Reply Rude Discussion
So I was called emo for wearing checkers... Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:11 pm
Now, personally I hate emo things. I hate the music, I hate the attitude. Im a happy person. But I was called emo for wearing checkered shoes, I just replied with "I hate emo music." But this brought the emo vs. ska image to my attention. Im well aware that ska has been out long before emo, so it looks like the emo scene kinda stole the ska scene image. Suits, checkers, ties. The whole bit (give or take a few things). The only difference is they changed checkers from black and white to red and black.

But dont get me wrong, I dont like labling people by the way they look.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 pm
i say screw the scenes and just listen to the music i just like making fun of self declared emo ppl  

Don Caballero

McHuggies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:09 pm
I've been called emo more times than I'd like to count...
The thing is, I don't hate anything emo except the stereotype.
Just because I dress a certain way doesn't mean I mope around crying about my gf while cutting myself.
I just happen to be quiet.
People are always surprised and/or confused that I'm an upbeat person.

And it's true that emo kids have stolen some of the ska scene's trademark looks.
But just about all the "emo kids" I know actually listen to ska too.

This is how well labels work.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:46 pm
OHMYGOD. Honestly, theres nothing worse being called emo as a rudy. Its just wrong!

As for my opinion, the emo steriotype.. I can't stand it. It's not so much as hating it because it's against ska it's just stupid to be sad and listen to what.. "I miss you" music. I mean, come on whats the point?

I have not seen any emo scene kids wearing checkers. I'm sure I'd upset me to see it though.  

a white shadow

Canada3952

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:41 pm
xXDrummingBeastXx
Now, personally I hate emo things. I hate the music, I hate the attitude. Im a happy person. But I was called emo for wearing checkered shoes, I just replied with "I hate emo music." But this brought the emo vs. ska image to my attention. Im well aware that ska has been out long before emo, so it looks like the emo scene kinda stole the ska scene image. Suits, checkers, ties. The whole bit (give or take a few things). The only difference is they changed checkers from black and white to red and black.

when did they move to suits and checkers?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:55 am
Most emo kids I know wear their sister's pants.
But alot of 'em wear the checkered Vans. I suppose at least one part of the body should be comfortable...  

annerbelle

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:27 pm
Canada3952
xXDrummingBeastXx

Thats how it's always been around me. Not the same kind a suits though... still suits, nontheless.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:10 am
xXDrummingBeastXx
Canada3952
xXDrummingBeastXx

Thats how it's always been around me. Not the same kind a suits though... still suits, nontheless.
Mostly ties, some hat from hot topic, and girl pants for the emo kids here. No checkered shoes, nor suits. I'm the only guy who wears a three peice in my school. xd  

Paxter Walker

Generous Hunter

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:15 am
Max Fischer-Valuck
xXDrummingBeastXx
Canada3952
xXDrummingBeastXx

Mostly ties, some hat from hot topic, and girl pants for the emo kids here. No checkered shoes, nor suits. I'm the only guy who wears a three peice in my school. xd

Just the other day, like 4 people in the emo crowd came to me and asked "where'd you get those shoes? I need those!"
Plenty of emo people wear checkers around me gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:51 pm
sorry i am in a particularly bad mood because yesterday at school decided to make the only pair of gloves i have to keep me warm at night, to turn them emo when I went to the bathroom... so ******** pissed of now i have frostbite and it hurts liek a b***h... I hate sleeping under an over pass..

xdemonicallyxyours13x

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:00 pm
evilfaerie13
sorry i am in a particularly bad mood because yesterday at school decided to make the only pair of gloves i have to keep me warm at night, to turn them emo when I went to the bathroom... so ******** pissed of now i have frostbite and it hurts liek a b***h... I hate sleeping under an over pass..

...what? eek  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:14 am
evilfaerie13

umm you sleep under and overpass, but use gaia?  

Canada3952

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:30 am
Canada3952
evilfaerie13

umm you sleep under and overpass, but use gaia?

She owns a laptop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:16 pm
yeah i also use the library and things... right now actually i am squatting in an abandoned house...  

xdemonicallyxyours13x

Status Quo Joe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:17 pm
evilfaerie13
yeah i also use the library and things... right now actually i am squatting in an abandoned house...

Choking V
Morning G
LOC
We never stop

Damn Squatters
lol  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers