yes
  no
  maybe
  that should be iliegal
View Results

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:10 pm
I was at church on Christmas Eve, and they called up all the little kids. Then they were telling them stuff like "If you are good and believe in God, you get to go to heaven someday." their tone was like a parent saying "if you're good and eat all your vegtibles, you get chocolate cake for dessert."

I was sickened, and thinking to myself "this can't be legal, they're brainwashing them!" but sadly it is. Why don't they wait until they are old enough to understand, then let them make their own decision?

I'm just glad that never worked on me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:02 am
that's what happened to me gonk luckily i actually became more logical rather than more religious and bcame atheist....sadly though, my sister is being raised as a christian and is being slightly brainwashed. poor kid!  

[x] Natasha [x]

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:57 pm
Yeah, it sucks having friends or family members suckered into that. I'm glad I'm not like that, but in the same token sad that they are.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:35 pm
Haha, that's kind of funny. I hope their pushing has the opposite effect on those kids. (:

Gunpowder Valentine

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:45 am
my parents never made me go to church, so I was never exposed to that thanfully. However I often find myself using a lot of expresions like OMG or thank god. Just cause all the people I grew up around where religous church gowers.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:05 pm
CrazyCatExtreme
my parents never made me go to church, so I was never exposed to that thanfully. However I often find myself using a lot of expresions like OMG or thank god. Just cause all the people I grew up around where religous church gowers.
Hmm, I do use those interjections too, but OMG=oh my gosh for us xd  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:08 am
I used to like going to church. That was back when i was gullible.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:08 am
That happened to me. My mom's side of the family is hard core Catholic and I used to be too. I think it should be illegal because they are not letting people make their own decisions, they are basically telling people "Believe and Worship God or you will go to Hell!". A preist actually said something like that to me once...I told him I was already in Hell because the World is so ********/>
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:57 pm
Quote:
Haha, that's kind of funny. I hope their pushing has the opposite effect on those kids. (:

That's part of the reason I'm an atheist.

Quote:

Why, to spite them? I don't get it...

Quote:
Hmm, I do use those interjections too, but OMG=oh my gosh for us

I say holy s**t, so it doesn't matter for me XD

Quote:
I used to like going to church. That was back when i was gullible

Same; in retrospect, I hate myself for being so innocent and naive though...

Quote:
That happened to me. My mom's side of the family is hard core Catholic and I used to be too. I think it should be illegal because they are not letting people make their own decisions, they are basically telling people "Believe and Worship God or you will go to Hell!". A preist actually said something like that to me once...I told him I was already in Hell because the World is so ********.

I agree. Nice, what was his reaction to that? I would have payed money to see it...

Jya ne,
Furiidamu.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:17 pm
I do wish parents would let their children decide whether they wish to worship, but then, if kids were that smart they'd see right through Sanata Clause.

In a way, I'm indifferent. Only because, "those who are able to see the truth, will." I guess it's a bit Darwinistic, but I think that those who are capable of understanding the truth of Atheism, regardless of what conditions they are raised, will inevitably become Atheist. I was raised religious, and I was religious, but logic prevailed. In a way, I think we are a bit stronger than those Atheists fortunate enough to be raised secular, because they didn't have years of ignorant brain-washing to raise above. Not that I'm saying they are less of Atheists, I guess I just like to glorify my own personal struggle.
cool  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:19 pm
I can see where you are coming from, I just don't agree with it. We have few enough people to be discrimminating against our own.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:00 am
Xia Momo Capernicus
I can see where you are coming from, I just don't agree with it. We have few enough people to be discrimminating against our own.

sad Ouch. Discrimminating is such a harsh word. Think of it like two boxers: one had a father and a mother boxer who taught him/her the basics since birth, the other had no early teaching and has only trained for the last few years. Both become champion boxers. Who do you think had the most to overcome?

As I said, I'm really indifferent. What matters most is not how you got here, but that you're here. So, back to the topic, I really don't think it matters how you were raised, a champion is a champion. I wouldn't treat one any different from the other. So, I, personally, wouldn't say I "discrimminate." But hey, I've been wrong before.

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Hiemdall

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:49 am
The whole thing is based in ignorance, laziness and tradition. If these little kids are to stupid to realize they are getting duped, thenthe can go be christians if they want.

A bunch of atheists who are atheists because someone told them to be are very useless. It's a conclusion that has to be reached by logic.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:05 pm
I think in this case its not a brainwashing, its more like a brain programming.

i think this is just WRONG you cannot possibly reffer to a child as a `christian child` or a `muslim child`, a child cannot possibly understand all the aspects of religion and the decision of following a religion is certainly too big for a child. they should be raised with the capability of making their own minds.  

Birous

~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces