Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Nurgle Guard Color Scheme? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Some Mook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:57 pm
It's... more or less what the title says. I want to convert my boys to be servants of Papa Nurgle. Not so much convert, so to speak, as paint them in a color scheme worthy of the unwashed hordes.

How would one go about decorating Cadians in such a manner? Pants, armor, tunic, all of that fun stuff. Perhaps guns as well, though my current Black and Wood deal might work fine.

And conversions. Cheap, afforadable conversion suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:00 pm
Green Stuff. £6 for enough putty to convert a full platoon.  

Faeruithir88

Some Mook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:07 pm
That's reasonable; however, what would would I do with it? Make little intestines and scars?

I'm still needing a color scheme for Cadians.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:12 pm
That's exactly it. Little imperfections, some cracks in the armour with boils exposed through them, the Mark of Nurgle on the odd shoulder/chest.

Easy-peasy.

As for colours, you're better off asking Mykal. He does some pretty good stuff.  

Faeruithir88

Some Mook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:20 pm
Basically, I'd go back over the models, carve out a hunk of armor, Green Stuff it so it looked nice and grotesque, and then paint it? I can dig it.

And if Mykal has this under control, I'll hold tight until he sees this thread. If that fails, there is the option of sticks. Pointy ones, to be exact.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:40 pm
Or you could sculpt it over the area, without risking damage from a modelling knife. I personally find that to be the easier and safer route.  

Faeruithir88

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:20 pm
Josef Gafencu
Basically, I'd go back over the models, carve out a hunk of armor, Green Stuff it so it looked nice and grotesque, and then paint it? I can dig it.

And if Mykal has this under control, I'll hold tight until he sees this thread. If that fails, there is the option of sticks. Pointy ones, to be exact.

As in The Emperors Pointy Sticks?

Anyway, you might pick up a package of Catachans, they work wonders with conversions of all sorts.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:30 pm
Promethium works wonders as a make-up gift.

As for Catachans, I'm not to keen on it. Albeit, they'd be great to model, but I'm looking at standard Guardsmen under the corrupting and cool forces of Chaos.

Some Mook

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:46 pm
Josef Gafencu
Promethium works wonders as a make-up gift.

As for Catachans, I'm not to keen on it. Albeit, they'd be great to model, but I'm looking at standard Guardsmen under the corrupting and cool forces of Chaos.
You'd be surprised how much you could use them, I've found dozens of applications in using parts from Catachans in my Cadians, including arms, heads... It's also easier to customize Catachan parts to be more Nurgly, as well as Cadiany.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:25 pm
I see. I might do that with my next box, but I'm sadly limited to when I can purchase models. The closest shop is an hour away; then again, I can intersperse the really Nurgel-y models with the less Nurgel-y ones for the appearance of a mob in various stages of decay.  

Some Mook

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:24 pm

What'd be good, perhaps is having them with marks of nurgle on their shoulders or chests. Sculp on one-eyes, so they're more cycloptic, like Plaguebearers. Check Forgeword's renegade militia for some good pieces, like plates engraved with runes on the chests.

As for colour sceheme, I'd say stick to a pallette of Catachan Green, Bleached Bone, Rotting Flesh, Desert Yellow, and Chaos Black.
Those should produce good results.

-Mykal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:37 pm
All excellent ideas; since I have you entrapped, how does this look? It's just something random, yet pleasing to my eyes. Notice the areas where dirt will be applied, and the skillful mark of Nurgle.  

Some Mook

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:43 am

I did this, this seems alright. Something about the darkness of the fabric I don't like but I'm sure you'd add a green trim and some highlighting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I reckon that if they're chaos, their skin would be palid and drained.

ON that I used Catachan Green, Camo Green, Desert Yellow, Rotting Flesh, Bleached Bone on the Imperial stuff, but that should end up a bit more Chaossy, and Bone and Scorched Brown on the streaking on the shoulders and body armour.
-Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:42 pm
It is sechsie, and very much chaotic. I might go with a variant of that scheme, and by variant, I mean something besides that black clothing. I might take dark blue or black for the pants, and go with some variety of green or light brown for the tunis. I just don't dig the solid black.  

Some Mook

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:36 pm
Josef Gafencu
It is sechsie, and very much chaotic. I might go with a variant of that scheme, and by variant, I mean something besides that black clothing. I might take dark blue or black for the pants, and go with some variety of green or light brown for the tunis. I just don't dig the solid black.

Mhm.
I know, I didn't like that either.

I'd do it dark grey with some green on the cord-trim stuff. That's petty good. But closer to Chaos Black than Fortress Grey.

-Mykal

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces