Mika or Nana?
  Mika
  Anna
  someone else
View Results

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:57 pm
I've seen this little debate go one elsewhere's and it got pretty interesting. So I just have to bring it up here:

So who makes the better Nana? Nakashima Mika or Tsuchiya Anna?

Please state your pick and your reason. And play nice.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:39 pm
Ahhh hard choice!

To be honest...I feel like the better Nana bounces back and forth...for look/style I really like Mika although, i've definitly seen some I've liked better (dang....if i can find this ancient post in the NANA lj community i'll link to it later). And for music...in the first movie I realllly didn't like Mika's Nana music at all. I found it too soft to be stuff for Blackstones. And well, Anna's Rose and Zero sounded much more like what I imagined Nana O to sound like...

However, Mika's cd The End I feel fits Nana amazingly so. I LOVE IT!

So i guess the comptition is on! Who will preveal in the end? I'll just have to wait to find out =)  

Lyokia

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:21 am
For voice and music, Anna, definitely Mika-chin just doesn't capture Black Stones' punk feel.

But in the overall department, Mika-chin wins. She looks like Nana and hearing her talk about Nana, both of them loving Vivienne Westwood, her having a lotus tatt on her back, their drive, etc., she does make as good a Nana as I reckon we'll get.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:28 am
For voice and style I would definitely go for Anna. She has the right voice for the style of music while I feel Mika is more suited for pop music and ballads, just like she built her career off of.

As far as Mika's look, she did completely fit what I thought of when I thought of Nana, but in the movies she doesn't have that full range of emotions that Nana O has in the manga. She did a great job with the part, I won't deny that. I think it may have been more of the writers. It seemed that she only had a few different moods: happy but not going to show it, irritated (complete with mini eye twitch), mildly pissed off, super pissed off, and I'm going to beat your face in. With a touch of I'm sad but I'm not going to show you the full extent of it. You never really see her full blown happy like in the manga. Or is that just something that I've noticed?  

face2face
Crew

Asano Rain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:51 am
face2face
As far as Mika's look, she did completely fit what I thought of when I thought of Nana, but in the movies she doesn't have that full range of emotions that Nana O has in the manga. She did a great job with the part, I won't deny that. I think it may have been more of the writers. It seemed that she only had a few different moods: happy but not going to show it, irritated (complete with mini eye twitch), mildly pissed off, super pissed off, and I'm going to beat your face in. With a touch of I'm sad but I'm not going to show you the full extent of it. You never really see her full blown happy like in the manga. Or is that just something that I've noticed?

Nope, quite a few of us have noticed that Mika-chin's Nana is different from the one in the manga. She just seems more... intimidating without reprieve. Manga!Nana, while sometimes seeming hard to approach, always has this sort of air about her that is very warm and playful. Mika-chin's Nana... lacks that playfulness and is much more hard and straight.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:22 am
face2face
For voice and style I would definitely go for Anna. She has the right voice for the style of music while I feel Mika is more suited for pop music and ballads, just like she built her career off of.

That's exactly what I didn't really like about Mika in the movie. She seemed completely emotionless! I think that she looks quite a bit like Nana (but it'd be nice if she had some eyebrows tharr... O: ) so no complaints there. But... I wonder why she didn't wear the deep red lipstick that Nana usually wears in the manga/TV series? =)  

tokyofro

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:18 am
tokyofro
face2face

That's exactly what I didn't really like about Mika in the movie. She seemed completely emotionless! I think that she looks quite a bit like Nana (but it'd be nice if she had some eyebrows tharr... O: ) so no complaints there. But... I wonder why she didn't wear the deep red lipstick that Nana usually wears in the manga/TV series? =)

Maybe the shade of red just wasn't suited for her skin tone? I did remember one scene where they showed her in that red dress she did have the lipstick on (if I'm not mistaken) and it did look rather odd.

I'm sure they could find the right shade for her skin tone, but for some reason I can see her wearing a lot of rosy and lighter colors much better than the stronger red tones that are Nana O.'s trademark.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:41 pm
I have to say Mika is actually a tad better than Anna. I mean, she really fits the part well BUT I do agree that Anna does have a style that much resembles Nana more than Mika.

But I also think that Nana would've been much better off being played by someone....else? I know it may sound a bit mean and cruel, but my standards for Osaki Nana is sooo ridculously high. sweatdrop But yeah, I do really like Nakashima Mika's portrayal. She was fabulous. (Plus, I'm a huge fan of her's! ^-^)

floRENzaa

AnimeYuna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:07 pm
I like Anna better as Nana for music and the energy she has on stage is the kind of energy that Nana has on stage. If you don't believe me, watch her video for "Rose" it rocks!

But Mika has the look down! You look at her and you're like OMG! She's PERFECT for Nana!! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:13 pm
It's definitely hard to say one or the other when you get down to it.
Mika has the ABSOLUTE Nana look. Right down to Ai Yazawa's drawing style. She's tooth-pick skinny, intense forehead, the works. While I must agree, she does have less emotion than Manga Nana, she's really more of a cool, nothing phases me kind of gal which brings the contrast between the two Nana's. I'm sure they did this so everyone would realize that the girls had their names and their romances holding them together, leaning on each other.
As far as Anna goes, she def. has the attitude and the flare. That in your face, I will rock your world kind of feel. That's the punk aspect of Blast, sure, but Anna also gives the impression of that older sister that beats the stuffing out of anyone who messes with her younger siblings. So, that's too hardxcore for Nana.
I think if I didn't go into all the details, I'd just have to pick Mika.

Blind birds fly

[ Miaka ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:24 am
Honestly, I adore Mika a lot more than Anna. Glamorous Sky and Hitoiro are totally Oosaki Nana from my perspective. -Nods.- HOWEVER, I still love Anna's vocals, especially in Rose and Zero. Total BLAST right there. I think she suits Nana too, but for the run, Mika still wins. <3  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:01 am
I personaly love Mika Nakashima and Anna Tsuchiya. The both of them have amazing talent. Though Mika cannot act to save her life. Wow...she totally cannot play the Nana character. Even though she looks like her; she had no personality acting. Mika Nakashima should never act ever. I saw her on screen and wanted to punch her for destroying that part. Plus her music was so not anything I'd expect Blast to play. It was more like all of her music rather than something that would be Blast unlike Anna Tsuchiya's music which I think perfectly captures the Nana character's esence so to speak. Anna thought more about writing music as Nana rather than Mika who I think tried to do that but failed. I'm not saying 'Glamorous Sky' is a bad song. It's a really good song, but it sounds more like a Mika Nakashima song rather then, a Blast song.
Anna Tsuchiya would make a better Nana, even though she doesn't neccesarily(sp?) look exactly like her; she could pull it off.  

dixieme

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:03 am

From what I've learned about Mika's personality before NANA, it seems she was almost cut out for the role. She's got an amazing voice to start out with and like many people have stated before me, she's got the look 100%. Although Anna has more of the harsh "rawr" rocker Nana attitude, I actually prefer the way that Mika portrayed her in the movie. Tis my opinion. 4laugh

.: Building The New Era | Shinra Forever :.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:52 pm
I think Mika makes a better Nana but I like Anna better.  

Sir Hamilton

leeannen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:24 pm
I like Mika b/c she is what I would expect nana osaki to look like and act like, and sound like, she is perfect for it in my eyes.  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff