View Results

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:24 pm
i like meeting people but not the fact that i can't talk to them face to face, see who they are. am i wrong? i don;t know about online dating and if it works or not.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:38 pm
is online dating ok, i mean, does it work or dosn't is? how do you know if you really kow the person? is it weird?  

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:49 pm
Myself, I'd never online date, but my friend did. Many times... He got dumped every time, the loser. It didn't work out for him, and I never heard the end of it... sweatdrop Of course, my friend is weird, and arranged marriages to each of online girlfriends, and even sent one a ring. He earned the nickname H.P.B. for that. xd The problem is, that you'll never know who it is, for they can easily lie about who they are. But that's just my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:53 pm
Really? I say yes and no. Most yes though, for the fact I found the love of my life through an online game known as Furcadia.

Yes, for the fact that you can find people with your interests a lot easier, and people are willing to listen to you more than they might be willing through real life. You can be more social, and such.

Although, no, for the fact that a lot of times, you can meet someone who is lying to you and making things up, it's safer for people to cheat on other people. Really, I think cheating is wrong and shouldn't ever been done. Also, if you meet the person you're in love with, you might end up finding out you don't like them at all, because on the computer most people act differently. I only know a few people who don't act different, one of them including myself.

Martyrize

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:01 pm
I'm kinda paranoid, so I don't trust many people... So, online dating is out of the question for me. Mainly because so many people act completely different online, including my friend. (Myself, I'm just as quirky in real life as I am here) xd  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:58 am
i have a friend who has been through 2 or more boyfriends online and she makes a big deal about every one of them and i can only think that she is going to get hurt again. she has one now and she is all "i'm soooooooo in love!" and i'm all "how can you be in love with someone you have never met?" yes online is ine thing but i would like to meet them face to face yaknow?, mabey that is only mee. Oh well.  

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500

xXRubixCubeXx

Amorous Streaker

17,350 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Master Converter 500
  • Wry Dealer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 am
i am asking b/c someone who i have been talking with asked me out online and i said no, but i don;t know if that was right of me to do. i really like him, but is he real, ya know?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:15 pm
Just trust yourself. Do you think he's lying?  

Shryle
Crew

manga_lover529

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:30 pm
online dating ish wierd eek  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:09 pm
Yeah, I think so also. But it seems to work for some people. neutral  

Shryle
Crew

Dust Remover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:53 pm
well do what ever you want
but dont get mad at me if you fall in love and it the person you fall in love with breaks up with you
thats happened to me on an online game before and i learned to not really trust guys online when they say "i love you"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm
Not all guys are bad, you know. But here's a question: how can you really love someone that you've never met, seen, or really know who s/he is? confused  

Shryle
Crew

Dust Remover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:46 pm
MaximumMoose
Not all guys are bad, you know. But here's a question: how can you really love someone that you've never met, seen, or really know who s/he is? confused

yeah i could agree with that  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:48 pm
There's this boy that I've been talking to online for about three months now. We're not really dating, but we consider one another "significant". We've both got webcams, so we're pretty sure that one another exists... we've seen one another's parents... and we've sent some stuff through snail mail... so I'm pretty sure he's real, and he's pretty sure I'm real. [Oh, and we've also talked over the phone several times...]

Eventually we plan on meeting one another. Probably this summer vacation. [He lives like 5 states away...]

I don't know how much of an emotional attatchment I have for him though. He's intellectual and all that attractive jazz, I'm just not sure about how I feel about him emotionally. [I'm still a bit of a flirt at school, but there aren't really any guys that I'm willing to date at school, so yeah.] That's part of the reason why we're going to meet up--I want to give him a chance. See what he's really like.

Before him, I was totally anti-internet boyfriend girlfriend relationships... and I'm still somewhat that way. I don't know how he is in "reality", so I can't say whether or not I like him in that way.

But if you don't have a webcam or anything like that, you definitely can't be too careful about the other person, so watch your back.

I don't really know if that helped or not, but that's just my input. If you have no real way of verifying his location or age or anything like that without giving him any of your important information, then you can't completely trust him. You don't want to end up flirting with a 55 year old man when you're 15 years old. gonk

[Eh... so pretty much, that's a "no" to online dating. Online meeting is okay, but not "dating."]  

staindfanforever

NYANEKO

Invisible Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:21 am
My friends' parents met online.  
Serious Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items