Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply The Friends of English Magic Guild
Recommend a Book to the AAY Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:28 pm
This is an Avi Above You game where you look at the avatar of the person who posted above you and recommend a "Friends of English Magic" style book that they might enjoy. Let's play!

Also, if you read the book and love it, remember to thank the creative genius who suggested it.

There avi above me is invisible. try...Magical Beasts and Where to Find Them. A Comic Relief by JK Rowing. It has invisible things.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:19 am
The avi above me has a pet baby dragon -
gotta read Eragon  

Simon Wells

Lady Pole
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:15 am
I'd recommend A Series of Unfortunate Events because you have your nose in a book and another book under your arm. I think you'll like Klaus.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:43 pm
I would reccomend old, Victorian faerie tales, to you, based on the way your avatar is dressed. Try The Night Girl and the Day Boy, by George MacDonald.  

RyaniTenebrae

Mordred Strange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:24 pm
Your nature-themed hair reminds me of nymphs, so I would suggest Ogre, Ogre by Piers Anthony, which has a nymph as the main character, despite the title xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:29 pm
Your avi is kind of dark and there's that whole shadow-of-death thing going on. I'll recommend American Gods by Neil Gaiman. Of course, I'd recommend that to anyone. Heh.  

[Whiplash.Girlchild]

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:35 pm
Ah, pirate style! Definitely The Bloody Jack Tales by LA Meyer, and Pirates!, by Cecilia Rees or Piratica by Tanith Lee.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:54 am
You have flaming red hair, like Tris. I reccomend The Circle of Magic series, by Tamora Pierce.  

RyaniTenebrae

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:14 pm
Ooh, will do. Any you look feisty and casutic like Meliara. I suggest Crown Duel.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:25 am
Well, another great dragon book for you is His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik.  

Ashanti Codex

The Raven King

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:31 pm
Another pirate, so
Aeliara
Ah, pirate style! Definitely The Bloody Jack Tales by LA Meyer, and Pirates!, by Cecilia Rees or Piratica by Tanith Lee.

Plus maybe Treasure Island, if you've never read it  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:47 am
I would reccomend I Am Mordred, due to an angsty character who dresses in black, and a subplot involving ravens. For an even better book about Mordred, try The Winter Prince by Elizabeth E. Wein.  

RyaniTenebrae

ButterscotchLion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:52 am
Since you apparently like Mordred, I recommend The Book of Mordred by Vivian Van Velde.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:42 pm
Hmm...you hace sort of a dark fairy thing going on. I reccomend Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennon.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
The Friends of English Magic Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items