

Contralto in a Corset

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:05 pm
Militant Christian
Naphatarie
First Vulcan Nerve Pinch transmitted through Cable. You immediately pass unconscious at any attempt to sit through an episode.
AWESOME!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:52 pm
DEFINANTLEY future. I think it would rock if they had time travel, though that would make the episodes incredibly complex. We know the Federation develops time travel (Voy episodes Future's End and Relativity, for example) so that'd be possible too.  

narabinai

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:32 pm
Naphatarie
You really love vulcans don't ya.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:45 pm
goddess_oraorchid
Naphatarie
You really love vulcans don't ya.
yeah. I do. I'm obsessed.  

Naphatarie

Otomaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:58 am
I think it should be set on Enterprise-J, before during and after, the battle for the expanse. And the security/tactical officer should be a Xindi reptilian, that would be hilarious.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff