5%
 5%  [ 5 ]
POLLWHORE
8%
 8%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 93

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
-How to look more Asian-

(Yes, I'm being totally serious.)

I am 100% Filipino. I know that's arguable as to whether or not being Filipino is being Asian. Some would consider Filipinos strictly Pacific Islanders. Some would say we're Asian-Pacific Islanders. But, whatever.

I have a problem.D=<

Because of my "spanish eyes" and my light skin, I look nothing like my cousins and fellow filipinos. My hair is turning brown and being kinda "tall" doesn't help much either. Whenever I'm at asian gatherings.. like the asian super market, parties, clubs etc. I'm always at least 3 inches taller than everyone. Not a big deal? It is to me. I'm always looked at as if I'm an alien.. as if I was lost. My family doens't help much either. While, they still practice filipino customs, they're lost thier accents. I'm probably one of the few who are embarassed that thier parents have no accent..

I'm constantly called, "white girl" I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being being surprised to learnt hat I'm asian. I wan to outwardly look like I belong. I'm sure they are others, too.

This is a place where all asian misfits can come in search of both suggestions/advice on looking more asian and friends.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

EDIT:

R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
Okie, I've gotten all the answers I was expecting to hear. "Just be happy with the way you look, You look fine!"

Thanks for trying to cheer me up.

But, frankly, I'm not happy with the way I look. I wanna know of ways to change it. It's nothing bad like surgery or eating disorders or whatever. If it doens't hurt me, then why shouldn't I make myself look pleasing in my eyes? You have no self confidence if you're not comfortable with the way you look, no?

EDIT:
ZOMG.

Just a few moments ago..

Me: -bumps into girls bookbag-

Her: Excuse you, f--king little Chinese girl

(something like that)

Me: (to Nick) OMG.. Someone actually thinks I'm Asian!!

rofl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm
-How to be more Asian-
(from the posters)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

...I suggest trying Japanese and Korean street fashions, and try putting cute accessories in your hair like chopsticks...especially multiple chopsticks! XD Put a maximum of 4 chopsitcks in your hair.

And color your hair jet black or blue-black. XD

And to keep it darker and prevent it from going brown, try the black Sunsilk and Creamsilk shampoo and conditioner.

I find that most Asians dress in a scenester way...and like really hip clothing (the ones here anyway). So like, go to a really asian mall and dress more "asian"...although its an expensive wardrobe.

Be more interested in being asian and show a tad bit more pride maybe?

I also suggest wearing Japanese yukata or those Chinese dresses. XD

And try eyeliner on too. You should do that 'Asian line-sweeping thing' on your top eyelids to make your eyes have a more "almond-Asian" like look.

Hyped up TeaCup

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:27 pm
BUMP  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:37 pm
Totally hawt for an Asian Filipino! Alright lets ignore that lol. Anyway your beautiful so ignore those morons who think they are more special then you. Often we have to endured those disses even if it is racists. So take a deep breath or punch something when you get home at least to let it go.
I'm somewhat a misfit guy myself. I think like an Emo which kind of gave me a hard time to make friends. lol Though I made it, made some friends who were currently Asians (obvious lol). I don't dress like an Emo since wearing all black is kind of stupid. Since I suck at computer, I can't transfer my photo.. lol Man gotta learn these stuff.  

T-Neffy

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:31 pm
I agree with you. (except for being a hott filipino surprised )

Wearing all black all the time is dumb. Whoever said that it made people look awesome?

Aaaand, of course I shouldn't take my peer's opinions of me seriously. But its not just them who are saying such things. It's my fmaily as well. I'm just tired of being an outsider in my own fmaily, is all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:45 pm
Okay, first of all, let's get this straight:

Filipinos = SOUTHEAST ASIANS.

We go along with Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, etc. in the Southeast Asia group.
We are waaaaay too far away from the Pacfic Islands group to be considered Pacific Islanders, even though the Philippines is a group of 7,000 islands. Hey, Japan and Taiwan are islands too, and they're sitting on the Pacific Ocean...or at least near it. They should be considered Pacific Islanders too then. >>;

[/rant]

But anyway...

...screw what those people say! >O
They know nothing and they are ignorant.
And light skin is beautiful. heart
Do you see all those Pinoy stars on The Filipino Channel!? They have light skin! Kind of like the Koreans, very light skin.

I wish I had light skin. crying
But I'm tall like you too. =O
And being tall is good, especially in the modeling world. xD
I know I too feel out of place sometimes, I actually get complimented a lot about my height by Asians. XD

But if you sincerely insist on looking more 'Asian'...

*sigh*

...I suggest trying Japanese and Korean street fashions, and try putting cute accessories in your hair like chopsticks...especially multiple chopsticks! XD Put a maximum of 4 chopsitcks in your hair.

And color your hair jet black or blue-black. XD
And to keep it darker and prevent it from going brown, try the black Sunsilk and Creamsilk shampoo and conditioner. They have henna in them to make your hair naturally blacker and shinier, and you can get them at any Filipino stores for around $3-5.

I also suggest wearing Japanese yukata or those Chinese dresses. XD

Oh! And try eyeliner on too. You should do that 'Asian line-sweeping thing' on your top eyelids to make your eyes have a more "almond-Asian" like look.

Weeelll, that's all I could suggest and adivse to you right now. I hope this helps! ^^

Jelai

Hyped up TeaCup

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Quote:

Yeah.. thanks for getting that straightened out o__o

ANYWAY.

And I do everything you suggest. I do use Creamsilk/Sunsilk from the Philippines. I do use eyeliner for the "almond -eyed" look. But I think I end up looking more Indian.

And yes, I've noticed all the light skinned Filipinos who are stars. But honestly, I'd feel much better with brown skin than light skin. Don't ask why.. unless you want to hear my opinion on "slavery" in the Philippines.

But. I guess I should stop obsessing over this? Looking more Asian I mean? There really isn't n e thign I can change about myself except my skin color and hair color. Even still, I'll only look indian (it's my damn nose). But I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:02 pm
R.a.i.i.n.M.a.k.e.r
Quote:

Yeah.. thanks for getting that straightened out o__o

ANYWAY.

And I do everything you suggest. I do use Creamsilk/Sunsilk from the Philippines. I do use eyeliner for the "almond -eyed" look. But I think I end up looking more Indian.

And yes, I've noticed all the light skinned Filipinos who are stars. But honestly, I'd feel much better with brown skin than light skin. Don't ask why.. unless you want to hear my opinion on "slavery" in the Philippines.

But. I guess I should stop obsessing over this? Looking more Asian I mean? There really isn't n e thign I can change about myself except my skin color and hair color. Even still, I'll only look indian (it's my damn nose). But I dunno.

We share the same name. (btw)

Hyped up TeaCup

iMahalKita

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:02 pm
    I feel the same way you do.
    One time this little kid called me a white girl on the bus.
    *twitch*.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:07 pm
Ah, you shouldnt worry so much about looking asian. I don't really think anything would make a difference if you did look more asian. My friend doesn't look asian at all because he's half russian and half filipino but yet he loves telling people he's asian therefore everyone knows that he's asian.

It's the inside that counts? confused

P.S.

In Philippines you'll be counted as a mestizo since you don't 100% filipino yet you are and everyone in Philippines love that. I'm a mestizo myself. I look like I have spanish in me yet I'm 100% filipino and I am a light skin filipino.

Duezt

bigboypinoy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:09 pm
Be content with what you have... Most of the girls in the Philippines are trying to get their skin to be paler, in the pursuit to be "whiter"...

I think you're beautiful... you can still be proud of your heritage without having to "make" yourself look a certain way... those that discriminate against you because you're different are probably just insecure about themselves...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:59 pm
Many asians color their hair lighter than dark. Also the skin little or a bit more darker by tanning or outside sports. O.o  

Pixel Chef

[.Mochi.]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:54 pm
The thing is, Filipinos aren't supposed to look like Chinese/Japanese/Korean. Most have Hispanic ancestry and mixed. >.< If some American tells you that you aren't Asian, don't listen. Most Americans are like, "Indians are Asian, whaaat?!"

But if you really want to follow your own culture, it may not be as "Asian" as you would like. Phillipines are pretty much like a second Mexico, with pretty tourist attractions and overcrowded cities with different cultures mixed in.

You see, your preference for "Asian" is basically like most people. Asian doesn't mean just Chinese/Korean/Japanese/other. Just be yourself.... Or you're just like the people who are like, "You're Asian?"

And most Filipinos don't look that Asian either... o.o

Just my 2 cents. xD

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas