Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dragon magic? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Chakra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:34 am
My friend claims that he is into all of these different things, but there was only one thing that registered on my radar(as in I thought the rest was bullshit).
Dragon magic, I think I've heard of it before...
But here's my question, is it bullshit?
Does it work, or have any basis in reality?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:48 am
Light Chakra
My friend claims that he is into all of these different things, but there was only one thing that registered on my radar(as in I thought the rest was bullshit).

Celtic Point of view:
My God's a dragon. He's the gaurdian of the Celts.
In the Celtic Mythos, Dragons are creatures to be feared, respected and, where possible, avoided.

Unless a dragon taps you on the shoulder and says "oi, you. You're mine". leave them alone. They're dragons, they are beyond our comprehension. They're big, they're easy to piss off, they set a tremendous amount of stock on appropriate behaviour, civility, manners, honour and decency however these words have become mere abstractions to us. Things to remember in days of yore.

I think your friend is either waffling, trifling in something they don't understand, or messing around with elementals and calling them dragons out of self-importance. They never would have told you otherwise.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Starlock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:44 am
I think it's a bit premature to say definitively if this kid is messing with things he shouldnt' be, is a fluff, or is BSing you. There are many different conceptualizations of dragons, and which one he's using makes a big difference. I remember seeing one book on the subject of dragon magic that looked a bit iffy, but who knows if that's what he's been using? I think if you're using dragons in visualization, say, for calling the quarters or watchtowers, there's nothing wrong with that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:39 pm
reagun ban
Light Chakra

Celtic Point of view:
My God's a dragon. He's the gaurdian of the Celts.
In the Celtic Mythos, Dragons are creatures to be feared, respected and, where possible, avoided.

Unless a dragon taps you on the shoulder and says "oi, you. You're mine". leave them alone. They're dragons, they are beyond our comprehension. They're big, they're easy to piss off, they set a tremendous amount of stock on appropriate behaviour, civility, manners, honour and decency however these words have become mere abstractions to us. Things to remember in days of yore.

I think your friend is either waffling, trifling in something they don't understand, or messing around with elementals and calling them dragons out of self-importance. They never would have told you otherwise.

Thank you for the feed back, I highly appreciate this.
It may seem trivial, but it seemed important at the time... Plus I was a little curious myself.  

Light Chakra

Light Chakra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:43 pm
Starlock
I think it's a bit premature to say definitively if this kid is messing with things he shouldnt' be, is a fluff, or is BSing you. There are many different conceptualizations of dragons, and which one he's using makes a big difference. I remember seeing one book on the subject of dragon magic that looked a bit iffy, but who knows if that's what he's been using? I think if you're using dragons in visualization, say, for calling the quarters or watchtowers, there's nothing wrong with that.

As mentioned before, thanks for the input.
The stuff he was going on about, just didn't seem right to me, so I registered it as BS. He's the type to blither on about things to make himself /seem/ important, special, different, controversial, and individual... So I assumed it the same.
And also as I said before only once maybe had I heard of dragon magic before so I was just curious to see if he /actually/ knew what he was talking about for once.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:45 pm
Starlock

As mentioned before, thanks for the input.
The stuff he was going on about, just didn't seem right to me, so I registered it as BS. He's the type to blither on about things to make himself /seem/ important, special, different, controversial, and individual... So I assumed it the same.
And also as I said before only once maybe had I heard of dragon magic before so I was just curious to see if he /actually/ knew what he was talking about for once.  

Light Chakra

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:20 am
Starlock
I think if you're using dragons in visualization, say, for calling the quarters or watchtowers, there's nothing wrong with that.

Why would one use dragons to call the corners?
There's no overlap that I'm aware of between dragon mythos and the corners neccesseties.
There are no "fire dragons", "earth dragons", "air dragons", "water dragons" and "spirit dragons" in either the celtic system nor (before anyone gets on my case) in the Asian systems. There are elemental dragons in the Asian systems but they use a different system of elements to us so that's a no go too.
Give me a reason that summoning up a dragon just to witness you drawing a circle is anything other than arrogant, rude and/or showing off.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:56 pm
reagun ban
Starlock
I think if you're using dragons in visualization, say, for calling the quarters or watchtowers, there's nothing wrong with that.

