Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Whores Unite! ~A Discussion Poll Guild~

Back to Guilds

Reply Main Forum
MC Clues --MCs released and answers revealed. o: Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll for you.
  Option 1
  Option 2
View Results

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:36 pm
New Post
The Jan 07 MCs have been released! O:
[announcement]

You can choose between the Damascus Armor and the Gift of the Goddess.

Answers to the riddles:
What's the capital of Syria?
-Damascus, as in Damascus Armor. Damascus steel is famous for its strength and flexibility.

What was Paul McCartney's band after the Beatles?
-Wings! There are quite a few wings involved in the Goddess set.

How can you hold a bunch of stuff when you've only got two hands?
-Get more arms, of course! Isn't it obvious? The Goddess set includes a pose that allows you to emulate Durga's many arms.

What's that big thing they use at construction sites that's kinda the opposite of a wrecking ball? -
-It's a crane! The Goddess set includes a gorgeous flock of cranes that swoops around your avatar.

What do you call the female version of a mixed-up dog?
-If you mix up the letters in "dog," you get "god," and the female version of that is "goddess."

XD I got the multiple arms I was asking for... but they don't do what I want them to do. :B
Discuss the answers and the MCs!

Wow.. so.. we were given clues to what the MCs might be this month. I'm... shocked. It's all too... simple. There has to be some catch we're missing.

But anyway, did you ever think that we'd be given clues? XD

And~ in case you don't feel like going to the newsletter, here are the clues:
  • What's the capital of Syria?
  • What was Paul McCartney's band after the Beatles?
  • How can you hold a bunch of stuff when you've only got two hands?
  • What's that big thing they use at construction sites that's kinda the opposite of a wrecking ball?
  • What do you call the female version of a mixed-up dog?
By now, there are many threads in the GCD with guesses as to what the answers of the clues are. What do you think the answers are? <.< >.> And~ what do you think the items will be?

This does sound kind of fun. I haven't really guessed at the items since the admins made the 15th as the set date that the sealeds open.
I hope we somehow get that lunar scythe and blue CN scarf that the admins have promised us. <.< >.>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:02 pm
Not sure. I'm actually a little lost in it all considering this is the first I've heard of it. ^_^;  

Oulixeus
Crew

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:05 pm
^___^ It just appeared in today's newsletter.
I was going to post some of the guesses that people made already... because they sound quite good, but I didn't want to ruin it for anybody who wants to come up with their own.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:09 pm
What's the capital of Syria? Damascus
What was Paul McCartney's band after the Beatles? Wings
How can you hold a bunch of stuff when you've only got two hands? A Bag
What's that big thing they use at construction sites that's kinda the opposite of a wrecking ball? Crane
What do you call the female version of a mixed-up dog? A mut?  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:15 am
^^ You've got four of the guesses they're saying, JC.
Um they're thinking bag/backpack.
Many people say that the last one is goddess:
mixed-up dog = god
female version = goddess

Buuut~ what kind of items do these clues lead to? I've seen many guesses because I lurk the GCD. I saw one funny post that brought up good points about it leading to an angelic tampon. The girl was corrected and told that we already have one (angelic parasol).

I don't know if it's possible, but I've always wished for a way to hold more than one handheld item. I'm hoping for some sort of third arm. XD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:53 am
sdrawkcab
^^ You've got four of the guesses they're saying, JC.
Um they're thinking bag/backpack.
Many people say that the last one is goddess:
mixed-up dog = god
female version = goddess

Buuut~ what kind of items do these clues lead to? I've seen many guesses because I lurk the GCD. I saw one funny post that brought up good points about it leading to an angelic tampon. The girl was corrected and told that we already have one (angelic parasol).

I don't know if it's possible, but I've always wished for a way to hold more than one handheld item. I'm hoping for some sort of third arm. XD

Oo... that dog/god/goddess guess what a good one, Cabbi. I'm pretty bad at riddles which some of those are seeming to be so I'm pretty sure I haven't much of a chance.  

Oulixeus
Crew

Blaiz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:46 pm
lol angelic tampon..haha.

as far as what the items would be, i really have no clue. didnt really care to think since they reveal it anyways...that and the questions seems so random.

God/goddess for a mixed up dog? Are they referring to cerberus or one of the gods from egypt (ya know half animal half human) and thats how they got that or am i just missing something here??  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:54 pm
I'm thinking a bird like apheonix or a....craine >.> <.< that can be equipted as a bag. And black wings.  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:50 am
Oulixeus

Oo... that dog/god/goddess guess what a good one, Cabbi. I'm pretty bad at riddles which some of those are seeming to be so I'm pretty sure I haven't much of a chance.

^^ It's just what everyone else is saying.

And Blaiz~ Um~
They were saying that the word dog mixed-up is god. And then a female god would then be goddess.
I don't know~
ANd~ we don't even know just how many items they will give us this month. Are these clues to two items or three? Or even five. XD

And~ we already have a phoenix item, but a lot of people are thinking some sort of crane-wing-goddess type item thing.
I'm still hoping that the crane is a... extra arm that can hold another item. XD;;
Yeah~ hmm~ black wings. I hadn't thought of that since I had the goddess-wing theme stuck in my head. I was thinking feathery white. But~ the demonbow is already black and very.. metal-looking. I wonder how they'd do different black wings.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:41 am
With the black wings something like the angelic Microphone...

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:43 am
Ooo~ interesting idea... since we should hopefully be getting a demonic counterpart. x3 And... that would look awesome. o:  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:45 pm
sdrawkcab
Ooo~ interesting idea... since we should hopefully be getting a demonic counterpart. x3 And... that would look awesome. o:
Nod nod and it only makes sence with how long ago the microphone came out  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:58 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
XD But there are a lot of DIs that came out... that don't have coutnerparts. x.x
I'm mainly thinking about the blue CN scarf and lunar scythe that were actually confirmed by the admins to be upcoming DIs... I want that blue CN scarf. D;
And slippers. <.< >.> These clues don't really sound like hints t'ward slippers. u.u

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:25 pm
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
XD But there are a lot of DIs that came out... that don't have coutnerparts. x.x
I'm mainly thinking about the blue CN scarf and lunar scythe that were actually confirmed by the admins to be upcoming DIs... I want that blue CN scarf. D;
And slippers. <.< >.> These clues don't really sound like hints t'ward slippers. u.u
Winged slippers XD weird. Ahh everyone want a Ninja blue scarf >.> what's new.  

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:33 pm
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
JeeszyCreezy
sdrawkcab
Winged slippers XD weird. Ahh everyone want a Ninja blue scarf >.> what's new.
That would be very cute. :3 Add that to your list. >] ...Just kidding. ^^
I want the blue CN scarf that was promised... because its quality will probably be just as good as the CN scarf quality. x3

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff