Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Favorite Type? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SeNalove

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:43 pm
Alright, I suppose a better title would have been-Favorite Type of Situation. Oh well. I can pretty much assume that everyone is here because they like romance in some way, shape or form. Whether it be fluffy cuteness, hot sauciness, or somewhere in between, can we safely say we all have that in common? Good.

Now, this isn't the topic that asks, what do you prefer, shounen-ai fluff or hardcore yaoi ( although feel free to share! ^_^ ) but rather, what type of shounen-ai fluff, or hardcore yaoi do you like? For example, do you like the forbidden love challenge? Or maybe best friends growing up? Or complete strangers who fall at a glance? What do you think makes a good storyline?

Discuss! heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:23 pm
For some reason I always love the "best friends" couples. I don't much know why but I find it adorable. ^.^  

Ryosei_Hime

Fashionable Lunatic

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Brandisher 100

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:30 pm
Lately I've really fallen for Shouta pairings. One older man (middle aged, slightly rugged but very good looking) / Adorable, but knowing devious little boy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:35 pm
I really like reading about established couples. I'm always curious to see how they stay together. I also really like boss/employee pairings, specifically a bodyguard and his charge. I think those are really great. :3  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Kitsune Bara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:39 pm
Depends on the characters, for me anyways. But I usually like it when one flirts like mad with someone who doesn't like them back, but after a while they both fall in love. (Sometimes it makes for a good comedy.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:56 pm
I've always liked the couples who have the one with the nonchalant attitude towards everything and anything, and the other totally lovesick. Until they finally end up with a... somewhat complicated relationship, but a relationship none the less.

Shoori

ritsu chaos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:00 pm
I like the whole "strangers that meet and fall in love" type.. It's just nice seeing them develope from day one and see how they meet biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:53 am
I like when one is madly in love and the other one clueless ^^ It makes for funny situtations and sometimes angsty ones ^^  

Kusa-chan

[D]age

Newbie Lunatic

8,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:22 am
I would have to make it a mix i kinda like um both there are some hardcore that seem to catch my intorest more. Something like manags of Fake and The art of loving to something like Sensitive
Also where they start of kinda OMG that guy just kisted me O_O  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:29 am
I'm more of the cliche'd "I hate everything about, but why do I love you" type. Yah know? The "I'm your rival" but I'm secretly in love with your or the "I don't hate you because we're different. I hate you because we're too alike" s**t.
Like.....
RoyxEd
SasuxNaru
RenjixIchigo
IchigoxIshida

THEN THERE'S THE REALLY CUTE COUPLES! Like Kakashi and Iruka. Man. Gotta love than Then there's forbidden love between thy brother! Gawd. The Incest... OR OR TWINCEST. Double the fun. I mean. KaoruxHikaru ROCKS MY SOCKS. I'm not really into Shota or Hard-core... Like really... interesting ones with NaruxOro... I MEAN. EWW.  

psychotic LEE

Uchimaki Yuuzora

Cuddly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:14 pm
Hmm... I'm pretty much tied between best friend romances and rival romances. I used to be all fluff, WAFF type material (and I still do love it), but now I find myself getting into darker, angstier romance as well. Incest seems to be pulling me in, and I've always loved the crack romances that pair off people who make absolutely no sense (ie-KyuuOro--darn those fanfics!) or sometimes haven't even met. (ie-NejiGaa anyone? xd ) I can't think of any of the other stuff that I'm into at the moment.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:53 pm
I mostly like best friend pairings and on a lesser degree the "I hate you, but not really" types. But I do love when they're in situations where they can't be together for some reason. Forbidden love, I guess, like you said. I really love angst for some reason. I guess I like torturing myself. xd  

Hypothetical HD

psychotic LEE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:38 am
Raspberry Moon
I mostly like best friend pairings and on a lesser degree the "I hate you, but not really" types. But I do love when they're in situations where they can't be together for some reason. Forbidden love, I guess, like you said. I really love angst for some reason. I guess I like torturing myself. xd

Angst ALWAYS makes me cry when it gets sad and s**t. (:  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:10 pm
I have a strange fascination with rape. =|  

UlooAloo

Fido-s Revenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm
Raspberry Moon

Amen!  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces