Submit

Oh wow, look, it's a poll.
  OMG YEY FREE GOLD!!1!11!1
  *takes the gold in a civilized manner and leaves*
View Results

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Wikipedia
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (超執刀 カドゥケウス, Chōshittō Kadukeusu, lit. "Caduceus: Super Surgical Operation") is a surgical simulation game developed for the Nintendo DS and the first in the Trauma Center series. As of June 27, 2006, Atlus has confirmed that they will be relaunching the game by the end of July in the US market, due to the high demand and popularity of the game. With this, it was recently revealed that Trauma Center has found its way into Australian stores.

Concept
In Trauma Center: Under the Knife, the player assumes the role of Derek Stiles (Kousuke Tsukimori in the original Japanese version), a young doctor who must perform surgeries and other medical operations. Derek is a descendant of the Greek god of medicine, Asclepius, and is gifted with extreme concentration, an ability referred to as the "Healing Touch." Well suited for the handheld's touchscreen, the player takes on the role of Dr. Stiles at the operating table, and makes incisions, removes diseased areas, and sutures the patients back up.

Story
The game takes place in Angeles Bay during the year 2018 where the majority of diseases, including AIDS and Cancer, have been eradicated. However, a mysterious disease known as GUILT (Gangliated Utrophin Immuno Latency Toxin) threatens mankind. The best weapon against G.U.I.L.T. is the "Healing Touch."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Quote:
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (カドゥケウスZ 2つの超執刀, Kadukeusu Zetto Futatsu no Chōshittō, Caduceus Z: Second Super Surgical Operation) is the second game in the Trauma Center series. The series has now moved to the Wii, and was a launch title for the system in North America and Japan, and made full use of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk attachment. This version is a remake of the original game for the DS, although its graphics and mechanics have been completely redone to take advantage of the Wii's functionality. Once again, players will take control of Dr. Derek Stiles (or Kousuke Tsukimori in the Japanese version), and a new doctor named Nozomi Weaver (or Mira Kimishima: ミラ・キミシマ in the Japanese version) who makes an appearance. Dr. Weaver also has the ability to utilize the Healing Touch, though her ability is different than Derek's. The game also features more voice acting than the original, including speech from the two main characters as well as more speech from the side characters.

Gameplay
The basic course of gameplay for Second Opinion is the same as from the original DS game. Refer to Trauma Center: Under the Knife for further details.

In the game, the player uses the Wii Remote and the Nunchuk attachment to play instead of the DS stylus. Most of the tools are used with the Wii Remote while the Nunchuk allows players to quickly switch between instruments. As well as having all of the tools from Under the Knife at the player's disposal, the player can also make use of a few situational tools. Some of the existing tools have added functionality from the previous game. Other than the new functionality, the main objective of the game remains the same as the DS version. Your goal is to treat whatever is wrong with the patient in the alloted time limit without letting the patient's vitals reach 0 or making too many mistakes. The game will initially give you basic missions to let you get used to the game, but as you progress, you will encounter the GUILT from the previous game, which are mostly dealt with in the same manner with a few exceptions in later missions.

Lookout, kids, Sangome has a new game that she's been playing like mad and wants to tell everyone about it.

So, Trauma Center is a medical simulation series, with two games currently out so far. But don't let that deter you -- it's actually really very fun and very addicting. As seen above, there's two versions -- the original for the DS (which I have yet to play D: ) and the remake for the Wii (which I have played; HAHAHAHA I HAVE A WII AND YOU DON'T HAHAHAHA *shot*). The missions can get frustrating at times, but hey, that's what happens when you're a doctor.

...I also have an obsession with Derek Stiles/Kosuke Tsukimori. But only in Second Opinion -- he looks odd in Under the Knife from what I've seen (then again, I should probably actually play it).

So, discuss --

Have you played one of the games?
Have you played both of the games?
Is there any news of a third game on the horizon?
Will I ever stop obsessing over fictional bishounen?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:27 pm
When I had a DS, I had trauma center.

It got boring. Quick. confused

I sold my DS and three games for $80 to help pay for a new iPod after my old one was stolen. domokun  

Lieutenant--Dan
Crew

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:44 pm
leiutenant_dan
When I had a DS, I had trauma center.

It got boring. Quick. confused

I sold my DS and three games for $80 to help pay for a new iPod after my old one was stolen. domokun

Haha...ha...iPod...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:56 pm
I haven't played it yet, but I so wanna!  

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:58 pm
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
YOU MUST. <3

Dereskstilesism, mwahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:00 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
YOU MUST. <3

If FF6 wasn't coming out this week I would, but imma get it next time I have the chance!

Ooooo My sister's kitty had her kittens ^_^  

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:05 pm
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
YOU MUST. <3

If FF6 wasn't coming out this week I would, but imma get it next time I have the chance!

Yay <3

Awww! 4laugh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:08 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
YOU MUST. <3

Yay <3

Awww! 4laugh

My sis said that she had 4 kittens but 2 died. Though the other two seems healthy and very much enrgetic ^_^ When my sis sends me more pics of the kittens I'll post and let ya'll see em'!  

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:10 pm
Anyways, back on subject! What all do you do in that game?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:19 pm
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
Basically you just perform surgeries on people. It starts off with basic stuff like removing glass and stitching lacertions, but then you eventually get into curing people of a strain if bio-terrorism called GUILT -- which is basically a really nasty virus with multiple strains.

Oh, and you also get to look at Derek. He's a doll. Did I mention you get to look at Derek?

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 am
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
Basically you just perform surgeries on people. It starts off with basic stuff like removing glass and stitching lacertions, but then you eventually get into curing people of a strain if bio-terrorism called GUILT -- which is basically a really nasty virus with multiple strains.

Oh, and you also get to look at Derek. He's a doll. Did I mention you get to look at Derek?

Lol! I hope I am able to have a strong stomach for this game then! I usually faint at that kind of stuff (seeing surgries and all). And yes.... you mentiond Derek...... twice surprised So which is him again in the pic?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:44 am
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk

Lol! I hope I am able to have a strong stomach for this game then! I usually faint at that kind of stuff (seeing surgries and all). And yes.... you mentiond Derek...... twice surprised So which is him again in the pic?
The surgeries don't get that gratuitous (if they did, it'd be M rated most likely).

Derek is in the center of both covers. He's the one wearing the blue-ish doctors scub and sports brown hair/eyes and glasses.

[.dr.MOMO.stiles.]
Crew

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:26 pm
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk
[.Hoho-papa.]
Shinras Hobbitfied Turk

The surgeries don't get that gratuitous (if they did, it'd be M rated most likely).

Derek is in the center of both covers. He's the one wearing the blue-ish doctors scub and sports brown hair/eyes and glasses.

Ah okie then!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:37 pm
AksfkfkjhfgjkHJFGAHJLGFHLGFGFHGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I could make the perfect Derek cosplay on this account with one of the new hairdoos. heart

Booyah.

-yobmot-

Agent-Obvious

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:42 pm
-yobmot-
AksfkfkjhfgjkHJFGAHJLGFHLGFGFHGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I could make the perfect Derek cosplay on this account with one of the new hairdoos. heart

Booyah.

XD *pokes her* Jee I wonder who this could be? J/K lol Looks like you are cosplaying as Rubedo! That looks like his hairdo!

EDIT: Damn, No wonder! I just got smart enough to read you sig surprised  
~*Anime Garden*~ Main Forum//GD/ED

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces