Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I really wonder.. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:05 am
I really wonder why this guild isnt bigger or more active.

I mean, lets look at the facts: a large percentage of Gaians are americans. About half of the American population is overweight.

And, people who spend a substantial amount of time on the internet have an increased chance of being overweight.

WHy arent more people concerned about their health?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:46 am
Maybe we just need more advertisement 3nodding  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

BlinkyTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:15 pm
Groovy Spleen
Maybe we just need more advertisement 3nodding

Thats a fact.

We should have like, a recruitment/referral contest or something to get the membership up. Especially around new years I think a lot of people have weightloss on their minds.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:38 am
Oooh good idea 3nodding  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:47 pm
I think our other big problem is that people join, and stop coming back. I'm not sure how to keep people coming back. i think the dieting journal forum was a good idea.... i want to do like contests and things but i just feel like there isn't enough interest  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:19 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Siggies, anyone? sweatdrop

Emarii

Faux-Lanzer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:27 am
I made a new banner for my sig,anybody can use it if they want,But please host the pic yourself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:15 pm
Okay I feel guilty now. :Is one of the less active members:

Some of us are really bussy most of the time and when we finally get on gaia we forget all about this guild. And sometimes about watching our weight in general. I know I'm guilty of it. >.>

Sarena128

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:56 pm
Emarii, thoes are beautiful... I could try to make a sig sometime well not next week it woudl have to be the week after that... getting school and work going next week. sweatdrop

here's one of the things I have done for someone...

User Image

I could do something simular, like have the mirror the dream weight and the other avatar the weight, you know that shirt with the belly hanging out? have the avatar working out and what not then look and it's the thinner avatar with a happy face?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:40 pm
I_Love_The_Bunny
Emarii, thoes are beautiful... I could try to make a sig sometime well not next week it woudl have to be the week after that... getting school and work going next week. sweatdrop

here's one of the things I have done for someone...

User Image

I could do something simular, like have the mirror the dream weight and the other avatar the weight, you know that shirt with the belly hanging out? have the avatar working out and what not then look and it's the thinner avatar with a happy face?

That would be awesome biggrin !!! Catch people's attention for shizzle!

And thankyou sweatdrop !

Emarii

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:50 pm
you guys are amazing. this is more active than the guild has been and i'm so glad that you guys want to make it more active and recruit more. im in my last semester of nursing school and its hard for me to do it all biggrin so i'm very happy to have such awesome members of this guild  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:33 pm
I'm just glad I found this place. It helps a lot to know that others are struggling with me, and that they'll mention ideas or techniques I haven't thought of trying. Even if I'm the one giving advice, I feel a lot more motivated after I've given it, because I've reminded myself of something more I could do, or of how motivated I am on behalf of others.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SquishyAngeh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:33 pm
I really wish half the population of gaia would join this guild......maybe they dont need to loose weight, but they can at least join to help root for the rest of us!

But yeah, that would be awesome if people can make banners, and spred the word, cause this seems like an awesome guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:54 am
I also think that people who do come here, and then don't come back, have a couple of reasons. One, they've decided to spend their time offline and active, which is great! Or two, that they're not really committed to their weight loss, and being here makes them feel guilty. If it's the latter, they'll be back when they decide they're serious about their own health, and we'll surely be glad to see them again.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:19 am
I just joined today, and I think this guild will be an awesome support group & a good place to get ideas & give ideas.

I'm trying to loose ~25 pounds (5"3' 155lbs) So I will definitely be coming here a lot! I'll also make sure I advertise on my profile and what-not.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games