Why would one use dragons to call the corners?
There's no overlap that I'm aware of between dragon mythos and the corners neccesseties.
There are no "fire dragons", "earth dragons", "air dragons", "water dragons" and "spirit dragons" in either the celtic system nor (before anyone gets on my case) in the Asian systems. There are elemental dragons in the Asian systems but they use a different system of elements to us so that's a no go too.
Give me a reason that summoning up a dragon just to witness you drawing a circle is anything other than arrogant, rude and/or showing off.

Why do you have to be using a historically based system? There's no rule outlining such, depending on what you follow.

feel like you may have not quite gotten what I was implying. The keyword of that sentance is "visualization". In other words, you're not *summoning* anything. You're using the image as a visual focus for yourself, instead of, say, visualizing just a flame or a gust of wind. I didn't mean to imply summoning at all, but even it if was summoning, I don't quite see how that's arrogant, rude, or showing off unless one fails to treat them with the same kind of respect one should always treat such things with in the first place.  

Starlock

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:22 am
This is an area that has always interested me. My best friend claims to be a "Dragoon". Now I believe in such possibilities so she could be a dragoon or she could just think she is because of her love of dragons and Dragon lore. Any way does any one know of any good books on the subject of Dragon mythology?

I mean other then the sterotypical dragon takes princess. Princess dies or becomnes their servent. While I like those stories I know their is much more out there. So, yeah. I am interested in Dragonic lore.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:55 am
Starlock
Why do you have to be using a historically based system?

Urm, you mean as opposed to just making s**t up?

Starlock
There's no rule outlining such, depending on what you follow.

Says who? I think the dragons may disagree with you.
"Oh, I'm sorry mr Dragon, I don't follow your rules, I was just 'visualising'"
*snarl growl flame*
"AHG I'M ON FIRE HELP ME AGH"

Starlock
I feel like you may have not quite gotten what I was implying. The keyword of that sentance is "visualization". In other words, you're not *summoning* anything. You're using the image as a visual focus for yourself, instead of, say, visualizing just a flame or a gust of wind.

That's real nice and all.
The calling of the corners isn't a visualisation, though.
So you are summoning.

Starlock
I didn't mean to imply summoning at all, but even it if was summoning, I don't quite see how that's arrogant, rude, or showing off unless one fails to treat them with the same kind of respect one should always treat such things with in the first place.

How would you feel if I ripped your soul from where it's meant to be and ordered you to watch my ritual?  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Dark Water Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:52 am
Light Chakra
Its where you connect into the astreal plane and tap into dragon energies 3nodding theres a book somewhere about it........  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 5:09 pm
Dark Water Mage
Its where you connect into the astreal plane and tap into dragon energies 3nodding theres a book somewhere about it........

Right, I'm gonna be delicate. This is the rehab board which means that you at least realise you have a problem.
This post is indicative of fluff.
It is the worst kind of fluff.
"Connect into the astreal plane"?
The ASTRAL plane is not the internet. One projects oneself onto it, not connects oneself to it. If you're not already connected to the astral plane, there's something seriously wrong with you.
"Tap into dragon energies"?
Are you serious? Did you read my post on what Dragons are and what they would do to people like you?
Have you ever done any of this? If so, please elaborate on how and what effects it had.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

godhi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:00 am
Dark Water Mage
Light Chakra
Its where you connect into the astreal plane and tap into dragon energies 3nodding theres a book somewhere about it...

If you're talking about the book by D.J. Conway, it's absolute garbage.
But since D.J. Conway is infamous for her poor scholarship as well as her talent for making things up and claiming them to be historically accurate, just about everything she writes is garbage.
Caveat Emptor!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:35 pm
reagun ban

Starlock
I didn't mean to imply summoning at all, but even it if was summoning, I don't quite see how that's arrogant, rude, or showing off unless one fails to treat them with the same kind of respect one should always treat such things with in the first place.

How would you feel if I ripped your soul from where it's meant to be and ordered you to watch my ritual?

~pops some popcorn, chills some sodas, and watches~

Naw- even that aside, the suggestion I would make would be that if people want to work with "dragons" work with dragon shaped thoughtforms.  

TeaDidikai

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:16 pm
Charity.Solei
This is an area that has always interested me. My best friend claims to be a "Dragoon". Now I believe in such possibilities so she could be a dragoon or she could just think she is because of her love of dragons and Dragon lore. Any way does any one know of any good books on the subject of Dragon mythology?

I mean other then the sterotypical dragon takes princess. Princess dies or becomnes their servent. While I like those stories I know their is much more out there. So, yeah. I am interested in Dragonic lore.

Dragoon eh? How high can she jump?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces