New Releases from Japan Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:42 pm
Just to mention I plan on updating the newest anime out in Japan each season from now on.

Winter 2007
Currently on Air
SHUFFLE! MEMORIES
Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight!*
Master of Epic The Animation Age*
Himawari!!*
Deltora Quest*
Les Miserables -girl Cosette-*
Saint October*
Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora*
Koi suru Tenshi Angelique ~ Kagayaki no Ashita ~
Nodame Cantabile*
Hidamari Sketch*
Venus Versus Virus
Getsumen To Heiki Mina*
GR -GIANT ROBO-
Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho Tou*

Out in Febuary
Juusou Kikou Dancouga Nova
Rocket Girls
Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny

*Small opinion/summery below  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:44 pm
User Image

Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora is probally my favorite series this season as of yet. The amazingly complex school system reminded me heavily of Utena. Promising yuri, mecha, and fan service is not something easily delivered. But from the same people that brought out Kannazuki no Miko there is bound to be great momments. Beautiful art, Fantastic concept, and Fun characters are a definate plus.

User Image

Les Miserables -girl Cosette- is actually the one anime I could not wait to get. Based off the book Les Miserables that was made famous by the musical, this anime follows the life of Cosette. Starting when she is just a little girl. The first thing you notice in this anime is that the art style of chibis and period animitation are mixed. This effect bring a very pleasing feel to the anime.

User Image

Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! Is another anime I could not wait to see. I first saw the previews and thought... 8 year old yuri? It's actually High School, but the animation make the characters look extremely young. The main character is a lot of fun I can't tell fully from just the first eps. but it rather reminded me of Haruhi.

User Image

Saint October is a wonderfully cute anime. Aside from the villians that look like priest stealing little boys this anime features Gothic Lolitas. Three Gothic Lolitas feature as the main character in this magical girl detective anime. Religion definately plays a part in it as well as the tarot.

User Image
Master of Epic: The Animation Age acts so much like a RPG game it is so funny. I don't know how such a crazy cast was set up but I can't help but laugh at all the stupid references they make fun of. There is nothing spectacular about the anime except for the good old comedy.

User Image

Himawari!! is simple a continuation of Himawari! (notice the second one has another ! at the end). As an harem ninja anime it's not bad... it just did not have the fun that Kage Kara Mamoru had. It's like they tried to take a more serious aproach to female ninjas.... that are made for fan service. Odd combination.

User Image

Deltora Quest is based off of an Australian book series I have never read. Looking into it is seems as if it is a child's based book series with a heavy D&D base. I doubt I will read it. The anime seems rather basic. With only the first eps. I really need to see more to like it better

User Image

Hiamari Sketch is a cute series that almost reminded me of Azumanga Diaoh but with a bit more continuous storyline. The animation styles seem to jump in an out causing a rather interesting and almost child like air to the show. The main cast is very cute and will often go chibi. The Teacher is an interesting character as well that seems to make the story run on the characters alone.

User Image

Nodame Cantabile really made me happy. It seems to follow the manga rather well. I adore Nodame's voice. One of the most enjoyable moments is when Nodame is singing for Tanioka. Her cute voice is really fun. I love the fact the Crystal Key does the ending for the anime. I was seriously surpriced and very happy about it. Definately reccomend picking up this series. Loads of comedy and character development.

User Image

Getsumen To Heiki Mina is a fantastic new anime. A lot of comedy and oddly enough rather lack of panty shots. My roommate and I were amazed by the fact that they seems to be a complete lack of panty shots even they had more then ample opputunity for it. That is not saying there is no fan service. In fact there is a ton of it. This is definately one of those anime that a jiggle counter would be fun to have. Based off the anime set in Densha Otoko this is a comedy action anime centered on a girl named Mina who transforms into a magical bunny girl. There are a lot of bunny references in the show... hell even the moon has bunny ears.

User Image

Ok, I'm completely in love with Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpucho Tou. Just an all around fantastic show. This has a wonderfully creepy atmosphere and fantastic background music. I will admit that it's has an adverage plot. It's a bunch of school kids fighting monsters with their psychic powers... this one follows more along the times of Boogiepop Phantom, Elven Lied, Mushishi, and Ghost in the Shell. While the bad guys are very colorful everything else around them is very drab. The art style is beautiful that reminded me of a Tite Kubo (Bleach) with a definately more adult feel and color scheme. The comedy is not really there, but you do get a few light moments espeshally with the teacher and a few of the other students (Watching one of the main characters playing with a hollow stick as if it was a Chinese finger trap was very amusing). I reccomend this anime to anyone that like fighting, magic, and drama.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

flutflut

Hopeful Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:03 pm
Wow! some of those look pretty good! thanks for telling me about them!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:17 pm
Yeah thank you Wyrn  

Makoto Kamashiia

Cola Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:16 pm
Well, some fans like Wyrn and myself look ahead. For example, even though i don't read Japanese, i pick up Megami magazine and see what's new in Japan that some fans in the states won't know about. I've been watching nothing but English subbed anime for a few months now.

Everyone should try it. There are chances that most of these titles will never get licensed in the future.

There is a lot of good material you don't know about. Trust me. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:18 pm
wow they seem pretty nice thanks! 4laugh  

xiaryth

6,250 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Clambake 200

Max Noble

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:10 pm
AWSOME!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:56 am
Nodame Cantabile is defaintly a good anime, but has only 2 english subbed right now, start watching it, you'll like it!  

lolo who

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:18 am
Thank you for doing this! It's so well organized!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:40 pm
can i post stuff ive seen thats new on youtube? cuz theres some good stuff on there that people should watch^^  

darkdark7

random_shiichan

Familiar Friend

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:37 am
Omg!! guess wut!! I dont know if this is just a rumor but, I heard that Gravitation Extra-2 came out only in Japan, and is gona be released in the US somewhere on Oct. 2007!! woohoo!! i cant wait!! XD
i already read the first vol. of gravi. extra and its awesome ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm
I doubt I get to read these until they get them in the library.  

Etewxok

Altiryoko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:38 pm
A new season of Peacemaker Kurogane is supposed to be coming out too.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:12 am
Those all look great, I started watching a few of them already. I'd like to suggest Ghost Hunt and La Corda D'oro for you to watch. Two of my favorites still airing in japan, both at episode 20 right now.  

Nemone

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100

KAt09

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:54 pm
i LOVE stuff from Japan heart  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items