Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
AZN "crews"??? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:09 pm
I see these "Asian crews" sometimes. Like a big group of Asians (doesn't matter what nationality) that hang out together, and do things like take pictures together (LOTS of pictures...especially photoshoots and purikura), hang out at the arcade and play DDR, drink bubble tea, hang out at the mall and be loud and crazy, breakdance, hang out in Chinatown, and well...usually, the stereotypical things.

*shrug* confused

So...discuss:
- have you ever had your own 'crew'?
- if so, do you have a name for it? like for ex: 'We're the 702 AZNS crew!', 'The Barkadas' , 'BFF Asians', 'The south-Cali AZNS', etc. rofl
- was it just Asian-only or did it have people from other races?
- was it all-boy/girl or both genders?
- if you've never been in one, have you ever wish you were?
- do you like this whole 'crew' idea? Why or why not?
- if you do have a crew, what do you and your crew like to do in your hang-out time?
- ...any interesting or funny stories that happened with you and your crew? XDD

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:33 pm
I did not understand a word of what you were talking about. It may be because I was born and raised in the states.People mostly hang out with their close friends because they feel comfortable with them.  

ShigureAishite

TyphusV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:27 pm
well, I was born in canada, but my backround is Korean. I am in a crew thing, and we are pretty good friends. Your right when you say we do everything together, and we are really tight (NOT HOMOSEXUAL). It's sort of like a brotherly bond i guess, but the crew that I'm in is mainly the Banana Boys. We were born in canada, but our parents are immagrants razz  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:32 pm
There aren't many Asians in my school, so I don't have a lot of Asian friends. In fact, all of my closest friends are white, but it doesn't matter to me what the person's race is as long as they're fun to be around. But, I usually hang out with other girls… I have a lot of guy friends too. Very few of them are Asian, either.

Most of my Asian friends, I haven't gotten the chance to get really close to. One of my current Asian friends is annoying the hell out of me right now, and I don't get a chance to talk to a Korean friend of mine I knew from junior high anymore. And my Chinese friend moved halfway through my freshmen year. X3

Ouiaboo

[ `RAWR ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:46 pm
Yesh. My school's got an asian crew for every grade.
Except 7th.
Stupid sevies. They don't realize that they need to make one for eighth.

It was all girl, one boy, but he left to hangout with some b***h other person.

2 koreans.
1 half korean
3 vietnamese/chinese-ish.
1 philipino
1 african-american

Right now its all girls.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:37 pm
Lolll.
I have an "Asian Crew". We're all Asian...some are mixed like half Asian half white or whatever. But we mix and mingle with other crews too.
Like the flip crew....  

Laughing Platypus

Sakura~Kusanagi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:40 pm
In my school, we don't have one big Asian Crew, but several little ones. There are boy asians, girl Asians, Asians that like to draw, smart/nerdy Asians, athletic Asians, all types! I am friends with the Asians that like to draw, since I like to draw too. And the good thing is, they don't all do mean stuff like taunt and bully other cliques and stuff, they are just...there.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 3:56 pm
In Middle school in 6th grade..well it wasn't a asian crew..

Their was like 3 Chinese, 1 Japanese, and 1 not-asian..we just walk around sit and talk..

Now i'm in 9th grade I usually hang out with 1 to 3 people..they are asian though. I dunno why, I just naturally make friends with asians..

Lalaworld

Anxious Noob

xamazingliesx

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:13 pm
im not really in an asian crew
some of the people i know have one
but i dont  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:24 pm
Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of Asians in my school, and the few Asians that are.. well, let's just say they're not exactly friends with me. rolleyes

Shigures Editor

buriteni

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:30 pm
Well I don't have a crew just friends i hang out with. I mingle with different groups and hang with anyone who wants me. Mostly they are white or black there aren't many asians probably just 10 that i've seen in a school with over 8thousand students and i only know 2. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:29 pm
I have a million different friends and they're from all races.
Though theres a few that I tend to hang out with a lot, and my closest friends are Asian. Not because they're Asian, but we speak the same language and our parents speak the same language, and we just get along better somehow.

I find that when I run into those Asian "crews", especially in malls, I find that they all look the same. I'm probably one of them, but I can't help but notice that sometimes.

Venused

Duezt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:38 pm
My school doesn't offer enough asians to make a crew.

It's only me and my one filipino friend. Not only because we're filipino but because we both play basketball, have the same interest and same sense of stupid humor.

Honestly, in New Jersey I never see people hanging out with a group of the same race. It's always mixed up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:51 pm
hehe crew? well maybe a group...a crew sounds so scary XD.
My schools wayy multicultural, so my group's basically ...VERY multicultural =/

aleash

.hidden melody.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.hidden melody. says...

eh... i guess you could call my group of friends a crew? XD we refer to ourselves as a group though. we do have a viet crew at school. m... but we dont really do stereotypical things i guess? xD no photoshoots or anything.

we have like... i think over 10 people and theyre all asian, but not all one ethnicity like chinese, japanese etc... xD; its mostly chinese, then a few taiwanese, one korean, a viet, and a philipino, even number of boys and girls. most of them are hooked up though so it's really boring >>;; i guess that's the bad part of being in a group or crew, you become so attatched that you really dont have as many other options outside of that group. .-.;

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff