View Results

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:03 am
what is your view on online dating? because mine is a little off right now and i don't know what exactly to think.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:05 am
i posted in the general discusion before, so here is the link if you want to read more about the subject.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=7810627

^ that's it!  

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500

cheesefansmile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:47 pm
it really depends on the preson and if they can handle not being this person  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:54 pm
Online dating ISN'T good. You know, 15-year-old Ben (this is just an expression) who lives in California could be a 40-year-old rapist who lives in Idaho. It never really works out.  

inulover4

pixiefairy91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:35 pm
Online dating is bad, you never really know the person!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:26 pm
It's dangerous. The person on the other end might not be who they really are to be. Go ahead, date, but don't ge carried away.  

inowa123

Raven Mitah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:41 pm
I once dated someone online. It got to the point that I could trust who he said he was, and I was even able to go visit him when I was willing to make the 6 hour drive. It's hard though, because at first it's really hard to tell if they are who they say they are. It's also hard to tell if they really mean what they feel. It all depends on you. If you had a doubt about it, and it made you say no, then stick with that decision. Online dating isn't easy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:52 pm
bad idea cuz not only will u probably never see the person face to face, ull probably wanna snuggle or hug the person but u can only do it virtually.

plus, u never REALLY know who ur talking to. eek  

Dobutsu Nushi

Lilli Ann Hunter

Loyal Genius

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:03 pm
xXRubixCubeXx
what is your view on online dating? because mine is a little off right now and i don't know what exactly to think.

Never Date ONLINE! It's not SAFE!!!
User Image

Dating online is way too dangerous, as in you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of danger.

i.e. Fake Love: Well it is quite common that to some people online dating and marriages are a form of escape from reality.

The love you might feel will be real, but in all practicality, it's impossible to live it through, because it's only mentally gratifying. The mental high is fantastic, but it's also unreal, and feeds only the fantasy or the "love dream"... and makes you look at real life a bit distortedly. Real life romances can be so much sweeter, but because your mental image of romance is distorted or magnified with your online love, that makes reality a paler shade compared to what's in your head.

Beyond that, there's those who feed on people's emotions. In real life they don't get enough love or affection so they create this fantasy for someone else to fall for, and it's like a spider wooing the fly... Feeding your love dream so they will get your emotions. The force that is in it is phenomenal. A person can really pull all your strings in an online romance...

The biggest danger is not that the online "wonderful creature" is not sexy or appealing in real life... But that they can really be sadistic and power hungry, and the online romance feeds their greed for emotions that should ony be present in a real life relationship, which they can't handle.

Real life relationships are big responsibilities. Online Love allows the people involved to excape accountability for the things they do. They can cheat on you in real life and you won't know it, because you only know them online.

But the worst of the dangers would have to be... what if the other person is the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper???

Would your love be strong enough?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:49 am
personally i don't believe in it, besides you never know that the person behind the other computer is telling the truth, they may say things that sound good, but no matter what you don't know who they really are, and i just think it would be complicated. i personally don't believe in it i prefer real world dating.  

Revolution4AGeneration

Raven_Roses8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:32 pm
BE CAREFUL! you can get burned badly with online dating. it's worked before, my best friend is married now to a girl he met online 10 years ago, and another couple i know are now engaged, but be careful, you can get burned or stalked.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:09 am
I did it and now I look back and I really only think I was in love with the idea of love and wanting someone, not the actual person.

Plus I had a few great friends online and my dad let them visit me cuz he had full 24/7 suppervision of it all(one from England who was my best friend and another from Texas who I didn't know so well). They were so different online than in person. I ended up becoming best friends with the guy who wasn't and became distant with the guy who was my best friend.
you just don't really know the person till you meet them. Its weird. Online you can be whoever you want to be. They can change what they say just to please you but really they're not like that.

PixieofDestruction

BK Crown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:51 am
inulover4
Online dating ISN'T good. You know, 15-year-old Ben (this is just an expression) who lives in California could be a 40-year-old rapist who lives in Idaho. It never really works out.

Unless they're able to you know, prove it confused We're not ALL morons who fall for people who use pictures they find on modeling sites.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:18 am
Online dating is the future. (o^-')b

I mean, before internet
The only people you would meet were the ones in your neighborhood & school & clubs/bars. So you'd be restricted to your own country. Excluding vacation & summer love.

Now, you are able to talk to people worldwide.
Broaden your horizons :]

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:42 am
Jirou Hotaru
xXRubixCubeXx

Never Date ONLINE! It's not SAFE!!!
User Image

Dating online is way too dangerous, as in you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of danger.

i.e. Fake Love: Well it is quite common that to some people online dating and marriages are a form of escape from reality.

The love you might feel will be real, but in all practicality, it's impossible to live it through, because it's only mentally gratifying. The mental high is fantastic, but it's also unreal, and feeds only the fantasy or the "love dream"... and makes you look at real life a bit distortedly. Real life romances can be so much sweeter, but because your mental image of romance is distorted or magnified with your online love, that makes reality a paler shade compared to what's in your head.

Beyond that, there's those who feed on people's emotions. In real life they don't get enough love or affection so they create this fantasy for someone else to fall for, and it's like a spider wooing the fly... Feeding your love dream so they will get your emotions. The force that is in it is phenomenal. A person can really pull all your strings in an online romance...

The biggest danger is not that the online "wonderful creature" is not sexy or appealing in real life... But that they can really be sadistic and power hungry, and the online romance feeds their greed for emotions that should ony be present in a real life relationship, which they can't handle.

Real life relationships are big responsibilities. Online Love allows the people involved to excape accountability for the things they do. They can cheat on you in real life and you won't know it, because you only know them online.

But the worst of the dangers would have to be... what if the other person is the reincarnation of Jack the Ripper???

Would your love be strong enough?

Alright, I understand that SOME online relationships aren't good, and I get the whole 'distortion of real life thing' but trust me, I date all of the time, both real life and internet (yes sir i've done both, but not at the same time) now you see, if a real life relationship can be so much sweeter, and in your mind an online relationship is great then explain to me how they could feel so much different, because I really must know, I'm only 12 but I probably understand the human mind better than a psychiatrist so you can say whatever u want to but in all actuality it's not much different

and as for the reinarnation of jack the ripper bullshit, ive NEVER been in a relationship liek that, trust me, everyone ive online dated i have MET in real life AFTER a while of conevsation and been just fine

Now I understand that there are forty year old pervs jacking off to every word his little 13 year old beauty queen is saying, so I always take necessary precautions, I bring friends along, MULTIPLE friends, as in two or three, we hang out, and sometime, more love connections form, so now all im gonna say to you is online date for a while and then get your facts straight  
Advice & Academic Studies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff