Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pure Energy Work Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:01 pm
One of the areas of my practice which I am simultaniously (and rather ironically) most comfortable with and least comfortable with admitting/expressing is in the area of "enery work", that is the experience of having a non-physically-apparent energy and doing things with it. I have received very little feedback on whether what I do makes any sense or not or is at all valid, which explains the discomfort, but I also just sort of "do" things, which explains the comfort.

I'll outline the basics of what I have/can do and if anyone has any ideas for testing it I'd be appreciative. ^^

1) Grounding

My first exposure to this was to create a strong bond with the earth. The rational was to balance out between the self and some other, larger and thus able to receive energy spikes entity. Based on some feedback in college (I will expand, but it seems an unecessary digression), I yacked up the ground line (hello headrush), which left me with a set of cable-like "feelers" which have gradually faded in the years since then. These days, I tend to "water" or "air" more than ground. I've been told by a few people I'm too grounded, but I'm not sure of the quality of the feedback.

2) Shielding

My introduction to this was to place layers of imagined "energy" in different forms around myself. My first set of shields, in high school, were three layered with different qualities on each layer. My room shields were single layered and tapped into an energy source under the house. I've alternated between placing shields and not over the years and haven't noticed a huge difference in terms of being able to sleep, etc... I've also shielded a friend's room on request and, now, my car. I thought I took the shields off of me a few years ago, but there's been no major reoccurance of the overwhelming external feelings that inspired the initial shielding; I haven't been able to decide if that's a reflection of decreased capacity or decreased imaginary overload on my part. The one shift in my shielding technique is now I incorporate runes if I make one.

3) Energy pockets
Every now and then, instead of simply "flinging out" an excess of energy, I'll create a mental "pocket" and fill it with energy.

4) Looking at people
Every now and then I'll look at people; I don't do it very often as I tend to get very tired afterward and it "feels weird". Usually it will involve letting my eyes unfocus and "tasting" what they look like; yes the mixing of sense terms is deliberate. I haven't done it in years, mostly because the one time I did it people treated it like a party game.

5) Reiki
I'm attuned to a second degree. I have one piece of feedback that my presence lessens the degree of or banishes the headaches of a friend; that's it. Well, that and my hands get hot all the time.

The vast majority of the time, when I do things most people seem to not realize it and when other people do things I seem not to notice or see. This has lead, over the years, to the suspicion that the vast majority of what I do is mental games and nothing even in the realm of "real". For this reason, I'd love to hear any techniques anyone uses to get outside feedback on this topic.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Deoridhe
I've alternated between placing shields and not over the years and haven't noticed a huge difference in terms of being able to sleep, etc...
Shielding is one of those things that I've found becomes very automatic after a while. It is possible that your repetitive use of a shield became so natural or habitual after a while that you don't notice when you're using it. That's just a hypothesis. It's also just as likely that whatever you felt you were threatened by left you alone after a while. wink

Quote:
3) Energy pockets
Every now and then, instead of simply "flinging out" an excess of energy, I'll create a mental "pocket" and fill it with energy.
Have you tried ever giving these mental pockets to someone else to test? For example if you felt you filled one with, say, the qualities of air, you could then give it to somebody else and ask them what they get out of it. The same goes for creating small thoughtforms and passing them around to see if other people get what they are.

The downside is that you need someone else who is trustworthy and reasonably adept at reading energy.

Quote:
4) Looking at people
I'm not sure I've experienced this. Is it akin to reading someone else's energy signature?

Quote:
This has lead, over the years, to the suspicion that the vast majority of what I do is mental games and nothing even in the realm of "real".
Welcome to the club. mrgreen What made the biggest difference for me was the application of an almost scientific approach to it. Hypothesis, Procedure, Results, Conclusion. Every detail of the outcome gets noted, and in the conclusion ideas of either what went wrong or what could be improved get discussed.

Example:
To make people dance.
Hypothesis: My sunny nature moves me to want to dance, as well as gives me the energy and drive to lose myself to the music.
Procedure: Create globe of sun-like energy over dancing area. Rays induce people to have a good time and overcome their inhibitions to dance.
Results: Number of people dancing goes from 2 to over 20. My ankle cramps and I can't dance for over a half hour. At end of half hour number of people dancing has diminished.
Conclusion: Varied success with unforseen results.
Suggested improvements for future: Don't give away more than I've got, or find an alternative energy source.

There were also variables present in the above situation that I haven't posted. You get the idea though. Of course it doesn't need to be quite as formal as that for most workings, it just helps to keep those stages in mind. It puts more of a workable structure to something that's inherently vague. Sharing these things and testing them with other people was also an important qualifier for me.

I hope that was in some way helpful.

Disclaimer: The above example was the bare bones of what I actually did, and is for the purposes of discussion only. It's not intended to be a, "let's go try this at home kiddies," toy. I deliberately left out important influences and techniques of my practise that are secret and without which it will not work. Tough luck.  

Pelta

Elf Lord Chiewn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 am
missmagpie
Deoridhe
I've alternated between placing shields and not over the years and haven't noticed a huge difference in terms of being able to sleep, etc...
Shielding is one of those things that I've found becomes very automatic after a while. It is possible that your repetitive use of a shield became so natural or habitual after a while that you don't notice when you're using it. That's just a hypothesis. It's also just as likely that whatever you felt you were threatened by left you alone after a while. wink

Honestly, I'm not sure why shielding would impact sleep, unless you're attempting to keep out active, present annoyances.

My UPG tells me that throwing shields up at full intensity and leaving them there for a year is an awesome idea.

missmagpie

Quote:
3) Energy pockets
Have you tried ever giving these mental pockets to someone else to test? For example if you felt you filled one with, say, the qualities of air, you could then give it to somebody else and ask them what they get out of it. The same goes for creating small thoughtforms and passing them around to see if other people get what they are.

The downside is that you need someone else who is trustworthy and reasonably adept at reading energy.

It's also less than conclusive and likely to try everyone's patience.

missmagpie

Quote:
4) Looking at people
I'm not sure I've experienced this. Is it akin to reading someone else's energy signature?

I'm pretty sure she means physically looking at someone and allowing the image to distort according to other sensory feedback.

missmagpie

Quote:
This has lead, over the years, to the suspicion that the vast majority of what I do is mental games and nothing even in the realm of "real".
Welcome to the club. mrgreen What made the biggest difference for me was the application of an almost scientific approach to it. Hypothesis, Procedure, Results, Conclusion. Every detail of the outcome gets noted, and in the conclusion ideas of either what went wrong or what could be improved get discussed.

Example:
To make people dance.
Hypothesis: My sunny nature moves me to want to dance, as well as gives me the energy and drive to lose myself to the music.
Procedure: Create globe of sun-like energy over dancing area. Rays induce people to have a good time and overcome their inhibitions to dance.
Results: Number of people dancing goes from 2 to over 20. My ankle cramps and I can't dance for over a half hour. At end of half hour number of people dancing has diminished.
Conclusion: Varied success with unforseen results.
Suggested improvements for future: Don't give away more than I've got, or find an alternative energy source.

There were also variables present in the above situation that I haven't posted. You get the idea though. Of course it doesn't need to be quite as formal as that for most workings, it just helps to keep those stages in mind. It puts more of a workable structure to something that's inherently vague.

How does adding structure to the documentation of a vaguely-defined activity make it akin to science? Without a valid hypothesis, there is no way to begin to equate the two.
More importantly, why bother limiting the activities in the first place?

missmagpie
Sharing these things and testing them with other people was also an important qualifier for me.

I prefer solitude, myself.
How does another's perception truly alter my own UPG?

missmagpie

Disclaimer: The above example was the bare bones of what I actually did, and is for the purposes of discussion only. It's not intended to be a, "let's go try this at home kiddies," toy. I deliberately left out important influences and techniques of my practise that are secret and without which it will not work. Tough luck.
In my experience, pretty much anything can be adapted to suit the circumstances. And compelling others to dance is not solely achievable by your means. Of course it might still work.
And honestly, who cares?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:45 am
Elf Lord Chiewn
My UPG tells me that throwing shields up at full intensity and leaving them there for a year is an awesome idea.
My practise and experience with shielding tells me there's plethora of reasons not to use shields all the time.

1. Constant shielding can also keep out positive influences
2. Shielding can effect people in your vicinity, not in the least sensitive friends
3. When going for tarot readings they often need to access your personal energy, which you may keep shielded
4. It puts up a blind that may end up blinding yourself
5. When working with other people you may need to give them access to things you may normally keep shielded.

It's akin to putting yourself in an armored box and keeping yourself there for over a year. If you want to try it, be my guest.

Quote:
It's also less than conclusive and likely to try everyone's patience.
Would you like to explain how asking for someone else's opinion on something could be less conclusive than basing it entirely on your own mental masturbation?

Quote:
missmagpie

Quote:
4) Looking at people

I'm pretty sure she means physically looking at someone and allowing the image to distort according to other sensory feedback.
Honestly, I would prefer to hear her speak for herself.

Quote:
How does adding structure to the documentation of a vaguely-defined activity make it akin to science?
I never once said it was. It was applying a workable structure to it, as opposed to letting the imagination take free reign.

Quote:
More importantly, why bother limiting the activities in the first place?
If you had understood the process, you would know it isn't a method of limitation. It is a way to understand and keep track of results of workings and thus ways of improvement. There are no limitations involved.

Quote:
How does another's perception truly alter my own UPG?
And how does written lore for a path alter someone's own UPG?

Me: My UPG tells me I belong to Lugh!
Reagun: *SMACK*
Me: Oh no my UPG was just mental masturbation!

wink

To approach it from another angle, if I set out to make people dance and the majority of them started yodeling, and certain sensitives that I know and value their judgment said that it was a thoughform to make people yodel, perhaps I would take into account the objective evidence, even if my UPG said I was making people dance.

Quote:
And compelling others to dance is not solely achievable by your means.
Care to point out where I said it was?

Quote:
And honestly, who cares?
Um. May I possibly remind you that Deo asked for help?  

Pelta

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:05 am
Elf Lord Chiewn
missmagpie
Quote:
4) Looking at people

I wish. The closest I've come to that is the seeing auras thing Tea taught me. This was images that would show up in my head; my eyes don't see much.

missmagpie
It's akin to putting yourself in an armored box and keeping yourself there for over a year. If you want to try it, be my guest.

Been there, done that. Approximately six years. They fractured once, when I moved to a different state fo college, and being in a cafeteria was so overwhelming I could barely eat. It could have been psychological, though; on a single subject basis the shield fits as the "solution" to overwhelming grief/anger/pain that didn't seem to be my own.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:33 am
Deoridhe
Been there, done that. Approximately six years. They fractured once, when I moved to a different state fo college, and being in a cafeteria was so overwhelming I could barely eat. It could have been psychological, though; on a single subject basis the shield fits as the "solution" to overwhelming grief/anger/pain that didn't seem to be my own.

I'm used to having a semi permiable shield. Things can get in as long as they're vetted by my firewall rules. The energy fuelling it comes from either myself, my tatt or the land beneath me.
Seattle destroyed those shields. My own energy was elsewhere directed and I couldn't spare much of it. I hadn't reprogrammed my shield to draw from my tatt and America wouldn't give me anything.
I went a little bit antsy.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Pelta

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:36 am
reagun ban
I'm used to having a semi permiable shield. Things can get in as long as they're vetted by my firewall rules. The energy fuelling it comes from either myself, my tatt or the land beneath me.
I put up different ones depending on and suited to certain situations. Ones put up when going past the emo centre at the bank tend to be stronger to keep it out than ones in college, which generally act as a screen.

When I go home I tend to turn them all off, mostly because my room is well protected enough as it is. That and they're entirely sourced from me so keeping them on too long tires me out a bit.

It's also nice to have somewhere you can be entirely at ease.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:40 am
missmagpie
When I go home I tend to turn them all off, mostly because my room is well protected enough as it is. That and they're entirely sourced from me so keeping them on too long tires me out a bit.

I can empathise.

missmagpie
It's also nice to have somewhere you can be entirely at ease.

The only place I've had that I can do that within the past sixteen years was Tea's apartment, in front of the hearth in a tiny little piece of floor. The house in Celbridge was not safe and the house in Maynooth can't be properly warded because of the whole "it not being mine" thing. I haven't gotten around to doing my room yet and I'm not sure I will, the house doesn't feel right for it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Darin Rosewood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:26 pm
I've always wondered: would it be possible to create a shield that reverses the polarity of negative energy directed at you? (i.e. turning harmful energy into either neutral or beneficial energy) I kinda know how to make one that would reverse the polarity of all energy passing through the shield... (I say "kinda" because it's unverified--I don't want a shield that converts helpful energy into malignant energy, and am unwilling to make one to test it. ^_^ )
PS: Sorry if there are some letters missing: I'm using a school computer and its keyboard only half-works. scream

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:55 am
Darin Rosewood
I've always wondered: would it be possible to create a shield that reverses the polarity of negative energy directed at you? (i.e. turning harmful energy into either neutral or beneficial energy) I kinda know how to make one that would reverse the polarity of all energy passing through the shield... (I say "kinda" because it's unverified--I don't want a shield that converts helpful energy into malignant energy, and am unwilling to make one to test it. ^_^ )
A friend of mine experimented with using a prism idea. Energy going in is split into its constituent parts. So programmed malice would separated into its neutral components. I thought it was an ingenious idea. It needs a bit of work before it's practised, mostly because I'm not entirely sure what the constituent parts of programmed malice would be.

What I tend to use instead if there's lots of nastiness to get rid of is a grounding shield. Whatever's nasty that touches it gets grounded. End of story  

Pelta

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:16 am
missmagpie
What I tend to use instead if there's lots of nastiness to get rid of is a grounding shield. Whatever's nasty that touches it gets grounded. End of story

Grounded into what? I'm not a big fan of assuming the earth, for example, is our energetic trash can.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:19 am
So I have to ask - is there any difference between what people consider 'magic' and stuff they call energy work? It seems that people usually don't refer to this sort of thing as magic. I'm fairly sure it isn't witchcraft, but I'm not sure how the community officially defines magic these days. xd  

Kalyani Srijoi

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:18 am
Kalyani Srijoi
So I have to ask - is there any difference between what people consider 'magic' and stuff they call energy work? It seems that people usually don't refer to this sort of thing as magic. I'm fairly sure it isn't witchcraft, but I'm not sure how the community officially defines magic these days. xd

I would consider energy work a subset of magic, but in this case I'm being specific about the sort. I don't do energy work when, for instance, I make talismans; the runes need no help from me and I'd rather learn their influences pure without mixing in some of me other than my blood.

I wouldn't personally consider it witchcraft. A lot of magic types aren't witchcraft, though, so that's hardly a surprise.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:08 am
Deoridhe
missmagpie

Grounded into what? I'm not a big fan of assuming the earth, for example, is our energetic trash can.
Good point. I tend to think of it as recycling - but then I haven't used that particular shield in a good long while. Since then I've developed a new technique of "bursting" ikkiness into neutral energies. It's a lot easier... especially when the Earth just doesn't want to take it.

Kalyani Srijoi
So I have to ask - is there any difference between what people consider 'magic' and stuff they call energy work? It seems that people usually don't refer to this sort of thing as magic. I'm fairly sure it isn't witchcraft, but I'm not sure how the community officially defines magic these days.
I would consider it magic. I would consider it the purest form of magic if I wasn't going to be attacked for doing so. Magic is an extremely broad term. It encompasses many things. Energy work is just one way of approaching it. It's similar to a school of thought or technique, just as witchcraft and CM are techniques to achieve an end.  

Pelta

Darin Rosewood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:07 pm
Deoridhe
missmagpie

It's not. Conventionally, any energy going into the ground is neutralized, which is why people ground to gain energy, since they don't have to worry about sucking up a ton of negative energy.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff