Reply Rude Discussion
is it just me or is this guild dying???? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:10 pm
yeah things are kinda slow now... just startin to think the guild is dying...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:49 pm
It will pick back up again, it's just a really busy part of the year for everybody.

And besides, most new ska sucks =P stressed  

King Of The Ska
Captain

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:37 pm
King Of The Ska
It will pick back up again, it's just a really busy part of the year for everybody.

And besides, most new ska sucks =P stressed

Well thats an opinion xp
All ska is good ska if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:52 pm
hey i comment whenever i have some thing to actually add, and i like most of the ska thats out there today, just a bunch of big bands have broken up recently and we havnt gotten any new big ones, like when we lost suicide machines  

Canada3952

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 pm
yeah true... and yeah most new ska has something to either do with emo kid stealing other scenes, and ppl that just plain suck getting famous...

to me scene doesnt exist its all about te music ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:01 pm
hmm shouldnt we have a new wave of ska in a few years? its been going every 20 years or so theres a new main popular style, but with the way ideas spread nowadays and the freedomness of expression might not work that way, since there is alot of different ska types out there right now. during the 90s it took ska and combined it with some popular music at the time, i dont follow current music really anymore,and dont listen to the radio but i hear the popular thing is emo music, and im not sure how well taking modern popular music and fusing it with ska is going to turn out nowadays. Music may change alot in four years tho and if ska does follow its 20 year cycle of new waves then we may have something good to look forward to

until then we get to wait a while unless some good ska bands pop up to liven up things  

Canada3952

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:02 pm
Canada3952
hmm shouldnt we have a new wave of ska in a few years? its been going every 20 years or so theres a new main popular style, but with the way ideas spread nowadays and the freedomness of expression might not work that way, since there is alot of different ska types out there right now. during the 90s it took ska and combined it with some popular music at the time, i dont follow current music really anymore,and dont listen to the radio but i hear the popular thing is emo music, and im not sure how well taking modern popular music and fusing it with ska is going to turn out nowadays. Music may change alot in four years tho and if ska does follow its 20 year cycle of new waves then we may have something good to look forward to

until then we get to wait a while unless some good ska bands pop up to liven up things

Just waiting for Streetlights new album.
That'll do the trick for me. Less then a year to go (or so they say)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:22 pm
omg drumming i did a cover of the song in your sig XP i love streetlight- better place better time ^_^  

Don Caballero

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:55 pm
yaoifanboykitty
omg drumming i did a cover of the song in your sig XP i love streetlight- better place better time ^_^

My band did too whee  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:43 pm
xXDrummingBeastXx
yaoifanboykitty

My band did too whee

haha mines the pedestrians i play bass and backing vocals whats ur bands name???  

Don Caballero

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:58 pm
yaoifanboykitty
xXDrummingBeastXx
yaoifanboykitty

My band did too whee

haha mines the pedestrians i play bass and backing vocals whats ur bands name???

Melomaniacs. I play drums, obviously. What instruments/how many members do you have?

I've got 6 members - guitar/vocals, bass, drums, trombone, and two trumpets.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:41 pm
im new to this but i can till its dying lol, replys arent very fast haha  

Chekur

Don Caballero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:22 pm
xXDrummingBeastXx
yaoifanboykitty
xXDrummingBeastXx
yaoifanboykitty

My band did too whee

Melomaniacs. I play drums, obviously. What instruments/how many members do you have?

I've got 6 members - guitar/vocals, bass, drums, trombone, and two trumpets.

we're originally a 4 piece band but we have people come and do the horns section for us originally we're TK(me) dave(vocal) kyle(keyboard) and matt (drums) but sometimes we have brooke (sax) cody (trumpet) matt (trumpet) and my brother on trombone  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:50 pm
To contrubute to this band talk.

I'm in
Krypt Kreepers [Horrorska][Sax,Guitar,Vokills][Horrorpunk slang]

Captain Hampton and The Midget Pirates
[Aquabats style duh][Screaming Super Rad!,Guitar,Vox]  

Status Quo Joe

McHuggies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:28 pm
Canada3952

The "new thing" in ska now is to throw in some screamo or just give it an emo theme all together.
Some are calling it 4th wave, while others still refuse to call it ska at all.

Music is in constant evolution, so it gets harder to find bands that carry on a traditional sound.

And I'm not really sure if the guild is dying or not because I've been innactive on gaia for a little over a year now.
But yeah, it's noticeably slower than it was last year.
It might just be this time of the year, but it's tough to say really.
All I know is that I'll still be dropping in to celebrate all things ska.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff