Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Plot Predictions Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who will die this time?
Ron and/or Hermionie
24%
 24%  [ 14 ]
Hagrid and/or Mcgonagall
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Neville and/or Luna
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Harry and/or Fudge
25%
 25%  [ 15 ]
Ginny and/or Snape
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Lupin and/or Tonks
17%
 17%  [ 10 ]
Mr. and/or Ms. Weasly
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 58

Storm_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 pm
I have pulled out my trusty (er... not so trusty) Quija Board, and asked it what will happen in book 7. Here is what it said:

Ron and Hermione = Couple
Neville and Luna = Couple
Neville dies
Hagrid Lives
Dumbeldore never died (JKR said 'he's not coming back.' How can he come back if he never went anywhere?)
Snape is against Voldemort and will have a hand in his downfall, but is one of the grey-area characters. Not quite evil, but not quite good either.
Harry will not die in the end
Hagrid may or may not die

It said a few other things that I cannot remember right now, but thats pretty much all I asked it. It's a fun game, but rather unreliable. It told me 'you are yay' when I asked it what it thought of me.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:28 pm

• Ron and Hermione will get together.

• Ginny will follow Harry even though he doesn't want her to.

• Harry will be a highschool dropout. <-- xd (Meaning he won't go back to school.

• They will visit many hollows

• Somehow Harry and the gang will end up staying at Sirius' old place. (They need a place to stay)

• Sirius will come back. (HE NEVER DIED!!!!!)

• McGongall will be the best headmistress ever.

• They will go to Bill and Fleur's wedding.

• They will go to Godric Hollow

And that's about all I've got so far. >.<  

CutesieBubbles

xXShigure_SohmaXx

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:24 pm
Personally, I have a strong suspicion that Ron's going to die. That's just me, so don't take it personal (so~o many people have yelled at me for that) Here's my thinking: Harry and Voldemort are battling it out and seriously, the evil side has already claimed Sirius and Dumbledore (double crying ) so it would be like, the last straw for Harry if Ron's bites it.

Anywho, I hope that Snape gets it as well. I don't like him at all. I also hope Harry gets to beat up Malfoy a little bit too, it would make me feel better.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:47 pm
In my opinion, I think that Ron and Hermione are gonna die. Snape and Ginny have a chance about dying as well. But Harry, he's definitely dying.  

Angel Terra

mage_justarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:16 am
I'm guessing that Harry and Voldemort will die!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:17 am
I've hered ruomesrs that the last word of the last chaper on the last page for this final book will be the word "scar" But its just a rumer  

KendraMiko

RyaniTenebrae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:54 am
Actually, as far as I know, that is a confirmed rumor. Also confirmed, by J.K. Rowling, is that at least two major characters will die. We have also been told that Harry's eyes being green is a vital plot point, as is the fact that Dumbledore held onto the Cloak of Invisibilty, despite his ability to make himself invisible on his own.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 am
Personally, I dont want Harry to die, but it is probably going to be what happens, since JKR says she doesnt want to write any more HP books. Ron dying would make sense, though I would be just as mad at her about that as I was when Sirius died. Ron does have a sort of inferiority complex, about not being a hero like Harry. Either that, or he saves Harry from Voldemort and becomes a big hero. He's going to do sometihng that'll get people to notice him as much as they do Harry.
I think she might kill Hagrid. I wouldnt like that either, but I suppose it would be better than if she killed Ron or Hermione.
Still, the prohepcy does say "Niether can live while the other survives" or something like that (I dont have my book with me at the moment) so prehaps it means that niether Harry nor Voldemort can have a full life until one or the other is dead. So maybe that means that Harry will live, if he kills Voldemort.
I also think that Voldy having some of Harry's blood will come in as very important.  

Storm_Alchemist

Storm_Alchemist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am
CutesieBubbles

• Sirius will come back. (HE NEVER DIED!!!!!)

Agreed!!!!!! He just fell through a curtain!!!! I heard that the two-way mirror will show up again in DH. I bet Harry finds a way to get Sirius back!!!!!! (using the mirror to talk to him on the other side of the curtain in the chamber of mysterise)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:33 pm
Quote:

Ron and Hermione = Couple
Neville and Luna = Couple
Neville dies
Hagrid Lives
Dumbeldore never died (JKR said 'he's not coming back.' How can he come back if he never went anywhere?)
Snape is against Voldemort and will have a hand in his downfall, but is one of the grey-area characters. Not quite evil, but not quite good either.
Harry will not die in the end
Hagrid may or may not die

First one, yes. Second one, yes, third one yes. fourth one yes, and no to the Dumbledore and Snape one. Personally when reading the death of Dumbledore it seemed to me like a symbol of the passing of one stage of harry's life. If he comes back I'd assume it would be as a spirit form.

NOTE: Wild speculation follows.

I don't think Snape will turn back to good, I think what you'll have instead is Wormtail. Wormtail will probably be dropped into some moral dilemma over his future, stemming from some sort of betrayal by Voldemort.

You also have this idea where Harry and Voldemort are two sides of the same coin. Two totally different but incomplete halves of the same being. One possible dramatic ending(unlikely as it is) is a fusing of the two persons into one. This could also hold true with the Mirror that we saw earlier. Still, thats taking wild speculation a bit too far.

What you could also have is a split in Voldemort's personality towards the very end, I think the idea of "Good Vs Evil" is an important theme for all the books, and as the series matures more and more of the "grey spots" appear. I think we might learn more about Voldemort and get a kind of "Mr. Kurtz" figure.

I don't really care about it much though. After the release of the first book the series has slowly gone down hill for me... the last was the worst of the lot.  

Jorlwind

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:11 pm
mage_justarius
I'm guessing that Harry and Voldemort will die!!!
I agree with you! There's no way Voldemort can live, but i really feel like Harry's gonna end up dieing with him. I mean, he wasn't even supposed to be alive to begin with, the whole killing curse "boy-who-lived" thing. He's on borrowed time. Oh sadness....  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:13 pm
RyaniTenebrae
Actually, as far as I know, that is a confirmed rumor. Also confirmed, by J.K. Rowling, is that at least two major characters will die. We have also been told that Harry's eyes being green is a vital plot point, as is the fact that Dumbledore held onto the Cloak of Invisibilty, despite his ability to make himself invisible on his own.
And the fact that he looks like Lily.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

MonkofMajere

Chatty Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:29 pm
Everyone will die.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:04 am
KendraMiko
I've hered ruomesrs that the last word of the last chaper on the last page for this final book will be the word "scar" But its just a rumer

I've heard that too. But it's been subject to change, so no one can be sure.  

Storm_Alchemist

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:35 pm
I heard Harry AND Voldie die at the end and Harry is brought back to life  
dead threads - do not post

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items