Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dark Magic Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:50 pm
Ok then ! Now this seems to be an iffy subject, atleast to me it is. Now, many will say 'there is no such thing as dark magic, only bad intent' or something of that sort. But I've also heard people say there is such a thing as dark magic.

I, personal, believe that there is such a thing as dark magic. Now I am not saying that dark magic is always evil, I just think that is exist. If there can be dark/evil spirits and dark gods and goddesses why can't there be dark magic ?

Also, I do believe if one uses dark magic there will be consequences (sp?) because rather you use 'light', 'dark', or 'neutral' magic there is always consequences (sp?).

What is your opinion ?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:19 pm
Personally? I believe there is constructive magic and deconstructive magic. I suppose they could be seen in terms of "bad" and "good", but why should they be?

I for one do not believe in either good or evil, and I don't believe in absolutes. I believe that intent is important when it comes to magic. If you intend to do harm, then it might just bite you in the a**. If you intend to do good, but go about it the wrong way, well, it still might bite you in the a**. But that, my friend's, is what experience is all about. If you never jump in the pool, how can you learn to swim?  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Tartaruga

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:57 pm
I also don't believe in absolutes, but I disagree with "coming back to bite you in the a** part". I don't believe that as long as the intentions are good, everything will turn out all right, but you can do something "good" with "bad" intentions. If your intentions are bad, but you are doing good, would that come back to "bite you in the a**"? I also don't believe in classifying magic as "dark" or "light". Magic just is. And, of course, dark and light are relative and entirely based on perception.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:43 pm
Trinity_Despair, I'd like to know what your definition of dark magic is, as it's one of those names that can mean many things.

That way, if I do have points to make, I will be sure that I am addressing what you are asking, as right now, I'm not sure I would be. confused  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:47 pm
Mmmm, I don't really know how I would classify/define dark magic....I guess magics that you should be more careful about ? that would be more risky ? I can't exactly explain what I mean, but there are just some forms of magic (For lack of better words) that you don't take lightly (mind you, you really shouldn't take any magic lightly really...) But just more you would be more careful of...Grr I don't make sense >.<  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 7:07 am
so what sort of things would be "dark" magic?  

maenad nuri
Captain

Amber Ocean

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:48 pm
I'm still a bit confused on what your definition of 'dark' magic is...if you could explain that a bit more, I could answer the question.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:41 am
My opinion is there is such a thing as "dark" and "light" magic, but I dont think we should classify them with catagories. My reason for this is because you could use a "dark" spell (like a curse) to help other people, and you can use a "light" spell (such as healing) to cause pain on other people (by healing a bad person, or someone who doesnt want to be healed).  

PhantomPhoenix0

Narcotic Cupcake

Fashionable Prophet

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:30 pm
I can't really explain what I mean maybe dark and light were the wrong words. Ok something like.....magic that deals with spirits and the dead, you would be more careful with that than something like a wishing spell...The wishing spell would be considered light (though it can cause harm) while the other as dark, Also I see 'dark magic' as forms of magic that are looked down on. Like I said I can't really explain what I mean...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:23 am
Trinity_Despair
I can't really explain what I mean maybe dark and light were the wrong words. Ok something like.....magic that deals with spirits and the dead, you would be more careful with that than something like a wishing spell...The wishing spell would be considered light (though it can cause harm) while the other as dark, Also I see 'dark magic' as forms of magic that are looked down on. Like I said I can't really explain what I mean...

Well, if that's your definition of "dark magic" then you might as well not even use the term. I mean, think about it... Are two people ever going to agree on something for long enough to come to a concensus about what you should vs shouldn't do with magic?

Personally, I think not. I mean, some people think you shouldn't do proactive magic. Some think you shouldn't harm or manipulate others. Some people think that all magic at it's very core is manipulation. *shrugs* It's all relative, just like everything in this life.  

SlaineWildfire

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Charity.Solei

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:04 am
In that definition magic in general is dark. I thought you ment things like Curses and hexs. Those do really exhist. They are considered to be "Dark" by many because of the nature they hold.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:04 am
All of those techniques would probably exist for a reason though, don't you think? I mean the witches of yesterday must have thought that they were necessary if they created them, right?
Not going to try and argue the point, because everything aside from this is up to speculation.  

Light Chakra

Nakyra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:56 am
Dark Magic... Lets define these two words

Dark = Mysterious, shadowed, Not Light xp ,

Magic = The Intent and will of a person or persons with the aid of certain tools, settings, beings or/and dieties.

I'd like to state that Dark Magick is not equal to Black Magick!!! I think a lot of people have missed the very basis of this practise.

I'd also like to add - When I practised Dark Paganism, I happened to be a Pagan with Dark inclinations at the time. In other words, whether you call it Dark Magick or call the person Dark - it's one in the same

(of coarse this is my own point of view, as strongly as it may be coming across - I just feel as a previous practitioner of Dark Paganism that I know what I was practising 3nodding )

Dark Magick suites people who are neither good nor evil, people who don't believe in the rule of three or even the law of return. (to some degree)
I've 'played' with a couple of people using magick - It never hurt them, but it didn't help them either, the problem people might have with this is the overcoming of another persons will.
Which is what I did most during those times.

I've goto go now - but I'll add more soon

May Hecate be with you
Nakyra
______.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:20 pm
I think I understadn what she says...
Such as using a 'dark' diety to empower the spell...
thats what i understand from it anyways....  

T-kal Thornside

Dapper Smoker

3,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100

Pelta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:28 am
Magic has colors now? Damn I've been doing this all wrong... ninja

The way I see it magic has no 'light' or 'dark.' There is only what I want to do, and what I do not want to do. Either way involves a lot of forethought and then the responsibility for the aftermath, whatever that may be.

For example, I could shield myself walking down a dark alleyway to make myself less noticable. I could also do the same to slip into a pub underage. How can you say that the magic is 'light' or 'dark when I'm essentially using the same technique? Who is anyone else to say that what I'm doing is right or wrong, light or dark? Those terms are entirely subjective.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff