Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Click here if you love star trek!
  Beam Me Up!
View Results

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:48 pm
Why do people who have never watched Star Trek automactially think its stupid and nerdy? AND why do they put it in the same sentence as Star Wars? i have nothing against Star Wars (i own the original 3) its just that they aren't the same! its not fair! i don't know about you guys but i have loved star trek since i was in elementary school and i have no one to share my feelings about it because none of my friends like it!

the moral of that rant was:

Why isnt Star Trek more accepted in society? why do we have to be nerds if we watch it?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:31 pm
You ask a good question and I will now give you a good answer. The people who prejudge star trek and have never seen it are fools who have no idea what they are talking about they are simply regurgitating stereotypes feel free to ignore them.  

Saoraan

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:01 am
i agree biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:22 pm
I know that feeling. Not only do almost none of my friends LIKE Star Trek, but some of them even try to convince me to not like it either. It is SOOO annoying. Why can't I just like what I like? If people watch Star Trek and don't like it, that's fine, BUT it bugs the hell outta me when they don't even try! Then they have the nerve to try to convince me it's too nerdy and that I shouldn't like it anymore.

IF they watched Star Trek, maybe they could learn to be more accepting, because, to tell you the truth, those who don't watch it probably have the most to learn from it XD especially when it comes to learning to accept new ideas.  

TPila

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:41 pm
Excatly! my friends call me a nerd and laugh everytime i mention star trek but Star trek has morals and deals with issues such as race and discrimination more than most shows on tv right now! i htink if everyone watched star trek the world would be a more peaceful place  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:16 pm
Ever seen teh show "Trekkies"? That's the reason we're seen as Nerds.  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:06 pm
thats true we do have our own documentary but im sure hardcore star wars fans act the same way WE do but they don't get as much flack as we do. they are actually more accepted in society. don't get me wrong i love Star Wars i just love Star Trek more  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:27 am
Shotgun_Rae
thats true we do have our own documentary but im sure hardcore star wars fans act the same way WE do but they don't get as much flack as we do. they are actually more accepted in society. don't get me wrong i love Star Wars i just love Star Trek more

No, they're worse (Star Wars fans I mean). *Pokes video on her profile*.  

USS_Galactica

Benevolent Duck

15,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100

baronesswinchester

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:21 pm
It's because Star Trek makes you think. A lot of people don't like to think.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:34 am
baronesswinchester

That's probably it. Remember that it almost wasn't accepted for being too cerebral  

Princess Dustbunny

Seth Riegan

Feral Storyteller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:05 pm
Well it's because of how complex it is and a lot of people really take the time to even dress up their house to look like the inside of the USS Enterprise.

However, I like Star Trek because it is complex, it has a neat story line, and it is more plausible for being realistic (thus making it likely to happen unlike Star Wars).  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:09 pm
baronesswinchester
This explains a lot of things

slightly off topic I will also answer a question with a question why do they keep making movies like Little Man,White Chicks,stompn the yard, and Drumline. Or Mean girls, A cinderella story,confessions of a teenage drama queen  

goddess_oraorchid

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:00 am
I think part of the problem is the expectation of what people are and are not supposed to do.

I think part of the problem is that TRekkies (and "nerds") have a more expanded imagination than other people. The people around you are expecting you shouldn't keep your head in the clouds, you should focus on things that are more "real" such as soap opera and sports and the sitcoms everyone else watches - the probelem is that sports and soap opera and the like are actually just fantasies for people who can't dream beyond thier own front door. How many high school football p[layers actually make it into the NFL? How many high school cheerleaders live a life like those seen on popular sitcoms? Very very few, but because it's an easy dream to capture alot of people buy into it.

Star Trek is something that goes beyond the easy. We know now that we're not getting into space on a Galaxy class startship anytime soon, but we can trust that sooner or later things will look up to a brighter future (hey, they got communicators right, didn't they?)

If people laugh at you because you're a nerd, tell them that actually you're a very normal, wonderful person, and you aren't scared to dream farther than they can. smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:09 pm
i couldn't have said it any better... heart  

Shotgun_Rae

Travis III

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:08 pm
Travis III says- See the damn show for yourself before deciding it's bad! I used to think that Star Trek was nerdy and it was a cheap rip-off of Star Wars. But then I actually bothered to watch an episode (and realise that Trek came first) and now it's one of my favorite shows!  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff