Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Read
  It!
View Results

Marukar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:27 am
Alright I have no idea what I am supposed to say after this happens:

I'm talking with this person about eating animals. Heres about how the conversation went:

Me-" I think its silly if people don't want to eat cows or anything, its not like they are going extinct. But if they feel bad for them then whatever..."

Her-" I know!!!! I mean God put them on this Earth for us to eat them"

Me-" Umm.... ok ....."

Her- " Do you believe in God?"

Me- " No."

And after this happens we start argueing about god, evolution, global warming (she thought that god takes care of everything...HA) and some other topics. I have no way to agrue with her she is the most irrational person!

So how are you supposed to argue with these type of people?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:38 am
Ask her what her proof is.
Tell her the Catholic Church says that the Bible is a work of fiction.

If I think of more I'll post them.  

[x] Natasha [x]

Bluuberry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:18 am
I started training myself in irrational thought a while ago. And here's how you would win something like that.

1 Ignore all rules of social etiquette

2 change the topic a lot but make sure the next topic is very slightly related to the previous one, but your train of thought has to be hard to follow.

3 irrational people don't rely on proof, instead they believe the person who has the most perseverance in what he/she says. So use habdgestures and shout a little.

4 Use guilt to force them to say what you want! Then make them say extremely contradictory things, caution! Verry irrational ppl will be able to say a lot of contradictory things before they start to doubt themselves. Your sanity however, might not be able to.

5 Once they start doubting themselves you can start preaching to them, and fon't forget to remind them how wrong and stupid they were but its all ok if they just do exactly as you say, works even better if you have acces to say, a giant fiery pit of eternal suffering? But we don't, instead just say ppl will him/her stupid if he/she doesn't believe you.

Unfortunately all your work will be lost as soon as the person goes back to church or something. Only those who choose to convert to atheism themselves useally stay that way. Those who didn't use irrational thought.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:54 am
religous people are imposible to talk to cause u can't reason with them. I had a similar conversation with a friend, he said he had proof that god exists. He saw a tree grow, and that is hard proof that God exists. rofl I don't think God put animals on the earth for us to eat. But I'm not a vegetarian cause I do believe in teh circle of life, if everyone became a vegetarian there would be an abundance of cows, and then they would eat all teh grass and... You get my point. But, i do think the way that a lot of slaughter farms treat the animals is inhumane and unaceptable.  

CrazyCatExtreme

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 pm
Well, my friends are all religious, and I don't have any problems with them. I only know one other atheist anyway. Well, a tree isn't convincing me. Anyway, how could someone see a tree grow? you'd have to live on coffee and adrenaline for about a few months xd .
As for what you should say, hmm, how 'bout, "Well, the point is neither of us are vegetarians." If she thinks we can't mess anything up, tell her that god manages heaven, not the pig's stine earth is. If you can't reason, use religion. I know what I said definitely wouldn't work, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:17 am
Thanks for your replies.

3nodding

I am learing more and more, you can not reason with religious people at all!

Marukar

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:19 am
I try to avoid conversations with Religious types...except for the Jewish. My friend is Jewish and her dad asked me what religion I was, I said Atheist...and he gave me a high five xDD. Whenever I start to argue with someone emensely Religious I always say these few things and it usually shuts them up, please feel free to try them.

1: "You know what!? Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo Kidnapped and killed their first victim right when she came out of church! Did God or Jesus help her?"

2: "Killing yourself is a sin. Jesus sacrificed himself for us. Even though he did not commit the sin himself it is still suicide. Therefore Christianity is a sin and you are going to hell, NOW BE GONE!"

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:25 am
Great arguments Julie!  

[x] Natasha [x]

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:05 pm
With vegitarianism, it's like "they're so stupid we're doing them a favour killing them..." as for religion, yes they are irrational. Just hope you don't meet one in a postition of power/authority, because unless you want to get in s**t, you can't fully argue back, and use awesome evidence.

My strategy is laughing at them, because hey, life is way too short.

Those are awesome arguements Julie-san!

Jya ne,
Furiidamu.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:01 pm
I heard a horrible Fundamentalist conversation about The Big Bang Theory... *shudders* My ears started bleeding!!!

Anyways, I was going swimming with a bunch of people in a youth group (I go to it sometimes because I'm bored, and its kind of funny). Well, on the ride to the pool, they started talking about The Big Bang Theory. The Fundies believed that after the explosion, people, planets, animals and everything was just there! I mean just BAM, Explosion DOES WHAT "GOD" DID!

Ya, so my ears metaphorically bled, while I tried to hide my laughter.
(I live in a purely fundamentalist community. I'm the only atheist, and my parents only don't believe in organized religion)  

Death God Hitsugaya

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:40 pm
Lol. You people dont seem to know what the big bang actually was. It was a super nova that became the sun and other such planet, they planets were created from debris and gases compressing, so basically when Earth was made it was a rock with gases that could support life. It wasnt just BAM earth trees and animals are there, I dont know all of it but that's what you people seem to think the theory is. Under the extreme heat and pressure that was created by the nova nitrogen, helium, and other such chemicals that make up a star were compressed into the planets. I myself think that is bogus because even with the right situations bacteria couldnt have just formed out of nothing. The way I see it is that bacteria was the first beings, single celled organisms, eventually evolving into more complex organisms of today.

One girl on here was trying to convince me that I'm a bad person because I eat meat, and advocate hunting. Then I explained to her that hunting is good for the environment and it shut her up.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:35 pm
I think if shes that stubborn you just choose to let her have the last word, just say believe what you want just don't try and convert me. It works best that way...it did for me at least. i had a similar encounter.  

Crooked_Lamb

XaltxrockX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 pm
Marukar

I'm talking with this person about eating animals. Heres about how the conversation went:

Me-" I think its silly if people don't want to eat cows or anything, its not like they are going extinct. But if they feel bad for them then whatever..."

Me-" Umm.... ok ....."

Me- " No."

And after this happens we start argueing about god, evolution, global warming (she thought that god takes care of everything...HA) and some other topics. I have no way to agrue with her she is the most irrational person!

I've had a similar conversation as that with a couple of people: My Granny, Paw paw, some of my friends...

Only I was the vegetarian in the whole senario... And the only thing about religion I heard was "God put them on this earth for us to have meat." I just shrugged and said, "I'll take my veggie burger now..."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:17 am
Marukar

Me-" Umm.... ok ....."

Me- " No."

Shove logice down their throat and up their bungholios
ask them paradox questions?
why would god make himself known if he knew it would cause so many deaths
and my personol favorite

Prove it. biggrin  

Veinlash

Cannibal Joe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:28 pm
You know, I've had more logical conversations with the religioius than I've had with vegans.
A few key tips is when they bring up miracles, bring up the fact that other religions can also point at those as proof of their religion.
Never use Philisophical debates, stick with scientific ones, it's easier to prove that the earth is older than 6,000 years
Don't ever wonder off subject, otherwise it'll tell them you're trying to avoid said conversation because you're losing it, which brings me to the next point, don't ever go into name calling or any of that, name calling is a sure sign of losing a debate, argument, or anything of that matter.
Also, never say christians, say fundamentalists, creationists, etc. Most of the time, when using these terms instead of christians, they will inadvertantly give up the argument by saying your right.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff