Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Lost In Translation Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:28 pm
Intro, Disclaimerand News

This will be my attempt to write down the details of my path. This is going to be a struggle for me as there are no source books to refer. I also have never bothered to say most of this out-loud so translating it into words may lose some thing in the translation(as the title may suggest I do not even have a formal name for my path).

In all likely-hood, I will end up editing this a few times, to try to make it more clear or add some thing that did not happen to wonder through my mind when I first worked on it.

Disclaimer-
First- I am sure there are probally spelling and grammar errors. If you want to be helpful when you see one just PM me and I will get around to fixing it.

Secondly- Just because your disagree doesn't mean that I am going to change my mind. Maybe we will never see eye to eye and I hope that we could come to terms with that.

News
12/03/2006- Created thread
12/07/2006- Added healing example to magic section.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:29 pm
Some Basics

I guess I should start with an introduction. You can all call me cat. I am an other kin, feline as you probably figured out (not a furry, please do not call me a furry I find this very insulting. Yes, I realize there other kin have a very bad name. Keep in mind that these ill examples are likely the result of fluffy “other kin”. Besides furries are something completely different.)

I do not worship any gods. I do however respect Cat. Yes, that is cat with a capital “C”. This relations ship is more along the lines of family than that of servant. Some people say this is a form or worship and maybe it is but the idea seems so appalling that I just cannot see it that way nor do I personally define it that way. After all what sort of pathetic person worships their brother? You may admire, respect and learn from, but worship? That would be demeaning to both you and your brother.  

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:30 pm
Moral Code

The moral code for my path is a bit of a sticking point and somewhat difficult to explain. There are very few hard and fast rules of what you can and cannot do.

Be truthful-
Note, this does not mean honest. The truth is sacred and treasured it should not be abandoned lightly. This also covers collection of the truth.

Honor your family-
Family is subjective in this case. It may not mean your blood relatives. The people that are your family by choice are just as important if not more. You are to avoid needlessly harming your family.

Be true to yourself-
This means not turning your back on yourself. It also means that you should treasure your freedom and your own personal choices in life. It is all about self-respect and responsibilities.

Do not cause harm needlessly.
What defines need? You do of course. You will have to live with the choices you made. This rule is far less subjective when it comes to family.

Be ever aware or what will be caused by your actions.
With each step you take, you will change the world. It would probably be nice if you did not trample all the flowers clumsily.

If you mess up there is not a punishment just the knowledge that you failed your self and the personal responsibly you may have to clean up your mess.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:31 pm
Virtues

Also of great importance is, virtues. These are very likely to define they way your feet fall on the path or at least heavily influence it.

Some examples of virtues are but are not limited to the fallowing.

Brutality- This one can be confusing as it often makes people thing of a bully. It is more along the lines of breaking a bone so that it maybe reset. It is the willingness to take the responsibility when severe harsh and at times violent actions maybe needed.

Innocence- This is not to say you never do any thing wrong. It is a state of being not a state of action.

Curiosity- Hey it killed the cat. We wouldn’t want that, now would we? (Honestly if you can’t figure out why this is a virtue, I can’t help you.)

Insight- Knowing what’s going on is very important if you want to make it through life with out screwing up to much.

Cleverness- You can be too clever for your own good. It’s great to be able to figure out how something works. Some times this virtue and curiosity can get you in trouble.

Cunning- Cunning is the virtue of getting your tail out of the fire. When one of your other virtues lands you into trouble, getting out of it in one peace is a good thing.

Pride- Did you thought it would be a sin? Pride is a virtue of knowing your own self worth. Arrogance gets you in trouble. If you let your pride become arrogance then it isn’t a virtue any more.

Steadfastness- Like pride this can end with you shooting yourself in the foot. The willow bends when the wind is to strong while so many other trees snap.

Love- I know it sounds mushy but it really is a virtue. When you love some one (any kind of love) you can accomplish greater things for their sake.

These are a few examples of virtues. A person is not expected to fallow all of them at once. You choose the ones that apply to you and will apply to the tasks you have taken upon yourself.  

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:54 pm
Magic System

I do practice a form of magic.
In the system I, practice there is very little use of ritual or foci.
The basic idea is that you use the three parts of your self to accomplish your goal.
The three parts being

Mind- These are thoughts and what have you, but not the gray matter inside your head.

Body- This isn’t the physical form. The structure keeps us in one piece.

Being- The self. Don’t know what else to tell you about that.

One example of this is my approach to healing. The body contains with in it a complex system of energies of body mind and spirit. During an injury, the system is disrupted or even damaged. Time can heal these as it can heal the body to a point. This disruption to the system is the metaphysical equivalent to the injury. In repairing the damage to the energies of the body, you speed the healing processes and help it to heal more efficiently.

At first, one might thing that all it would take was energy of the body to mend the body but his is not the case as the spirit and the mind are tied to the flesh you live in. After studding the patterns and measure of mind body and spirit, you slowly lace the energies together by focusing them recreating the system, as it should be. Almost as important as the measure of the energy is the pattern that is used. If you are not delicate and careful, you could alter the patterns in a way that could complicate the healing process.

On the bight, side if you mess up you can just go back and reweave the energies until you get it right. With practice, it becomes second nature.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:55 pm
Special Mentions

This is where I give credit to people who ask me a good question or did some thing else helpful.  

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

catofsilence

250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:56 pm
-silence-  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:56 pm
-silence-