Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Manga][General] Your favorite BL Mangaka? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yo_Landa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:59 pm
For those of you who don't know, a mangaka is the writer/artist of a manga. For example, the mangaka of Love Hina is Ken Akamatsu. The mangaka of Inuyasha is Rumiko Takahashi.

There are so many good ones out there, it's hard to pick a favorite! However, I'm currently most obsessed with Sakuragi Yaya and Haruka Minami!

Sakuragi Yaya does a lot of the emo, distraught manga's with little or no sexual contact. It more focuses on the development of the relationship and barriers such as responsibilities and the thoughts of others. Of hers, I most enjoyed 'Junjou Karen' and 'Koi Cha no Osahou'. Beautiful artwork, as well ^__^.

Haruka Minami is completely different from Sakuragi Yaya. She likes to do lots of graphic sex scenes. Her stories usually involve non-consentual sex and/or one person taking advantage of another. Her art style is gorgeous and you can't help but fall in love with her cute little uke's and her pretty seme's. I loved 'Sweet' and 'Honey Boys Spiral'.

What are some of the favorites of yours?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:56 am
I.. haven't actually read anything by her that's actually BL, but I'd have to say Fumi Yoshinaga. Her characters are so real and believable, and she doesn't fall into any of the really obvious cliches that I've seen. Well, that I've noticed, anyway. Again, I haven't read any of her true BL stories.

AND HER ART. heart  

Skizzors
Crew

Yo_Landa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:00 pm
Sweet ^__^

Yeah, I mostly judge by art, I think. However, really shallow stories don't work that well >.> I'm not a big fan of cliche's either. Haruka Minami does have her fair share, though...ah, oh well. Her art's AWESOME, so...

^___^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:52 am
I can't deicede.. but I simply adore Sumomo Yumeka's style of art, her boys are so pretty and their expressions are lovely :3 heart
But I also think I need to read more BL mangas sweatdrop  

Hybrid Hallow

Yo_Landa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:44 pm
Ah yes, the pretty boys... Always a good factor ^__^ The artists I like don't tend yo draw their uke's TOO much like girls (except Minami...>>) Sakuragi Yaya's uke's and seme's don't look too different...a bit bigger in the eye area for the uke's though >.>  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:23 pm
Sumomo Yumeka.. I love her art, but her stories make my brain scream in boredom. D: It's all just like "... ... ... hey.. ... ... love is all ... yeah ... look, sky! ..." But her art is great.

Yo_Landa
Ah yes, the pretty boys... Always a good factor ^__^ The artists I like don't tend yo draw their uke's TOO much like girls (except Minami...>>) Sakuragi Yaya's uke's and seme's don't look too different...a bit bigger in the eye area for the uke's though >.>
I hate that style where the ukes are like three times smaller than the semes, all wispy and light-haired and weak.. and the semes look like friggin' bodyguards x:  

Skizzors
Crew

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:49 am
A lot of my favorite mangaka aren't really BL creators. At least not always intentionally. wink Kazushi Hagiwara is probably my favorite shounen manga creator. His art is just so very detailed and his stories are crazy and interesting. They’re full of zany, interesting characters. b*****d!! Destructive God of Darkness probably has the best anti hero of all time. And is one of my favorite stories ever.

Kazuya Minekura (known for Gensōmaden Saiyūki) is another one of my favorite mangaka. I'm not exactly in love with her art style but I do love the stories and her characters. I love the way she writes men and their relationship with each other. She has a way of set up scenes that is simply amazing. And I love how darn slashy that Saiyuki is without even trying. XD

Akino Matsuri and Akimi Yoshida I love for both art style and plot. As well as hintyness. Both mangaka have this way of making you lose yourself in the worlds they created and their amazing art. They also have this thing about fan services. Though a lot of times you wonder if it‘s really more than just fan services. >3 Akino Matsuri did Pet Shop of Horrors and Akimi Yoshida did Banana Fish. Both series will forever have a place inside my heart.

As for straight up BL, my favorites would have to be Bohra Naono and Kodaka Kazuma. Both have beautiful art styles and they have a tendency to draw men who look like men! Not to mention Kodaka Kazuma's Kizuna has one of my favorite BL couples of all time, Masa and Kai!! heart heart I love these mangaka for the variety of stories they write, for the gorgeous art and interesting looking character. With them, there is no standard mold of character they keep working from. I love Bohra Naono for disregarding the height rule, the age rule and just-about-any-other rule and for her cute, sweet stories. Moment will probably always be one of my favorite BL short stories.

I will buy/read anything these people have written. I don't even have to know what it's about. All I have to see is their name on the cover and I will get it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:26 pm
Haha, that reminds me of a one-shot that I read once with a cute little uke who got REALLY tall (taller than his poor seme) and got all freaked out over it. The seme still loved him, though (yay for seme!). It was adorable ^__^ <3  

Yo_Landa

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:05 am
I'm undecided between Yamane Ayano and Takashima Kazusa. Their artwork is beautiful! heart

And I also love Youka Nitta, the mangaka of Haru Wo Daiteita. THAT ROCKS! ^o^

Also Mamiya Oki. Has anyone ever seen her work? Her bishies are prettyful! 4laugh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:40 pm
Yo_Landa
Haha, that reminds me of a one-shot that I read once with a cute little uke who got REALLY tall (taller than his poor seme) and got all freaked out over it. The seme still loved him, though (yay for seme!). It was adorable ^__^ <3

Sounds familiar. What's the name of the one-shot?  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

O r a l F ii x a t i o n

Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:45 pm
Ryo Takagi 3nodding heart

She's the mangaka of One Night Lesson and Oujisama Game, though not very popular, her artwork is beautiful (especially her coloured works). The poses that she draws the characters in are very sexy and her style of art is very neat and proportioned. Seme is sexy and uke is cute and adorable. She tends to create a collection of one-shots and create an omake at the end where they all meet.

whee heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:08 pm
I'm a big fan of You Higuri. Her artwork in Gorgeous Carat and Gakuen Heaven is just beautiful  

Baked-Not Fried

Yo_Landa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:02 pm
LadyNox
Yo_Landa

Sounds familiar. What's the name of the one-shot?

Urk--I can't remember the name...I'm pretty sure it was by Sakuragi Yaya, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:17 pm
Im a big fan of Sumomo Yumeka.. and Toko Kawai.. and Makoto Tateno...
biggrin  

irori

Eternal Bookworm

BadLuckGravi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:24 pm
I just bought "Almost Crying" and I have to say I Mako Takahashi is my new favorite artist (although everybody over 18 still looks like they're five, It just makes it even cuter!^.^) ...next to the manga-ka who did "Lost Boys"...I forget her name...

Sadly I used to like Maki Murakami (gravitation and Kanpai) but her art has changed so much since the beginning of Gravi, now all the characters look the same (and Shu-chan looks like a girl! )

<(^.^<) (>^.^)>  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games