Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime influence on Gaia (a cosplay discussion) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G.n.i.m.s.h.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:47 am
I've been a gaia member for a month or so and I've noticed that more and more people are influenced by anime and manga characters.

We see more and more naruto cosplay out there, inuyasha, hellsing, etc.. I don't want to count as many as there are.

Gaia does provide tools to create an avi of the fav anime character, but is it a good thing? Is it creative? Why can't we create something that is a representation of ourselves not a representation of our anime idol.

I don't have an answer yet and would like to hear your opinions.

Should we cosplay, or rather avoid it? (A tricky question, huh?)

I want to add that I made a little test, I've joined the arena with an Alucard cosplay, which was never in top 10. I thought "so many people like anime, it's a must top10". For now I'm not even in top 500. I will have to examine this "phenomenon", which is rather interesting.

One may think Gaia = Anime/ Manga based, but the truth might be really different.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:08 pm
I like to cosplay, but I think it's hard to find the items because they have different names then what they are called.  

CurseMarkPenguin

Makoto Kamashiia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:31 pm
Well we all should be original but the main reason people come here is because Gaia has an anime look to it. I mean I would cosplay but items on here are so expensive too. Though Im glad the certain items are so much because it allows me to be myself with my avi  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:45 pm
I think that there are enough things to make your avi look like you, but why look like yourself when you can be someone else?  

Bishonen_glomper

gouki_82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:22 am
I like the idea of looking like some one else
ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:19 pm
Hm, I'm too lazy to try and get the items necessary to cosplay as someone. And I don't think I have an eye for that kinda thing either. Isn't cosplaying usually for the arena and they don't keep the outfit on 24/7?

I like looking like myself, or what I could look like. My av basically looks like me (hairstyle) so it's fun seeing how different clothes change my appearance.  

Zalantra

wyrm assassin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:16 pm
Alright I say to be origenal. I think its ok to use existing characters as a basis for your avi but why not add your own flare. if everyone made there avi look like anime/manga characters it would just get boring.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I suggest that the question asked is quite oblivious when pertaining
to one's personality. Your avatar is simply a pixel-lated design of
your own interest and the statement to avoid cosplaying or not is
absolutely of your own choice and of others. Please don't feel any
agnst toward my opinion though, I just feel that your question is
really irrevelent to anything reasonable.

aizou senritsu

Tipsy Fatcat

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:01 pm
Gaia is based on Korean MMORPG

There is a ton of anime based avatars because that is what the people want their characters to look like. They are mostly innocent by themselves though there has been greater emphasis on more anime like items because that is what people are asking for.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:19 am
If I did my avatar to look like myself it'd be far too plain, I like the idea of looking like someone else.
What's so bad about cosplaying anyway? It's fun.
I don't cosplay on Gaia and I try to be at least semi-original on here.
But yeah, offline I have a small collection of cosplay stuff. (Not like whole sets, just accessories and stuff)
Cosplaying on here as popular characters gives you a good chance of winning in the arena too.  

Keetzilla

Dessedac

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:59 am
I like to cosplay but its hard to find the money to do so so im trying to find a style i like with what i can afford any suggestions on how i can make more money would be great  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:56 pm
right now, I'm cosplayed as Toutaku Chuuei from ikki tousen, (during the pool/summer episodes) just doing it because I can. I thought it would be fun to dress my character in a way that represents a fan base. Yet noon really notices since his outfit is normally a school uniform (white shirt, khaki pants, etc.) besides the bandages, I don't think my character really looks that cosplayed. Creating an original character would be too easy, I like seeing when someone cleverly combined two or more items to get the look of a certain feature on an anime character, and I also enjoy searching for the peices, its like a dog. (Though I was gonna say puzzle huh? lol )  

Totaku Chuuei

Lord Deathnotefan666

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:43 pm
G.n.i.m.s.h.
I've been a gaia member for a month or so and I've noticed that more and more people are influenced by anime and manga characters.

We see more and more naruto cosplay out there, inuyasha, hellsing, etc.. I don't want to count as many as there are.

Gaia does provide tools to create an avi of the fav anime character, but is it a good thing? Is it creative? Why can't we create something that is a representation of ourselves not a representation of our anime idol.

I don't have an answer yet and would like to hear your opinions.

Should we cosplay, or rather avoid it? (A tricky question, huh?)

I want to add that I made a little test, I've joined the arena with an Alucard cosplay, which was never in top 10. I thought "so many people like anime, it's a must top10". For now I'm not even in top 500. I will have to examine this "phenomenon", which is rather interesting.

One may think Gaia = Anime/ Manga based, but the truth might be really different.
i think its a good thing  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:16 am
Hmmm good point, thats exactaly why i got into Gaia. As for the cosplay not realy for me but i have to say im highly influenced by this anime that had a guy with HUGE retractable angel wings (I realy wish I could remember the name but i watched when i was like 5 and ive always been bad with names).  

Malfuy

leekpowah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:05 pm
For me, it seems hard to cosplay unless you have tons of gold.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff