Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Mpreg? Gross, wrong, or misunderstood? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:01 pm
I have to say, I don't really like Mpreg. The second a story turns into 'Whoops, got pregnant' and they're both male, I stop reading.

However, there was one where Kisame from Naruto got Itachi pregnant, and it got me thinking...

If Itachi was going to have Kisame's babies, since Kisame is some sort of freaky fish man, would Itachi have to lay eggs?

All this and other thoughts you have on Mpreg!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:19 pm
Let me put it this way.

I don't know if I like mpreg because I've never read a fanfiction with mpreg that was ever completed. People say they're gonna write it, then they never finish it. It kind of annoys me. My sis is supposedly writing one, and I'll gladly read it as long as it involves two boys, but she's been working on the story for months and it's gone NOWHERE.

And in answer to your question about Kisame and Itachi...

I dont know so why don't you read the rest of it and see where the writer takes it? 3nodding  

bishie-boy

kageling

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:26 pm
I'm not particularly into it myself, but I make it a point not to bash anyone else's preferences. It can be done well, I'll tell you that.

And yeah, stuff like your hypothetical question are usually the fanartist's (and by that I mean any form of art, written, visual, etc.) discretion.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:22 pm
If it's written well; take a chance to read it. It'll prolly have it's hilarious moments, moments where the victim gets a craving for pickles and ice-cream.... telling the father *snorts* tears, depressed sections and the JOY of FATHERHOOD! *chuckles evilly* Yeah... I could recommend one or two good ones I thought had a pretty good explanation of HOW a male gets impregnated...  

psychotic LEE

Phantom Storyteller

5,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:08 pm
I’d like to say firmly it’s biologically impossible for a man to get pregnant, but I haven’t actually researched that topic specifically. Knowing what I do about human anatomy I wouldn’t think it impossible, but I suppose the human imagination knows no bounds…

I’m not really interested in stuff that seems so far-fetched. If one of the partners is some kind of hermaphrodite I’d like it, because I could see how it could happen. I have an odd interest in hermaphrodites, which by the way don’t reproduce a-sexually. They simply are both genders and usually need a partner to reproduce.

Anyway, I’m not into men getting pregnant. It seems like a dumb joke, because normally men don’t have wombs O_o;; and it’s disgusting to think a baby could grow in intestines. I’ve never read anything or saw anything about a guy getting pregnant other than that one show, but yeah… it weird to me. … [But look who’s talking… me and my hermaphrodite ….interest. ninja ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:38 am
i'm not completely into or against mpreg.... but it simply depends on the coupling... for instance gundam wing, duoXheero.... no... duoXquatre... maybe... i can imagine quatre being a mother type... where as heeo would've shot the baby and duo would be like, "shut up!! PLEASE STOP CRYING!!" i mean duo's a caring guy... but no... he's not that motherly... o_o;;  

MrNailVT

Demonic Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Pomba Gira

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:57 am
I don't really like it much, mainly because all the fics tend to be the same thing, only with different characters. I can say though that i have read one mpreg fic which i loved, but it was ...different to say the least!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:35 pm
For me it's just barely tolerable with, like, Harry Potter and such since it's the "wizarding world".

But even then, it still pisses me off. It's like a really half-assed gender bender. -_-  

Elaborate Testes

Akurei Demon Wolf

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:25 pm
hmm..well like you guys keep saying " Depends on how it's written" but I've actually role played two male pregs. xd yea twice with the same characters and once with original. Now let's break this down. In the first one I did, there was my character and the other person's character( the man mama) xd ) now her character was a demon and his "type of demon" could get pregnant if they were male, because if like I don't know there were no female types of his demon around then males could get pregnant >.< yea it was odd and we never really said how the baby was born it just was xd and we only did this twice. My second experience my role play friends character is like the devil's nephew and is a high ranking demon so ge made a deal with his uncle so that my character and him could have a baby. Now this one made sence of how the baby was born cause he got cut open to get the baby out sweatdrop but yea that's my experiences and...omg you all think I'm weird now!! gonk ( whee yea...I'm odd )  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:07 pm
Honestly? I've read one good Mpreg fic- ONE- which is still continuing. It's called "The Unexpected I" and it's from FAKE. I love it. X3 I hope she updates soon.  

Kitsune-chi

Pax et lux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm
The only fanfic I read with mpreg was barely even a paragraph, and I still didn't even care for it.

But, I suppose that's the beauty of freedom in words. People can come up with whatever nonsense they desire and express it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:43 pm
Phantom Shifter
I’m not really interested in stuff that seems so far-fetched. If one of the partners is some kind of hermaphrodite I’d like it, because I could see how it could happen. I have an odd interest in hermaphrodites, which by the way don’t reproduce a-sexually. They simply are both genders and usually need a partner to reproduce.

Actually, all hermaphrodites in the human race are born sterile. Can't have babies.  

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:13 pm
I haven't seen a good one yet, but then I admit I haven't seen that many. If it was done well, I would like to read it. Same response as I expect most of you have.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm
I suppose it's one of those things that depends on preferance.
I've yet to read one that I've liked, but maby that's just me.

But, oh
I heard that scientists are researching ectopic pregnancy to see if they can use that concept to impregnate men.  

IY_and_MCR

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

jene-chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:14 pm
MinaMouse
I have to say, I don't really like Mpreg. The second a story turns into 'Whoops, got pregnant' and they're both male, I stop reading.

However, there was one where Kisame from Naruto got Itachi pregnant, and it got me thinking...

If Itachi was going to have Kisame's babies, since Kisame is some sort of freaky fish man, would Itachi have to lay eggs?

All this and other thoughts you have on Mpreg!

I personally was not interested myself.....  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff